Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Be aware that only single o-rings hold the Quartz tank kit together. You can get quite the surprise of a pocket full of juice it they separate. BTDT :oops:
Yup. These Quartz/steel tank sections are garbage.

Thin glass (cracked one in 5 min after receiving them) and the sections are held together only with an o-ring. Useless for anything other than light home use.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
The clear M tank on my ehpro kfl has a crack in it and I was wondering where is the best place to get replacement tanks? I'm using the tall one.
Same question, except I need the shorter one that goes between the two metal rings. The threads on mine just sort of..."came off" while I was disassembling it earlier today. I must have cracked them by over-tightening it or something because when I undid it all today, the plastic part just sort of fell apart in my hands.

@hittman, FastTech has the tall ones if you don't mind the wait, but the only short ones I see are either a multicolored 3-pack, which I'd only want the clear one, or the whole tank with the metal rings and clear center section all sold together. All I want is the clear center section, or, more likely, like a 5-pack of them...

Reactions: TrollDragon

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
A lot of the KFL bases on FT are pure junk, it's really a hit and miss for quality. You would be much better off if you can find an EH Pro version of the Kayfun Lite V2.
Such as here:
EHPro Kayfun price, harga in Malaysia, wts in - lelong

I think youd be surprised troll dragon, if you tried the ones they have and sell right now. I mean your right from the standpoint that the old ones were crappy, but they dont sell them anymore. The ones with the square juice channels they have now, are way better then my ehpro V2. I have three V2's, I dont like any of them. But you have to wick the lite plus's big, at around 2.7 mm to get big clouds. Those ones they got now, do pull the juice perfectly. Im talking about the lite plus, not the five pawns version which might be a verson 2. But your right it used to be hit and miss, but I think that is more true today about newer style atomizers that have been cloned, where the clone doesnt have the kinks worked out. Fasttech did work out the kinks and finally settle on the right KAYFUN lite plus. With the new clones, everything just moves so fast, that bad atomizers just get passed. But if time did do one thing right, it was perfect the best Kayfun lite pluses.

I had a few FT clones and they were average at best until i got my hands on the EH Pro Kayfun Lite V2 , those are absolutely superb in every way .

Slapped on a few Monster V2 bases and awesomeness all around.

For what they are selling for now it's outright theft imo.

Really? Thats wrong. They discontinued selling the crappy ones.

Please dont post stuff here unless your certain, it just confuses newbies and Kayfun lite plus lovers. About the only thing a good Kayfun lite plus isnt good at is vaping juice which is 100 percent VG, then you should have probably a Kayfun Monster.

Ive got an Ehpro Kayfun lite 2, and it is junk compared to my Lite +'s. The problem is people gave up on them too early. The first Kayfun Lite plus's that Fasttech sold were trash, like troll dragon said, compared to what came out later, but they dont sell those trashy ones anymore. Today they sell 2 versions. They are pretty close to the same. (the five pawns one might be a Verson 2 ??, I dont like the juice channel look so i never bought one) And the one without the logos is the second best one Ive ever found. <<< Its NOT the five pawn version. That one just kicks .... The best ones I ever found I have 7 of, got em from Focalecig, dont know the manufacturer, then they didnt have them anymore. They got the wide juice channel, and the wide center post channel. One problem people have with the newer kayfun pluses is education. There's an old rumor that you have to wick them between 2.0 mm and 2.4 mm. That was true about those old Kayfuns, but not true about the right ones. But if you wick that one from Fasttech with a 2.7 mm build, a number 36 driver bit, its a steam engine. Dont listen to the reviews at Fasttech, they are NOT wicking that baby right. <<<They are underwicking that atomizer, that I know for certain. I recommend the one without the logos. The one with the logos has given me fits with shorting because the insulator shorts too much. The insulator in one of those units I tried sucks. <<< Might just be one bad one, but both the single atomizers at Fasttech, they sell could be the same, and they are way better performers then my V2's, which I dont like. About all i can tell you is I know both Tobecco and Ehpro made crappy Kayfun lite plus's at one time or another, they might have changed them later., I dont know who makes the good ones, and Fastech will not tell you. But whats the difference? Fasttech sells at manufacturer prices anyway, especially when you consider free shipping.

My Kayfun lite pluses are better all around performers then my Aqua, Orchid, Rose, you name it they beat everything else I got.

To Lite plus lovers:

1) If your using polycarbonate single piece long tanks on your Kayfun, use only the 1mm thick oring or they will crack the tank. <<< This i know from experience, I used a 1.5mm thick oring, and it did crack the tank threads. Beware, those tanks also crack if there dropped or over tightened. So for FDA purposes, it might not be a bad idea to stock up on your little polycarbonate tanks, that fit in between the two steel sections. Last i checked they still sell them at Fasttech. Both kinds.

2) Those center posts on the Kayfun rebuild kits from Fasttech are crap. If you tighten them real tight, they snap and break. (But some of the parts from Fasttech are ok, the deck piece and deck insulator are real nice. The bottom center post insulator from Fasttech is real good, but there at least four different sizes for Kayfuns that I have found, and it probably WONT fit your Kayfun.) Also the head size on the center post from FAsttech is too big for most lite pluses, they dont even fit the models that they sell. <<< And that is just weird. KEEP YOUR OLD CENTER POST IF YOU DOING A REBUILD. You can boil them and get gunk off them. IF YOUR OLD CENTER POST IS STAINLESS STEEL, YOU HAVE A DIAMOND IN YOUR HAND. Its also about your safety, especially if you use mods or you have VV Mods which dont detect shorts. I means if you dont do it right, you could blow yourself up. You need a good one that you can tighten down the deck solidly, to keep that deck from twisting and shorting. That is why I just love my new Ola X hero, it detects shorts. I did a really nice review on the Ola X Mod in the review section here. My first and probably last review. Its weird, nobody seemed to care.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I think youd be surprised troll dragon, if you tried the ones they have and sell right now. I mean your right from the standpoint that the old ones were crappy, but they dont sell them anymore. The ones with the square juice channels they have now, are way better then my ehpro V2. I have three V2's, I dont like any of them. But you have to wick the lite plus's big, at around 2.7 mm to get big clouds. Those ones they got now, do pull the juice perfectly. Im talking about the lite plus, not the five pawns version which might be a verson 2. But your right it used to be hit and miss, but I think that is more true today about newer style atomizers that have been cloned, where the clone doesnt have the kinks worked out. Fasttech did work out the kinks and finally settle on the right KAYFUN lite plus. With the new clones, everything just moves so fast, that bad atomizers just get passed. But if time did do one thing right, it was perfect the best Kayfun lite pluses.
Thanks for the update, to be honest I have not tried any of the newer bases.

If you would be so kind as to post a list of SKU's that you feel are good performers, that would be a great help for the thread.

SLM

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2015
NE Ohio. USA
Aargh! I just broke the clear poly tank on my KFL V2! I snapped the threaded section right off not paying attention when I was going to take it apart to clean and rewick it! :mad:

That's what I get for being in a bit of a hurry and not paying enough attention to what I was doing! o_O

Now to track down a new one, or most likely 4!

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Those Five Pawns tanks are shorter than the original M-tank (27mm tall vs. 34/34.5mm tall), and require a short chimney. They are a lot less juice capacity.

Sorry about that SLM, I almost helped you get the wrong thing. :( I've never been bitten when I read the reviews. I'll be asking here, from now on. :thumb: :)

SLM

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2015
NE Ohio. USA
Sorry about that SLM, I almost helped you get the wrong thing. :( I've never been bitten when I read the reviews. I'll be asking here, from now on. :thumb: :)
No worries! I didn't order yet and last night I noticed someone said they were short. I was going to measure mine today.

Thanks! I'll check those out.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Roughly how often are you fine folks rewicking your KFL+'s? Just trying to get a good gauge of how often or after how many tanks.

Most of my juice is 10-20% flavour, so I am interested in hearing from people that are using flavoured juice. If you vape unflavoured and can get a year out of a wick? Good for you! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread