Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I was at a favorite vape store/ art gallery today. they were clearing out the vape section to focus on art. had a lot of good deals so my wife and I bought a lot of stuff at half off. they threw in some
freebies. we spent around 450 and on the way out Barry gave me two kfl lights. I have four and these have different markings. the machining and threads are smoother than my authentics. it looks in addition to the regular markings it has vri and to the left it looks like made in usa.. I'm stumped.

those are authentic AZ ... originally sold through Vaperev Shop - Home page

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I was at a favorite vape store/ art gallery today. they were clearing out the vape section to focus on art. had a lot of good deals so my wife and I bought a lot of stuff at half off. they threw in some
freebies. we spent around 450 and on the way out Barry gave me two kfl lights. I have four and these have different markings. the machining and threads are smoother than my authentics. it looks in addition to the regular markings it has vri and to the left it looks like made in usa.. I'm stumped.
That is a VapeRev (VR) logo to show that they distributed it for SvoëMesto in the US.
Totally Authentic.

Willy beat me to it... :D

eGoinMD

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
MD
Soooooo, I have a question for any and all folks that have/use, or had used, both a Kfl+ and a Monster V2 base/atty.

Does the increased airflow of the Monster base have an effect on juice consumption? Meaning am I going to go from my current 5-6ml per day to 8-10ml or more?

If so, I will both need to refill more often, AND need more nic base:eek:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Soooooo, I have a question for any and all folks that have/use, or had used, both a Kfl+ and a Monster V2 base/atty.

Does the increased airflow of the Monster base have an effect on juice consumption? Meaning am I going to go from my current 5-6ml per day to 8-10ml or more?

If so, I will both need to refill more often, AND need more nic base:eek:

yes, they do go through more juice than an authentic Kayfun.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Hello everyone, I am getting constant flooding apparently because I am drawing too much liquid into the chamber due to a tight draw. Bubbles are coming up almost every time I draw. Is there a way to fix this problem without loosening the draw? I am thinking the channels are too wide for my particular style of vaping.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Hello everyone, I am getting constant flooding apparently because I am drawing too much liquid into the chamber due to a tight draw. Bubbles are coming up almost every time I draw. Is there a way to fix this problem without loosening the draw? I am thinking the channels are too wide for my particular style of vaping.
Maybe make your wicks tighter in the channels or make your liquid thicker???

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Wow 80% VG in a KFL? Good luck with that venture, I would say that is why it is flooding due to the suction required on a tight draw. ;)

That is why I like the new kayfuns with juice flow control. It gives you some say about how much juice goes into the chamber.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota

A good well sealed Kayfun will not leak, at least not much when they are not in use, or ,,,, when in use. If it does it needs to be fixed. Kayfun's move liquid by vacuum, the movement of air causes the movement of juice. IMO, Kayfun's, especially the light pluses, do not need wicking in the juice well. <<<< (Which may not be true about Kayfun monsters, I dunno, I wick in the juice well on my monsters because the well is huge. Maybe somebody can comment on Monsters and non juice well wicking.)

Some common causes for leaking are:

1) It could be that it is a poorly machined Kayfun. If it didnt do this when you bought it, well then thats how you know its not the Kayfun.
2) Wore out or missing O rings.
3) A bad battery. If battery is so weak that it doesnt warm up the coil sufficiently, then when you take a draw you have unspent juice gathering in the chamber.
4) The chimney doesnt seal sufficiently around the Kayfun cap. (Bad or worn or the wrong size of O rings can cause this also) Ive had Orings that worked for a long time on the chimney, get moved slightly from use, and suddenly you spring a leak. The O ring in the cap, must be seated in the chamber for it,- that is in the cap chamber for the Oring, and also fit just snug around the chimney.
5) Stripped threads on the Kayfun tank section
6) If your using plastic tanks, cracks in the plastic tank can cause leaking also. Inspect the poly tank for cracks using a magnifying glass.
7) If you have changed caps on the Kayfun to another cap, this can cause an issue also, see number 4 above. Some Kayfun caps just do have a really nice fit around the chimney. Different size O rings are necessary to experiment with if you go to another cap, to make sure the fit in number 4 above it just snug around the chimney. If its too hard of a fit, then the chimney will push the O ring up the cap barrel instead of around it. This will cause massive Kayfun leaking. Check your cap and make sure the O ring stays seated in the place for it after Kayfun assembly/disassembly.

Notice on all the items above, except the battery, something has interfered or compromised the vacuum that exists in the Kayfun. If you want to know how well sealed a Kayfun is, fill with juice and let it sit for a week. Ones that leak after a couple hours have an issue that should be repaired. Ones that leak a little after 2-3 days, have a good enough seal to vape, but the vacuum isnt perfect. Ones that dont leak even a drop, have perfect seals and vacuum pressure.

If your using the metal tank, I recommend changing all your O rings to a 1.2 mm thick rings. 1.2 x17, which is a little thicker then comes with stock tank. Sometimes thicker rings can compensate for poor or worn machining. But dont use 1.2 mm o rings on polycarbonate, as they can crack the tanks. If your using polycarbonate tanks section use only a 1 mm thick O rings, and change them to new rings. 1 mm thick by 16, 17 or 18 will work. Obviously 16 will give you a snugger fit, but Ive tried them all and they all work.

Like any machine, Kayfuns need service once in while also.

Part of my Kayfun collection:
From left to right.
Front row: Kayfun v5, Monster V2, Monster V3
Back row: All four are Kayfun Lite pluses, version 1 and still in use today.
Mods: On the left: Hero 30 Watt on the right Ehpro Caravela Mech.

HamY5Bw.jpg

Last edited:

dms25

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2014
Switzerland
Hi! I'm a KFL+ owner but it's been sitting in my cupboard for the past 6 months now, I couldn't deal with the tight airflow anymore. I'm not a cloud chaser, I usually vape around 1ohm and 20watts, but with the KFL+ I felt I was always sucking too long to get the desired amount of vape. It seems there are some tricks around this can someone enlighten me? What's this "monster" base? Thanks

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
No one mentioned the vacuum test for leaks, so I will.

Wet your finger for better sealing and cover the air hole(s) tightly. Draw a vacuum on the drip tip and hold it with the tip of your tongue. A good set of o-rings will hold that vacuum for at least a minute, usually much more, but 15 or twenty seconds is enough to prove that the o-rings are good.

If you feel the vacuum weakening, change out the o-rings. Don't forget about the one in the small section of the chimney tube where it passes through the top cap. That one is frequently the culprit because it abrades when the top cap is removed to re-wick. It's a little tough to change, but the best technique is to slide it into the channel from a side angle and work the rest of the o-ring into the channel with your thumb. Once you get it in insert the chimney top section and wiggle it around to fully seat the ring.

A Kayfun with good o-rings generally doesn't leak unless the tank is full and gets hot in the sun (expansion) or the wick gets too saturated and drips into the air tube under the wick. That can happen when you try to overcome a dry hit by continually drawing without hitting the fire button.

I don't change o-rings that often. Once a year is probably often enough. Also, don't forget that drip tip o-rings are also likely to abrade and wear over time. Drip tips are pulled often and the rings do require eventual replacement. Those don't cause leaks, but they can affect the draw on the drip tip and let in air when you take a hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread