Kayfun LITE - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Costa Mesa,CA
Roughly how often are you fine folks rewicking your KFL+'s? Just trying to get a good gauge of how often or after how many tanks.

Most of my juice is 10-20% flavour, so I am interested in hearing from people that are using flavoured juice. If you vape unflavoured and can get a year out of a wick? Good for you! ;)
I vape NETs.Each tank and a new wick for me.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Roughly how often are you fine folks rewicking your KFL+'s? Just trying to get a good gauge of how often or after how many tanks.

Most of my juice is 10-20% flavour, so I am interested in hearing from people that are using flavoured juice. If you vape unflavoured and can get a year out of a wick? Good for you! ;)
BreSha, that is a hard question for anyone to answer because it depends largely on your juice and to some extent how you vape. I have some raw NETs that I need to rewick every 2mls. I have other heavily cased NETs from HHV that I can go 15 - 20 mls. You are going to have to find out for yourself based on the liquid you vape and your own personal tastes. Check on the wick after each tank and if the coil looks gunked up then you've hit the wall and can gauge it from there.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Just quick question folks! I am a Tootle Puffer so I build my coils for my Kayfuns at about 1.2. I am trying to help a friend get into vaping and off the cigs and I have set him up with a Pico and a Kayfun Lite Plus to start! He really wants clouds so I want to set up his KF with a coil that will meet his needs. Any suggestions as to where to start if he is using the Pico? He doesn't build coils yet but I want to get it set up for him!

Reactions: TrollDragon

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Just quick question folks! I am a Tootle Puffer so I build my coils for my Kayfuns at about 1.2. I am trying to help a friend get into vaping and off the cigs and I have set him up with a Pico and a Kayfun Lite Plus to start! He really wants clouds so I want to set up his KF with a coil that will meet his needs. Any suggestions as to where to start if he is using the Pico? He doesn't build coils yet but I want to get it set up for him!
May want to steer them towards a different atomizer...

Fortune favors the Bottom Feeders.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I think youd be surprised troll dragon, if you tried the ones they have and sell right now. I mean your right from the standpoint that the old ones were crappy, but they dont sell them anymore. The ones with the square juice channels they have now, are way better then my ehpro V2. I have three V2's, I dont like any of them. But you have to wick the lite plus's big, at around 2.7 mm to get big clouds. Those ones they got now, do pull the juice perfectly. Im talking about the lite plus, not the five pawns version which might be a verson 2. But your right it used to be hit and miss, but I think that is more true today about newer style atomizers that have been cloned, where the clone doesnt have the kinks worked out. Fasttech did work out the kinks and finally settle on the right KAYFUN lite plus. With the new clones, everything just moves so fast, that bad atomizers just get passed. But if time did do one thing right, it was perfect the best Kayfun lite pluses.

Really? Thats wrong. They discontinued selling the crappy ones.

Please dont post stuff here unless your certain, it just confuses newbies and Kayfun lite plus lovers. About the only thing a good Kayfun lite plus isnt good at is vaping juice which is 100 percent VG, then you should have probably a Kayfun Monster.

Ive got an Ehpro Kayfun lite 2, and it is junk compared to my Lite +'s. The problem is people gave up on them too early. The first Kayfun Lite plus's that Fasttech sold were trash, like troll dragon said, compared to what came out later, but they dont sell those trashy ones anymore. Today they sell 2 versions. They are pretty close to the same. (the five pawns one might be a Verson 2 ??, I dont like the juice channel look so i never bought one) And the one without the logos is the second best one Ive ever found. <<< Its NOT the five pawn version. That one just kicks .... The best ones I ever found I have 7 of, got em from Focalecig, dont know the manufacturer, then they didnt have them anymore. They got the wide juice channel, and the wide center post channel. One problem people have with the newer kayfun pluses is education. There's an old rumor that you have to wick them between 2.0 mm and 2.4 mm. That was true about those old Kayfuns, but not true about the right ones. But if you wick that one from Fasttech with a 2.7 mm build, a number 36 driver bit, its a steam engine. Dont listen to the reviews at Fasttech, they are NOT wicking that baby right. <<<They are underwicking that atomizer, that I know for certain. I recommend the one without the logos. The one with the logos has given me fits with shorting because the insulator shorts too much. The insulator in one of those units I tried sucks. <<< Might just be one bad one, but both the single atomizers at Fasttech, they sell could be the same, and they are way better performers then my V2's, which I dont like. About all i can tell you is I know both Tobecco and Ehpro made crappy Kayfun lite plus's at one time or another, they might have changed them later., I dont know who makes the good ones, and Fastech will not tell you. But whats the difference? Fasttech sells at manufacturer prices anyway, especially when you consider free shipping.

My Kayfun lite pluses are better all around performers then my Aqua, Orchid, Rose, you name it they beat everything else I got.

To Lite plus lovers:

1) If your using polycarbonate single piece long tanks on your Kayfun, use only the 1mm thick oring or they will crack the tank. <<< This i know from experience, I used a 1.5mm thick oring, and it did crack the tank threads. Beware, those tanks also crack if there dropped or over tightened. So for FDA purposes, it might not be a bad idea to stock up on your little polycarbonate tanks, that fit in between the two steel sections. Last i checked they still sell them at Fasttech. Both kinds.

2) Those center posts on the Kayfun rebuild kits from Fasttech are crap. If you tighten them real tight, they snap and break. (But some of the parts from Fasttech are ok, the deck piece and deck insulator are real nice. The bottom center post insulator from Fasttech is real good, but there at least four different sizes for Kayfuns that I have found, and it probably WONT fit your Kayfun.) Also the head size on the center post from FAsttech is too big for most lite pluses, they dont even fit the models that they sell. <<< And that is just weird. KEEP YOUR OLD CENTER POST IF YOU DOING A REBUILD. You can boil them and get gunk off them. IF YOUR OLD CENTER POST IS STAINLESS STEEL, YOU HAVE A DIAMOND IN YOUR HAND. Its also about your safety, especially if you use mods or you have VV Mods which dont detect shorts. I means if you dont do it right, you could blow yourself up. You need a good one that you can tighten down the deck solidly, to keep that deck from twisting and shorting. That is why I just love my new Ola X hero, it detects shorts. I did a really nice review on the Ola X Mod in the review section here. My first and probably last review. Its weird, nobody seemed to care.

I am 100% certain , that you happen to disagree is your issue not mine , i stand 100% by what i said.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Here's a question that I haven't got aroud to asking....

When I refill my KFL+'s, I get dry hits from time to time for the first 1/4-1/2ml or so. After that, smooth sailing and no more dry hits. Doesn't matter the PG/VG ratio as I have used 50-90% VG with similar results. I fill almost to the top of that makes a difference.

Any thoughts, KF gurus?

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Here's a question that I haven't got aroud to asking....

When I refill my KFL+'s, I get dry hits from time to time for the first 1/4-1/2ml or so. After that, smooth sailing and no more dry hits. Doesn't matter the PG/VG ratio as I have used 50-90% VG with similar results.
Every time you refill, or only on a fresh wick?

I fill almost to the top of that makes a difference.
Have you tried, not filling it all the way? It needs at least a little bit of an air bubble in there, to create a pressure differential when you draw on it.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Every time you refill, or only on a fresh wick?

Have you tried, not filling it all the way? It needs at least a little bit of an air bubble in there, to create a pressure differential when you draw on it.

Every time EXCEPT with a fresh wick. I use full stainless mode, but will try leaving a little space.

Try priming the wick with some ejuice before you assemble your KFL.

I always do.

Saippenu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2016
U.S. Northeast
I recently started using an ehpro Kayfun lite V2 after some time using the iclear S30s and I really like the Kayfun. My only disappointment is that the flavor is so strong that I now have to mix separate batches of juice because I vape menthol and it is so overpowering in the Kayfun that it makes me cough and just tastes too strong.

Do people typically use different flavoring amounts when they switch between different tanks/RTAs?

I still like the Iclear when I'm at work because it is topfill and not quite as heavy as the Kayfun. Making separate batches is a bit of a pain because I am also making different nic strengths for two friends.

I don't see any other options though. It's a minor complaint really. Just wondering what other people do.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey guys, is it normal for a tank to flood on hot days? I am guessing the air expands inside the tank causing excess liquid to get inside the chamber.
It likely made the juice thinner and made it more conducive for flooding.

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
Hey guys, is it normal for a tank to flood on hot days? I am guessing the air expands inside the tank causing excess liquid to get inside the chamber.
Yes, that's what causes it. You can stop that from happening if you put your device upside down in a cup holder or something. Doing that will give the pressure someplace to escape. Just put some tissue under it though because there will be the residual juice in the wick that will be pushed out...

Arnold Ziffle

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
San Quentin
I was at a favorite vape store/ art gallery today. they were clearing out the vape section to focus on art. had a lot of good deals so my wife and I bought a lot of stuff at half off. they threw in some
freebies. we spent around 450 and on the way out Barry gave me two kfl lights. I have four and these have different markings. the machining and threads are smoother than my authentics. it looks in addition to the regular markings it has vri and to the left it looks like made in usa.. I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread