Status
Not open for further replies.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi Everyone!

I just watched Pbusardo's video review on the Kanger Protank and I have to say I'm really excited and impressed. I love the look of it ( doesn't look cheap.. which I don't like about the Vivi Novas even though I have 8 of them) If it performs as well as in his video ..I'll be super happy. Preorders are available now but I might wait for a U.S. based company to get them. Who has watched this video review and what are your thoughts? I'm using a Provari mini with Ikenvape / Ibtanks/ Phiniacs now but for me cartos are too inconsistent ( when I get it right they are awesome! But I'm also ruining plenty of them still Isn't it okay sometimes to just want something that works right out if the box , looks great and is easy? :vapor:

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.
Yeah I can't wait to get some. I'am a big T3 fan so it's a natural segway for me and it looks great on a provari the t3's look a little funny.
I almost ordered some from kanger but couldn't bring myself to pay 22 dollars shipping and they will be state wide soon.
Heres the video link.
A PBusardo Review - The Kanger ProTank - YouTube

2nd chance

Moved On
Jan 21, 2013
United States
Last edited by a moderator:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I've seen the video. Looks pretty sweet to me. Was that a glass tank? And aluminum frame/base? It's bottom coil, too, right? Looked pretty cool. But I'm still in the "testing" phase of my Kanger T3's. So far, so good, but the jury is still out.

I think Phil busardo said it looks like plated brass... I hate the flavor of brass, it'll keep me from buying it.

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com

sling00

Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
Birmingham, AL
I'm worried about the evod style head.. My evods all leak unless I tighten them "just barely" so that the o-ring seal doesnt break because the connector gets pushed up into the tank. I'm definitely going to give one of these a try, but I wish they had used a different method of mounting the head. Hopefully since this is 510 connection instead of ego cone threading it'll work better. I also wish the drip tip wasn't built in. The only metal drip tip i've used has been the one included with the vision eternity and it tore my lips up due to poor machining.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I bought it on the presale a couple weeks ago and just got the email that it shipped. Has a tracking number which always helps. Thanks for posting the review! my info was from a preliminary trial done by Sun Vapers and of course I bought it first then read about it later...because its what I've been waiting to come out. Well the Sun Vaper site said some weird stuff about switching the innards with another clearo and modify? I was very disappointed to read that. I guess they fixed the problem and why they did preliminary stuff. Watch me get the preliminary ones! Nah, I don't think so since that was done quite awhile ago and this only just shipped. Sure hope not! I'm stuck with it. A new thing to fiddle with. I'm hoping it's not too big

Kyndcookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
I think Phil busardo said it looks like plated brass... I hate the flavor of brass, it'll keep me from buying it.

I've been smoking a solid brass Protopipe for 20 years. Personally, I'm kind of sentimental about it, but that's a WHOLE different forum ;)

I just put in my pre-order for two, and a set of 5 replacement stems. Really looking forward to trying these.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I'm worried about the evod style head.. My evods all leak unless I tighten them "just barely" so that the o-ring seal doesnt break because the connector gets pushed up into the tank. I'm definitely going to give one of these a try, but I wish they had used a different method of mounting the head. Hopefully since this is 510 connection instead of ego cone threading it'll work better. I also wish the drip tip wasn't built in. The only metal drip tip i've used has been the one included with the vision eternity and it tore my lips up due to poor machining.
The EVOD heads only leak when the liquid is really low( like even with the wick low). I use VG though. I also always make sure there aren't any voids around the wick and if there is I remove the center post and realign.
With thinner liquids I found it necessary to add additional flavor wicks. Domestic red oak is really thin for VG. That was with the silica wick.
I now use 1mm hemp twine in all my heads and it works great. Haven't needed to change anything for any liquid. 1 piece through the coil,1 above for flavor and you're good to go. I like to un twist a bit and loosen it up. Slight taste for a couple puffs ( even after boiling)till it really absorbs. Best to let it sit for a bit before firing. Holds up well. Vodka bath overnight after a couple tanks. I'm using the hemp twine in my aga-t2 as well and it's working wonderfully...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread