Kayfun 5/2 Anyone? Experiences and a trustworthy website

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinVaper1980

Sep 23, 2019
Looking to get my hands on a authentic kayfun 5 Squared... the sites I’ve visited are sold out, on back-order or i just don’t trust the website.

I’m very new to the forum... I hope this is okay to post here however I do have a question about the RTA. I’ve heard the 5 Squared is a most direct lung out of them all. Does anyone reading this have much experience with the kayfun series?

Some info about me... I dislike any RTA that’s MTL. It’s just not the way I like to vape... I know that most of the Kayfuns are more MTL than DL. Yet I’d like to splurge and purchase an authentic kayfun that has the most DL capacity. So guys any help is super cool and very much appreciated!

If anyone knows of a site that has it in stock I would be very grateful in hearing about it.

(Not at all asking anyone to do homework or look for me, lol. Just asking members if they’ve used a reliable website they trust and who knows if it’s in stock)

I live in the states

Thanks guys and look forward to talking to you guys more and looking around the site!

Ivan6Two

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2018
NoVA
Originvape.com - they stock SvoeMesto stuff

Overseas, I do cremedevape or le petit vapoteur

The KF5.2 is a bit weird. The chimney is too thin in my opinion for chunkier builds. I didn't like it as much as say, a Taifun GT4. There are better RDL/DL RTAs out there. The KFs do MTL well (e.g., KF Prime).

That, and the KF doesn't wick above 70% VG easily, and I don't like noodling around with cotton thickness and all that if I don't have to.

JustinVaper1980

Sep 23, 2019
Okay great guys...

Interesting tho. Is there much of a difference between the 5 and the 5/2?
I’ll be honest I haven’t seen many Kayfun 4’s our and about.

I’m definitely set on getting SV Kayfun... however I don’t see myself investing in more than one. With other products I even collect doubles or even buy the mini versions, even whole series of certain products however with something such as a MTL RTA like the Kayfun I don’t at all see myself purchasing anymore than one RTA.

Plus any real hobbyist should own at least one authentic SvoeMesto :):thumbs:

Originvape.com - they stock SvoeMesto stuff

Overseas, I do cremedevape or le petit vapoteur

The KF5.2 is a bit weird. The chimney is too thin in my opinion for chunkier builds. I didn't like it as much as say, a Taifun GT4. There are better RDL/DL RTAs out there. The KFs do MTL well (e.g., KF Prime).

That, and the KF doesn't wick above 70% VG easily, and I don't like noodling around with cotton thickness and all that if I don't have to.

Ivan is the 4 the most airy out of the bunch? I guess this would be a good place to tell you I’m looking at the Kayfun for the great Flavor it produces... the main factors to consider would be an airy Kayfun that produces exceptional flavor that I could use after a hard days work. Something I could treat myself too... never use as a daily driver or a work piece. Something a little different than other RDA’s used throughout the day...

Btw is Originvape in the USA? I can’t find any information about them on their site.... not even a contact button or an email? I don’t know if it’s user error (meaning me) or if it’s designed that way.

Good talking with you guys and hopefully you guys have some more info for me and thanks!

Ivan6Two

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2018
NoVA
Btw is Originvape in the USA? I can’t find any information about them on their site.... not even a contact button or an email? I don’t know if it’s user error (meaning me) or if it’s designed that way.

Yep. New York if I recall correctly.

support@originvape.com

Reactions: stols001

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
@JustinVaper1980 based on what you've said the Kayfun 5 would likely suit you fine. It is very airy and can easily do DL, RDL or an airy MTL out of the box. SVM designed it that way. The K5 can handle high VG juices with no issues. If you plan on going for a tighter MTL SVM does offer the MTL Kit for the K5. Origin sells the kit too.

I've purchased several Kayfun's and SVM spares from OriginVape. They're a solid company and in the NYC.

Origin has it, but it's on backorder.
Kayfun V5 by Svoe MestoDefault Title

Dicodes-USA has the K5 in-stock. They're on the west coast. I've purchased gear from them and they are also a solid company. Here: Kayfun 5 - SvoëMesto - Atomizers & Tanks

My brother currently has my K5 as it suits his vape style more than mine. I have a some KFL19's and Prime's that I'm currently using.

Avoid the Kayfun 4 as there are a zillion parts. Good luck finding spares for it. I'm pretty sure SVM discontinued mfr'ing it. The K4 is the one Kayfun I avoided.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Haven't been around awhile but just happened to come across this thread looking for info on the KF 5/2 heh.

@JustinVaper1980 - the Kayfun 4 isn't anywhere near the airiest of anything. Compared to a KF5 its like sucking on a stirring straw. And yeah, don't EVER take it apart. I have 4 of em still, loved em to death until I moved to RDAs. The KF5 made me come back to RTAs. It was rad but not quite there yet. It got replaced with a Cthulhu MTL which would've been my favorite tank ever if it didn't leak everywhere. Replaced that with a Zeus Dual last year and only recently put my KF back into action cause the coil I put in the Zeus drinks juice like I drink coffee and Im running low on flavors right now haha. Didn't even know the KF5 Squared existed until about 20 minutes ago, but if its the KF5 with just a little bit more airflow, I might have to put that Zeus X on hold for a bit..

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Okay great guys...

Interesting tho. Is there much of a difference between the 5 and the 5/2?
I’ll be honest I haven’t seen many Kayfun 4’s our and about.

I’m definitely set on getting SV Kayfun... however I don’t see myself investing in more than one. With other products I even collect doubles or even buy the mini versions, even whole series of certain products however with something such as a MTL RTA like the Kayfun I don’t at all see myself purchasing anymore than one RTA.

Plus any real hobbyist should own at least one authentic SvoeMesto :):thumbs:

Ivan is the 4 the most airy out of the bunch? I guess this would be a good place to tell you I’m looking at the Kayfun for the great Flavor it produces... the main factors to consider would be an airy Kayfun that produces exceptional flavor that I could use after a hard days work. Something I could treat myself too... never use as a daily driver or a work piece. Something a little different than other RDA’s used throughout the day...

Good talking with you guys and hopefully you guys have some more info for me and thanks!

I have the 5, but in my opinion it won't do a DL.. it's more middle of the road, lockstep with the Taifun GT3 for airflow, if you have one of those..

I think to compete with the DL Taifun GT4, Kayfun is creating this new 5.2 .. so expect it to be near identical airflow-wise to the Taifun GT4, because that's who they seem to feel competition with..

I didn't buy the Taifun GT4 because I'm a RL vaper and not a DL vaper, and I will also skip the Kayfun 5.2 for the same reason.. I have no need of it..

If you found the Kayfun 5 or the Taifun GT3 to have too little airflow, then you'll likely quite enjoy the Kayfun 5.2..

otherwise, it's a waste of money..

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Haven't been around awhile but just happened to come across this thread looking for info on the KF 5/2 heh.

@JustinVaper1980 - the Kayfun 4 isn't anywhere near the airiest of anything. Compared to a KF5 its like sucking on a stirring straw. And yeah, don't EVER take it apart. I have 4 of em still, loved em to death until I moved to RDAs. The KF5 made me come back to RTAs. It was rad but not quite there yet. It got replaced with a Cthulhu MTL which would've been my favorite tank ever if it didn't leak everywhere. Replaced that with a Zeus Dual last year and only recently put my KF back into action cause the coil I put in the Zeus drinks juice like I drink coffee and Im running low on flavors right now haha. Didn't even know the KF5 Squared existed until about 20 minutes ago, but if its the KF5 with just a little bit more airflow, I might have to put that Zeus X on hold for a bit..

Just a heads up, but did you get the Cthulhu Hastur, when it first came out?

if so, they made replacement topcaps so the glass is well seated, and hence fixes the issues with the RTA..

it's just 2 or 3 dollars for the new topcap..worth the money..

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've purchased clones of pretty much all the Kayfun models and have always ended up back with my EHPro Kayfun V2's. They are easy to coil and wick. They don't leak if you check vacuum seals periodically and change the o-rings once or twice a year.

I vape 60pg and 70pg juice in my Kayfuns. I've tried 50/50 mixes and end up having to cover the air holes and draw a vacuum to get juice back into the wicks. Kayfun V2's aren't particularly fond of high VG juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread