Status
Not open for further replies.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi Everyone!

I just watched Pbusardo's video review on the Kanger Protank and I have to say I'm really excited and impressed. I love the look of it ( doesn't look cheap.. which I don't like about the Vivi Novas even though I have 8 of them) If it performs as well as in his video ..I'll be super happy. Preorders are available now but I might wait for a U.S. based company to get them. Who has watched this video review and what are your thoughts? I'm using a Provari mini with Ikenvape / Ibtanks/ Phiniacs now but for me cartos are too inconsistent ( when I get it right they are awesome! But I'm also ruining plenty of them still :( Isn't it okay sometimes to just want something that works right out if the box , looks great and is easy? :vapor::blush:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Hi Everyone!

I just watched Pbusardo's video review on the Kanger Protank and I have to say I'm really excited and impressed. I love the look of it ( doesn't look cheap.. which I don't like about the Vivi Novas even though I have 8 of them) If it performs as well as in his video ..I'll be super happy. Preorders are available now but I might wait for a U.S. based company to get them. Who has watched this video review and what are your thoughts? I'm using a Provari mini with Ikenvape / Ibtanks/ Phiniacs now but for me cartos are too inconsistent ( when I get it right they are awesome! But I'm also ruining plenty of them still :( Isn't it okay sometimes to just want something that works right out if the box , looks great and is easy? :vapor::blush:

I got the Provari and IBTanked, too, and love them. But I do want to try one of these, too, because it's a bit less fussy. I will wait until they are available in the US, though.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
The Protank is a BCC - Bottom-Coil Clearomizer, just with a tank. A tank doesn't necessarily indicate what type of atomization is being used, just that the juice reservoir is larger than a typical carto/cart. Tanks for cartomizers should be referred to as "carto tanks"; but possibly with the proliferation of them, people are just shortening it to "tanks".

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
I like the looks of this ... the glass is great so no worry about acidic flavors ... I notice in the video he talks of cool vape, I use the big vivi nova's which I really like ... you people that have BCC's, can you get a warm vape from these without a burning taste? ... I like a slightly warm vape, cool for me don't work

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
PBusardo says $12.99, Lord Devon says $18.00 to $25.00... should be interesting. It might make me take the plunge to tanks. I'm a bit confused on terminology still though. I thought tanks used cartos in them and clearos use wicks only with either top or bottom coils.

He said 18.99

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
The BCCs don't give as warm a vape as the top-coils, but I wouldn't describe the vape as cool. I was a top-coil fan up until a couple of months ago; the bottom-coils give me a better tasting vape with my DIY peppermint than what I've gotten off of any top-coil design. This more than compensates me for the small loss in the warmth of the vapor.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Birchi

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
SE Virginia
I am really looking forward to having a couple of these. I have and use T3's, eVods, ViviNova's, and the VapeOnly BCC. I like all of them especially the VO which has become my favorite. I have a couple of carto tanks.. They really aren't fr me.

If the pro tank performs as well as the VO I will be thrilled. When version 2 comes with the replacabke drip tip... :D

ReaperXL7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
florida
Actually just saw Phils review myself and im pretty excited as i jusy picked up the chrome kit for my evic and think this will look fantastic on it. Obviously my only issue is that i cant find any firm info on when these will be available, but i really like the bottom coil design as i hate having to tip. Im also hoping for some different resistance heads, but im sure those will come at, or soon after release. Its hard to find nice tanks(cartos included) with a nice polished finish which makes finding nice pieces for some mods alittle difficuly, so this should do nicely. I just hope they keep the quality in place, as my biggest issue with clero style tanks has been consistancy in quality.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
Plenty of protank threads already, but I'll say it more than once- I'm waiting for the version with the metal jacket and juice window that protects it like a Kanger MT3 and with a replaceable drip tip beacuse rubber's much more comfortable. It should be out before you know it after everyone orders their Protanks and 4 spares that they do not need, and Kanger has something new to sell everyone. Metal protank with replaceable tip is all I'll need for a long time untill a game changer comes out like a wickless tank or one with plate-like coils. Hopefully they make a glass bottom coil MOD tank that doesn't use o-rings that one can fit a big 8 -or-so-wrap coil in for high vapor production.

"KangerTech will keep release more well-designed and reliable product in next few month. please keep eyes on us, thank you very much for the"

Last edited:

bt3849

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
LA
Just watched the review. I guess I'm the only one who thinks Vivi Nova or Iclear 30 look better than Protank (on Provari). Beauty is in the eye of beholder. lol.

I've also been experimenting with cartos recently but haven't find a combination satisfactory to me. Not giving up yet and there is still one more combination for me to try before I give it up altogether.

I believe PBusardo mentioned that Protank performed similar to BCC. I've recently ordered one BCC to try and did not like it all that much. I'm guessing I'm too used to the top coil clearos (warmer vape), so this Protank is probably not for me and I'm not too fond of twisting the post to remove a wick. But knowing myself, I'll probably order one anyway to try it when it's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread