Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Love the double barrel.....but I wrecked mine. I left a tank (hurricane v1.3) on it for a week or 3 and apparently the 510 leaks. Great. In the db's defense, it still worked fine but juice was leaking out through the button. So, I took it apart to dry it out before the juice ruined it.

My God, this is a boring story....

So anyway, Squid is going to fix it for $30. I still say it's a modern day ProVari. I even ordered another one. That's pretty good for a mech squonker guy .:eek:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Stupid question of the day... one of the teeny batteries in the door has come out ( found it stuck to the side of one battery). Would it be okay to just glue it back in?
Send it to me...I'll fix it for you. Sounds like it needs a simple breakdown and cleaning....:lol:

*disregard my current track record for Double Barrel repair....

Last edited:
Reactions: CMD-Ky

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Squid DB-v2.1 Squadron complete and fully Staffed :thumb:
MSGT Schwartzkatz hit the Grounds of Ft. Vape yesterday. Took him to the Armory and outfitted him with J-wrap brushed Aluminum Armor and armed him with the venerable PMT.

Blk DB & PMT.jpg

(edited)

Awesome Day to ya my Brothers & Sisters in Vapehood :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Squid DB-v2.1 Squadron complete and fully Staffed :thumb:
MSGT Schwartzkatz hit the Grounds of Ft. Vape yesterday. Took him to the Armory and outfitted him with J-wrap brushed Aluminum Armor and armed him with the venerable PMT.

View attachment 728059

Be listing the new Blk PMT that came with the DB Kit w/3 Coils in the FS Sect. on Sunday in case anyone reading may be interested.

Awesome Day to ya my Brothers & Sisters in Vapehood :headbang:

Now I want that wrap!!! I’d hunt you down for that PMT if the coils came in at a low enough wattage. Once I gave up DL and went back to MTL, I find @12 is my comfort zone. But, mercy, that is a hubba hubba tank

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
The Wrap is nifty and is one of J-wraps "Textured" Series. Adds Looks but doesn't take away from the "basic simplicity" of Blk on Blk. The texture adds good Feel and just enough grip and hold to prevent easy slippage.
Yep on needing higher Wattage. Think the highest Ohm Coils available are 0.6R. Now I will say that I vape both MTL & DTL (with higher % of MTL) and using the 0.5 dual staked Coil, I find with some Juices I am satisfied setting at @ 24W and restrict the AFC down to about 1/4-1/3 open.
I know that's twice what you're used to but as a usual 14-18 watt Vaper, that doesn't confront or tourque me at all. Matter of fact, on the 2 Big Babies I have on the other DB's, I am using the Quad and Oct Stacked Coils at 0.15R and setting at anywhere from 36-42w and AFC 1/2-2/3 open and digging the Mass & the intense Flavor.

I agree that it's Form and Aesthetics were so appealing to me I had no choice but to step outside my "Comfort Zone" and surprisingly,,, I like it and glad I took the leap.
I do wish Smok would make some Coils with a single 26ga Config and tighter I.D. (@ 2.5mm)coming in at about 0.5R allowing more Wrapping/Wicking to produce a nice intense Flavor & Vapor Mass hitting it with only @ 16-18W.
Can you imagine how long the Batts in these would last not to mention the Coils themselves...
Ahhh the Dreamers know all too well right ;)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I do occasionally use the smok tank and coils, but hate the juice going so fast. The fda debacle and a surgery with prolonged recovery ( no work, no $ lol) coincided, so I went back to mtl to conserve juice. Just never went back. Love having battery life for days, and the Boss not raising eyebrows everytime vape mail got to the house (reminding me how I explained how much money it saved us :lol:).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Can you imagine how long the Batts in these would last not to mention the Coils themselves...
Ahhh the Dreamers know all too well right ;)

I've been running a Kabuki at 9w. I put batteries in last weekend, and it looks like they're about 1/3 way through.

:lol:

Tootlin' until me heart's content. :vapor:

SquidDB-Kabuki_20180309_072245.jpg

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Lawdy mercy DPL....
9 Watts :blink:
Even the Puffers say; DAY'UMMMM ;)
Lee Harvey! You're a MAD Man :2cool:

I will admit there was a time I remember about 5 years when I was looking at a Pioneer4You Mod (think was a Legend Clone) at a local Shop that went to 20W and said Out-Loud "20 Watts!? WTef For! Who the hail needs more than 8" :lol:

These Days,,, My Word....

Reactions: gnees

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Lawdy mercy DPL....

I will admit there was a time I remember about 5 years when I was looking at a Pioneer4You Mod (think was a Legend Clone) at a local Shop that went to 20W and said Out-Loud "20 Watts!? WTef For! Who the hail needs more than 8" :lol:

I know, RIGHT??? :lol:

I'm usually throwin' caution into winds, at 11w (whoa!), but Zen tweaked-down the Kabuki so that it really needs to be lowered for the best VTF (<remember THAT?) combo.

We be puffin'. :cool::rolleyes:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I've been running a Kabuki at 9w. I put batteries in last weekend, and it looks like they're about 1/3 way through.

:lol:

Tootlin' until me heart's content. :vapor:

View attachment 728063

I know! Got out of town with only 2 db’s, forgot charger. Finally wandered out third day to get a charger. STILL had battery power left.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Lawdy mercy DPL....

I still love my provaris, but they’re in a safe place just in case (fda :-x), but I have probably 25 mods dna and not that run up to 200? Never ran them that high, even back in dl days. Only two Id toss are the vaporesso swags, but I’d really have to hate the person to dump them on them.

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Got 1 Provari still left in the Armory, a satin Procyon w/KFv5 mated to it. I tootle on it at 15.8W ;)
It normally stays Chairside but I take it out for a Vape-Walk to Work for a day about every 2nd or 3rd week. It's kinda like the "Old Guard" of Ft. Vape; more Ceremonial than Tactical.

Switching Topics for a sec if I may,,,
Been a long time (little over 10yrs) since my Ex decided she wanted my Big Green Egg more than I wanted to pay the Attorney to keep it but,,,, every Dog (even an Old heathen Cur) has his Day and God's Karma does indeed reward those who accept and persevere....

Egg.jpg

Assembled and awaiting, along with a plethora of Access, transport & delivery to the Ft. Vape Mess-Deck Saturday 1000 hrs sharp :)

Of course such an Apparatus deserves to be christened with an appropriate Slab-o-Meat so,,,

Steaks.jpg

4+ lbs of 1.25" thick Black Angus gut-bustin' Heaven :w00t:

That is All. I now return the Channel to its normal Programming.
Also, it IS Vape & Squid related as I will be most certainly hitting one of the DB's the entire time :thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I know! Got out of town with only 2 db’s, forgot charger. Finally wandered out third day to get a charger. STILL had battery power left.

Now THAT is FUNNY!!!!! :thumbs:

I still love my provaris, but they’re in a safe place just in case (fda :-x), but I have probably 25 mods dna and not that run up to 200? Never ran them that high, even back in dl days. Only two Id toss are the vaporesso swags, but I’d really have to hate the person to dump them on them.

I think I'll be OK with Provis. :blush:

I love those SWAGS you hate. The beauty of this thing we call vape, for sure. :cool:

Got 1 Provari still left in the Armory,

I have, um, "More than one." :blink::lol:

What time's dinner? :banana:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
11??????????????????????? :ohmy: OH MY :ohmy:

0309181202.jpg

All this talk of batts reminded me that I prolly should change mine soon. I mean, they HAVE been in there since like December. :facepalm:

And the safest of places for the ultimate f f d d a a gesture, Nola! I have a stable myself, and they are fondly called my "mechs".

Not that I WANT you to hate me, but if you need a hatee, I'll sign up. ;) (Joking - I love the Swaggies and thank you to a certain Bestie, I have one in every color.)

Got 1 Provari still left in the Armory, a satin Procyon w/KFv5 mated to it. I tootle on it at 15.8W ;)
It normally stays Chairside but I take it out for a Vape-Walk to Work for a day about every 2nd or 3rd week. It's kinda like the "Old Guard" of Ft. Vape; more Ceremonial than Tactical.

Switching Topics for a sec if I may,,,
Been a long time (little over 10yrs) since my Ex decided she wanted my Big Green Egg more than I wanted to pay the Attorney to keep it but,,,, every Dog (even an Old heathen Cur) has his Day and God's Karma does indeed reward those who accept and persevere....

View attachment 728089

Assembled and awaiting, along with a plethora of Access, transport & delivery to the Ft. Vape Mess-Deck Saturday 1000 hrs sharp :)

Of course such an Apparatus deserves to be christened with an appropriate Slab-o-Meat so,,,

View attachment 728095

4+ lbs of 1.25" thick Black Angus gut-bustin' Heaven :w00t:

That is All. I now return the Channel to its normal Programming.
Also, it IS Vape & Squid related as I will be most certainly hitting one of the DB's the entire time :thumb:

I LOVE that Big GREEN Egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooooooooooooT and a half! I rarely eat meat, but hellsbells, kiddo, I'll make an exception!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread