The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kayfun LITE - Part 2

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Dusty_D, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BreSha6869

BreSha6869 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    They are good IMO as they wont touch anything "clone".

They are blowing out all of their Nemesis mechs for $99CAD. Cheapest I have ever seen them.

Looks like they are focusing on juice and the Smok Alien type sub-ohm gear.

Becoming my favorite B&M...

• Like Like x 3
  2. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    2.5mm x4mm grub screw I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ken B

Ken B Senior Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Penang
    Any help appreciated.

just received and built these:-

$11.21 Kayfun Bell Cap Kit w/ 510 Drip Tip (5-Pack) 5-pack - acrylic + stainless steel / ant logo at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    $4.64 Replacement Base for Kayfun Lite Five Pawns - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

KF bases and Bell caps but the airflow control screw appears to do very little, and the draw is too loose. All the Youtube videos seem to be for too tight a draw, but with these whatever driptip I use the draw is too airy.
    The airflow hole through the positive post is 2mm, and I wonder if there is a way of making it a tighter draw.
    Not used these bases before, but they are pretty rough, and would not recommend them, but FT has little selection now.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

4. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    How far does the air control screw go in?

5. Ken B

Ken B Senior Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Penang
    It does seem to go to the bottom of the air inlet hole, but makes absolutely no difference to the draw. Very strange.

6. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Can you see or stick something inside the air and see that the screw is blocking the hole? I have seen air control like this where the screw does not screw all the way in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Hey @Ken B, I am a huge fan of KFL and have bought several bases on FT.

The 2 I suggest the most that are left are these:
    $4.00 Replacement Base for 22mm Kayfun Lite Plus V2 & Kayfun Lite Five Pawns - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    $3.51 Replacement Base for Kayfun Lite Plus - stainless steel / black plated at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

One has AFC on bottom, the black has AFC on side like a Russian 91%.
    Both have AFC that can be very tight.

That said, when buying clones you can always run into a dud or has some type of issues, even highly recommended ones can have some manufacturing error.

That is why I will usually buy 2 or more of a highly recommended clone, in case I get a dud.

I also have tons of KFL repair kits, both clone versions and authentic gear (SS decks, etc.)

$1.92 Spare Parts Kit for Kayfun Lite Plus V2 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    $1.92 Spare Parts Kit for Kayfun Lite at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I echo @ricks here, it sounds like the screw in there is not doing it's job. I would look to replace it and see if that fixes the issue.

8. Ken B

Ken B Senior Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Penang
    I have consigned them all to the "parts" box, as the 510 threading is so rough on these bases, it is chewing up my mod threads.
    Many thanks for the links to the alternatives. I will replace them when I am financially able. Such a waste.
    Thanks to all for your help.

9. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Man, sorry you had such a bad experience Ken B, that really sucks!

10. sky4it

sky4it Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2013
    Minnesota
  11. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

12. Plettschner

Plettschner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    CT
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Plettschner

May 2, 2013
    CT
    I would seriously contact FT support about it... if you can get a good close-up picture of the threads and explain the air flow situation, they will likely replace it. I bought a few of the black version of the base you got and the threading is very good on all of it. Even the air holes in the center pin are chamfered nicely. I really think you got a lemon.

14. Plettschner

May 2, 2013
    CT
  15. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
  16. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Kas, I know the one on fasttech I use, do you want the link to that?

• Like Like x 1
  17. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Sure, I was hoping someone would know if the one I linked, to was the right one though. I will take what info I can get though, I have 2 of the 5 pawns edition's coming to me and need to get extra tanks for it. I am going to be placing a order with Creme de Vape soon, which is why I was asking. I guess it is just a plastic tank though, if it fits who cares where it came from at this point.

KAS

18. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Here is the one I use:
    $3.22 Replacement PC Tank for Kayfun V4 & Kayfun Lite Five Pawns (5-Pack) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Well if the specks are right from fast tech, than the ones I posted are not right.

Thanks
    KAS

I ended up ordering some of each, I don't have the 5 pawns ones in hand yet to measure. I read the the chimney can slide up into the top cap, so if the ones from CDV are too long maybe I will still be able to use them anyway. :)

20. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Posting to open

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.