The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

keeping the vape money local

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by coolerat, Dec 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. coolerat

coolerat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    No.

The four pack days were when I was driving truck. Light one off the last one and hotbox it til it burnt my fingers.

Rinse and repeat

• Like Like x 2
  2. gcvt

gcvt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2012
    San Francisco
    Well then, good for you! Four packs would make my head spin. Vape on! :vapor:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY

The others guys that I worked with were just as bad. Some are dead. Some vape. One guy quit with vaping then quit vaping. Smoking again shortly after. He's been back on the vape a year or so. Clutches that mod like his life depends on it. Which it does. 6mg at 90w. Way to powerful for me but whatever works

• Like Like x 2
  4. Doctorvapes

Doctorvapes Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2017
    When circumstances permit, I support our local vape shop. The employees are friendly and it's cool to go in and check everything out. If it wasn't for them, I would have never gotten started because I had no idea about online ordering so I'm very thankful for that. It's also nice when you want or need to pick something up but can't wait a week on the mail.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I support my local shop when I go there, which is less and less these days. If I do go, I will buy a small amount of e-juice.

Anna

6. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Of the two that I visit, the one furtherist away is the one I've come to prefer. They just have more, but at B&M prices. Rda selection is great, mods are what you expect now from B&M, regulated high power. She does have starters too. Other than RDA's nothing for sqonk. Don't blame her. She carries what sells. Good juices, both house & premium.

The other is a chain. I like the manager, think that may be it. They occasionally give a deal or two but I've out grown them. 1 sqonk that I didn't care for and a mech or two, good selection of RDTA, not so much on RDA. The manager commented that C'ville isn't so big on RDAs. Dunno.

My point is, as a sqonker there isn't much in B&Ms to entice my money. I understand why, but with sqonking taking off I'd think someone would carry the newer regulated ones in small amounts.

I'd love to support more, but I'm not going to buy just for that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have only ever purchased 1 item at a vape shop, a bottle of juice for the wife. We had gone in to check it out and she tried this lemonade that she really liked and wanted. So we bought a bottle and took it home. The wife opened it and put some in her topper and took one puff and was like "this is gross". We then looked closer at the bottle and realized that instead of lemonade he gave us lemonade ICE (aka Menthol which she hates). We went back to the store and were told all juice sales are final despite the fact that he took the bottle of what we didn't ask for and bagged it before we ever even saw what he put in the bag. I haven't bought local since. Although I have been in a couple and was not impressed with any of them. Now that I DIY, I make a pretty good lemonade that the wife likes.

• Like Like x 2
  8. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
  9. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Image doesn't load.

10. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Pics are breaking my heart tonite.

provi10.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Built the Ares with a spaced 26ga kanthal. 1Ω.

Did it first with 28ga. Clamps don't love 28ga. Ok but 26ga is mo bueno.

Nice vape on the Provi.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Nice looking setup with the black and SS trim/accents.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. wheelie

wheelie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    I went to local shop and bought 2 new batteries for the mod I won here. First shop I have been in in the last year. Don't need anything so why go in as I feel I should at least buy something.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Equality 7-2521

Equality 7-2521 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    oakland ca.
    I DIY, and there isn't a piece of vape gear I want sold in a vape store.,,,

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.