The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kayfun Glass mod?

Discussion in 'RTA' started by proga, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. proga

proga Full Member Verified Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Oregon
    Does anyone on this forum have the ability to mill down a kayfun lite to accept an o-ring and glass tank directly to the base and the top cap? Essentially eliminating the stainless threaded glass tank adapter pieces? Those adapters seem unnecessarily bulky.

It looks possible because the existing threads have a larger outer diameter than the inner diameter of a glass tank section. So you could potentially use a lathe to mill down an existing kayfun base to the id of a glass tank, then cut a groove for an o-ring, and do the same to the top cap?

• Like Like x 1
  2. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    If you get rid of the metal-plastic-metal part and swap it for a glass tube, what would hold the tank together?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. proga

proga Full Member Verified Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Oregon
    The friction would be enough because that's what the existing quarts/pyrex glass tank kits use without issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. vapdivrr

vapdivrr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Not sure but I know they make the plasma tanks for them which is all glass. Not sure if that is what you had in mind though, but there is one for sale in the ecf classys now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Knut arne

Knut arne Full Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Norway
    Greek Steamtuners have made some clear tanks for the kayfun`s but i dont think its glass. There are several other bell cap(s) out there also of glass

• Like Like x 1
  6. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. stavrious

stavrious Full Member

Oct 24, 2017
    i think i have seen someone selling this on ebay,might be what you are after

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.