Kayfun LITE - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
$8.28 Replacement Tank for Kayfun Lite / Monster V2 RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - stainless steel + acrylic at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I was wondering if anyone else had tried these. Notice how it says for a Kayfun lite, NO its not. I bought three packs of them. 15 in all. They are shorter then the metal sections that come with stock Kayfun lite plus tanks, and longer then ones that come with the steel sections when you make a nano tank.

I have short chimney bases which I think will make them work. But when I tried em the chimney is still a little tall for most caps, it will work but it aint right. (I think they must be Monster only parts.) I'll have to get extra nano chimney sections which probably will work but only on certain types of Kayfun caps too. I dont get it really, I would say these Kayfun parts are for the Monster only, even tho they advertise them for Kayfun Lites. It pays to read the dimensions of the parts, which I didnt. Whatever the case they result in a smaller tank from the standard 4.5 ml liquid.

I can also tell you that the polycarbonate tanks fasttech sells for the Orchid, some people will tell you they are interchangeable with Kayfun tanks. Not all of them are. At least "some" of them are different then the ones sold for the old Kayfun lite plus in size. Its very little difference in length, but it does make a difference.

Quick note, fastech really does discontinue products and support for parts when they get older. If you find an RTA you like, buy parts while you can.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I don't know if I'd call it chain vaping or not. I usually take three or four consecutive hits at a time since I have to stealth vape at work. A few quick puffs and then back in my pocket. I have noticed that once the coil starts getting gunked up that I get a funky taste on the third or fourth puff but then I know it's time to change the coil and wick. I am using a diy menthol tobacco and can get a week or so out of a coil.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    This seems like a good place to ask... anyone know what the thread size is for the airflow screw on the bottom of a KFL+ V2?

that was the one part on the Kayfun Lite V2+ I did not try to source ... I bought like 20 extra $4 KFL clone bases to cover that missing part.

I also reasoned that it is hardly ever used or removed (and would not render the KFL useless if lost) ... everything else I have multiple spare parts, I even bought a 1/2 dozen spare authentic center pins.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Illinois
    This seems like a good place to ask... anyone know what the thread size is for the airflow screw on the bottom of a KFL+ V2?

SHOP has rebuild kits, maybe someone there would tell you the size. Contact Us

ETA...I have a few :D Kayfuns and the screws are not all the same size.

Reactions: Plettschner

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    I can also tell you that the polycarbonate tanks Fasttech sells for the Orchid, some people will tell you they are interchangeable with Kayfun tanks. Not all of them are.

Since Fasttech has been out of the clear polycarbonate tank centers for the Kayfun Lite-Plus for a long time now, I just use the Orchid tank centers ... They work perfectly in all my Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 clones.

Here is what you need:
    $0.95 Replacement Tank Section for Orchid V4 Rebuidable Tank Atomizer - PC / translucent at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

BTW ... The photo don't show it, but all have come with the O-rings on each end.

Last edited:

sky4it

ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2013
    Minnesota
    indeed.

I was speaking of the full length polycarbonate tanks. (of course at the time i wrote that post fasttech was still selling the small middle sections pieces for kayfun lites etc all) The orchid one that fasttech sells is 34mm, the lite plus one is 34.5 mm just enough to make a difference.

Fasttech has discontinued selling many of the Kayfun lite replacement bases, just recently. The one that has the rectangular shaped ejuice channel on the bottom, is discontinued, and it was a great one. The ones with the beveled edge stunk in comparison. Its the same juice channel thats on the V2 in the photo, doesnt pull enough juice. You can still get the gold and black versions, but i dont know if they are any good. I had an instore credit so i am going to try the 5 pack of gold bases. Its also tough to get chimney bases for them anymore, most bases are also discontinued. Although you can get the top chimney piece still i think.

I would guess since Fasttech is discontinuing most of the lite plus bases, except the Five Pawns version, the polycarbonate tanks will be next to be discontinued. The have already discontinued the best Kayfun caps,IMO.

The end of an era, and maybe a great thread.

Really what other atomizer offered the simplicity to overhaul the atomizer , the great condensed vape, with the ease to narrow down where the leak was? Not many. The Monster fails in the last two departments. With increased airflow come increased leaking problems associated with it.

It is/was a great atomizer, my dual coils, Kayfun v5, all sit in there boxes.

Here is the champ, IMO, notice the rectangular juice channel, which made a huge difference in juice pull:

$4.31 Replacement Base for Kayfun Lite Plus - w/ logo / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: TrollDragon

Plettschner

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 2, 2013
    CT
    It definitely seems that all of the KFL parts are going the way of the dinosaur... some parts I ordered from FT a month ago are now discontinued. I have enough complete units and parts to last me a few years... love my little KFL+

ea5d1afa23f8a7ca6316e18e6f6dc184.jpg

tckenno

ECF Veteran
    Dec 29, 2015
    N. Michigan
    Am debating a dual coil on the KFL+ v2. Have had 4 in daily use for about a year and other than PC discoloring in my Cinnamon tank, they are holding up nicely. One full plastic PC tank snapped when tip got snagged while working but that was on me. Anyway, is anyone running duals in one ohm range (MTL) and if so could you post pic of coil layout and wicking? I've been wrapping 28 gauge singles in 1.5 ohm +-.3 ohm but have 30 gauge wire if space dictates more compact coils.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Am debating a dual coil on the KFL+ v2. Have had 4 in daily use for about a year and other than PC discoloring in my Cinnamon tank, they are holding up nicely. One full plastic PC tank snapped when tip got snagged while working but that was on me. Anyway, is anyone running duals in one ohm range (MTL) and if so could you post pic of coil layout and wicking? I've been wrapping 28 gauge singles in 1.5 ohm +-.3 ohm but have 30 gauge wire if space dictates more compact coils.
    I've seen duals in the KF4, I doubt you will have enough juice flow to keep two coils saturated on the KFL.

But I could be wrong... :D

I think you'll find with that build, the wick burns dry in the center of the coil since they are so wide.

Reactions: tckenno

tckenno

ECF Veteran
    Dec 29, 2015
    N. Michigan
    I think you'll find with that build, the wick burns dry in the center of the coil since they are so wide.

Thanks for posting vid TD, is just what I was looking for :) My wicks tend to burn out in middle now, with 15 wraps would prolly become more of an issue. Alternatives might be thinner wire or letting ohms drop to .75ish range. I did like how he trimmed wick 1 mm above base then tucked tails and wetted, good pointers. Usually I trim, wet, and place wick before threading on base.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    my Kayfun Lite v2+ collection consists of 9 used authentics (all bought here in the ECF classies) and these 4 brand new, never opened KFLs :cool:

and enough spare parts to make them vape forever :party:

View attachment 648209
    I'd like to know how many of these Dash bought. Last I checked, they still had stock for $69CAD.

I bought 4 and at least 10 American ECFers we know and a half dozen of my friends bought multiples of these. Must have had hundreds!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    I'd like to know how many of these Dash bought. Last I checked, they still had stock for $69CAD.

I bought 4 and at least 10 American ECFers we know and a half dozen of my friends bought multiples of these. Must have had hundreds!

I'm guessing 100 or more ... right from their start, Dash has had serious money invested in authentic gear.

they used to sell these Kayfuns for $119 CAD

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread