h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Qorax's and Phil's reviews are up.
I skimmed pbisardo. Still issues with temp
Control. Qorax doesn't use temp control much and only reviews what he likes so I will watch it a bit later. I find his buddies really helpful for when I've bought something and pbisardo more for whether or not to buy it.

Here's to the Kayfun 5 figuring it a better juice control and temp control

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I skimmed pbisardo. Still issues with temp
Control. Qorax doesn't use temp control much and only reviews what he likes so I will watch it a bit later. I find his buddies really helpful for when I've bought something and pbisardo more for whether or not to buy it.

Here's to the Kayfun 5 figuring it a better juice control and temp control
Pbusardo noted that he screwed up putting the deck back together and that was the cause. Once fixed, it worked fine.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
For temp control issues? Or the lack of a hard stop on juice control?

Did anyone receive one yet? I contacted the four shops listed as resellers on the SM site. 3 no longer carry their stuff the 4th doesn't know when they will get them. $100 isn't bad if it's great. Are the mini kayfuns ususlly 2/3 the price of the full size or does this indicate SM lowering prices in the face of much more competition?

Best price found shipped either EU or USA? Including if you got dinged import tax ? If it's specified properly there should be no import tax <$200

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
It's $80 before shipping at creme de vape
It's 74.95 pounds which is about $108 USD. That's without shipping which is sure to be another $15 USD.

ETA: Forgot about VAT so it's 62.45 pounds which is about $90 plus 12.95 pounds which is about $19 USD. So $109 USD shipped. Still way too much for a 2ml 19mm tank. But I know it's all about the cachet of owning one which has zero appeal to me.

Last edited:

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
It's 74.95 pounds which is about $108 USD. That's without shipping which is sure to be another $15 USD.

ETA: Forgot about VAT so it's 62.45 pounds which is about $90 plus 12.95 pounds which is about $19 USD. So $109 USD shipped. Still way too much for a 2ml 19mm tank. But I know it's all about the cachet of owning one which has zero appeal to me.

If you have no interest then why are you even here? Some of us prefer quality. If you prefer your mass produced china tanks made from the cheapest materials they could find and absolutely no quality control then good for you. We don't need to keep hearing about it though.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you have no interest then why are you even here? Some of us prefer quality. If you prefer your mass produced china tanks made from the cheapest materials they could find and absolutely no quality control then good for you. We don't need to keep hearing about it though.
I was responding to a post directed to me. I can only laugh in regard to the second point. Your bias is obvious. And I'll post whatever I like wherever I like, thanks. You're free to add me to your ignore list or just scroll by my posts.

Reactions: Petabread

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I would definitely try the clone when one is available. I like small tanks since I don't go through juice quickly (2-3ml a day if that) and have always liked the draw on Kayfuns as a MTL vaper. The price tag is steep so... if I get one, it can only be a clone as I'm broke. I'm still using a KFL+ v3 clone that I got from Fasttech.

Reactions: KTMRider

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I would definitely try the clone when one is available. I like small tanks since I don't go through juice quickly (2-3ml a day if that) and have always liked the draw on Kayfuns as a MTL vaper. The price tag is steep so... if I get one, it can only be a clone as I'm broke. I'm still using a KFL+ v3 clone that I got from Fasttech.
I wouldn't mind trying one out but not at $100. I got a bunch of clones of the KF4 and while it's one of my favorite atomizers, I would've been ...... if I paid $160+ for it. For under $20 ea, I can deal with the mods I had to do to make them stable for TP. Still not perfect but good enough.

I'll also wait for a clone.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
LMAO!! I love guy's like you who bash clones! You DO realize that there are many clones that are exactly as good or BETTER then the authentic.....

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015

Please, just remember though that vaping is a Chinese invention, by a Pharmacist whose dad died from lung cancer due to smoking... So Chinese have my respect no matter how they produce their tanks! Without China, I may still killing myself with analogs. The electronic cigarettes were first developed in Beijing, China and the rest of the world followed after that.

The first with this idea was Herbert A. Gilbert, indeed. In 1963, he filed a patent for this type of product. But the timing was just not good so thanks to Han Lik who set forth to develop electronic cigarettes!

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I'll just leave this hear?!?

7ca980bc2623200ad484f5acfd052f97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
So how are you guys liking it? Is there any difference in flavor representation from the kf4

Off topic
-----
As for clones. I don't typically buy them. It's not that I have anything against hen they hair have so many issues usually I gave up on it. If I have to buy three $20-30 clones to
Get it going right I should buy the authentic. Also resale
Of
Authentics if you take care of them probably means you lose less than buying an expensive clone. Except when a company blows up their second hand market.

For me I got sick of oring and connectivity issues so I bought an authentic taifun. When I saw the quality vs the hotcig clone which everyone swears is just as good it was night and day.

There are some clones that are literally the exact same item. Same factory. Everything. But a lot are just off by that much that they leak or whatever.

I have and use several clones. Example. I can't see buying an authentic hurricane - the tobeco clone is probably 95% for 10% the price.i do
Find that's a rarity though. More of the clones I've tried are off than good. So for Me no mostly gave up On it.

Back On
----

If I can get a Kayfun mini 3 for under $100 to the door I may get one. I won't pay more than that. I'll won't buy until I can try one. It needs to be better on resistance issues than the 4. And if hope he flavor is improved back to the level of the Kayfun lite. I found the 4 - both authentic and clone - to have lost a bit in vapor production. Mostly in density. Flavor was down a hair but the density was the most noticeable issue for me - and he crap temp Control coexistence.

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread