RDA Kennedy 24mm RDA thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Quick question. Is the copper rda come with copper drip tip or stainless steel?

It's stainless

image.jpg

Reactions: Dan011z

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Pretty sure it comes with stainless but don't quote me on that. Ever since I got my K24 in early Sept, I haven't put it down. It's my daily on top of my limitless mod. My single gripe with it is the centerpost. It should have been redesigned to accommodate larger complex builds. I have no problem fitting complex builds into the negatives, but right now the build I'm running is a fused clap parallel to 24g, and it was a miracle I was able to push both coils thru the centerpost.
Edit: Has anyone seen a clone of it yet? I'm just curious because I haven't at all. Not that I would buy one, but I'm just surprised it's taking China so long haha

Yes, there are 24mm/22mm clones up in Ebay right now.
Not sure about the quality tho.
Never seen it in person.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Despite how amazing flavor Petri puts out, no one seems to care, because its 110 after tax.
Price is more relevant I believe?
Cheaper the RDA, attracts more people.

My ethos is to invest in something I will enjoy using, not that the price is irrelevant. However I just am so damn happy to find an alternative to smoking that I actually derive more pleasure from. It's just that I always find something I don't like about attys at the cheaper end of the spectrum that it's actually a false economy.

I used to love clones, now I can't even be bothered to look at them, anything with too much plastic going on or I find is too fiddly I put down and don't pick up. When I add the cost of all the devices I don't use against the Kennedy for instance, the Kennedy turns into a bargain. If that makes sense.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Yea tell me about it.
There is this one RDA reviewed by GrimmGreen that has plastic covering half of the deck in a RDA.
Talk about suicide.
When I first switched over to RDA from using tanks (atlantis etc), I picked up a mutation v2.
Then I got myself a Quasar RDA authentic off my co-worker for 30 bucks. Used that for a while then got myself a Dark Horse.
Then onto Velocity.
After a lot of switching and upgrading, and I finally ended up with an atty that seems absolutely perfect to me.

I really think its all about exploring a lot of options out there until you find one that really suits your build style and other preferences.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Yea tell me about it.
There is this one RDA reviewed by GrimmGreen that has plastic covering half of the deck in a RDA.
Talk about suicide.
When I first switched over to RDA from using tanks (atlantis etc), I picked up a mutation v2.
Then I got myself a Quasar RDA authentic off my co-worker for 30 bucks. Used that for a while then got myself a Dark Horse.
Then onto Velocity.
After a lot of switching and upgrading, and I finally ended up with an atty that seems absolutely perfect to me.

I really think its all about exploring a lot of options out there until you find one that really suits your build style and other preferences.

Totally, sounds like we had very similar journeys. I switched over from tanks to RDAs as I prefer the airflow.
And have worked my way across a spectrum of devices, until I have found something I enjoy using regularly.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Same could be said for Petri, Indestructible, etc...
Petri is my other favorite atty. I've had one for a while now, I was waiting to order one and like two weeks later the 1.5 was announced. My luck isn't great with these things.
I'm a huge advocate on the Indestructable. I know that the new Indestructable isn't the same as the American made original JayBo designs version, but it has too many nice features to not look at it. Plus, it comes with the comp cap for the Vector if you already have one.

My ethos is to invest in something I will enjoy using, not that the price is irrelevant. However I just am so damn happy to find an alternative to smoking that I actually derive more pleasure from. It's just that I always find something I don't like about attys at the cheaper end of the spectrum that it's actually a false economy.

I used to love clones, now I can't even be bothered to look at them, anything with too much plastic going on or I find is too fiddly I put down and don't pick up. When I add the cost of all the devices I don't use against the Kennedy for instance, the Kennedy turns into a bargain. If that makes sense.

I used to get clones here and there but now I just won't. Quality products are quality products and clones aren't up to par with a solid atty like the Kennedy 24. Everything is just machined perfectly on it and despite the centerpost I can fit (it's a struggle) my big coils thru the centerpost.
image.jpeg
I'm surprised there are clones already, I haven't seen any but then again I haven't looked on eBay.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Petri is my other favorite atty. I've had one for a while now, I was waiting to order one and like two weeks later the 1.5 was announced. My luck isn't great with these things.
I'm a huge advocate on the Indestructable. I know that the new Indestructable isn't the same as the American made original JayBo designs version, but it has too many nice features to not look at it. Plus, it comes with the comp cap for the Vector if you already have one.

I used to get clones here and there but now I just won't. Quality products are quality products and clones aren't up to par with a solid atty like the Kennedy 24. Everything is just machined perfectly on it and despite the centerpost I can fit (it's a struggle) my big coils thru the centerpost. View attachment 506362 I'm surprised there are clones already, I haven't seen any but then again I haven't looked on eBay.

Digging your dual parallel Clapton build.

I only use Clapton builds in my regulated mods, I have mostly been building 22/24 dual parallel coils in my Kennedy's as I run them on mech mods and have been experimenting with 216L SS.

and totally agree with you regarding quality.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California

I used to get clones here and there but now I just won't. Quality products are quality products and clones aren't up to par with a solid atty like the Kennedy 24. Everything is just machined perfectly on it and despite the centerpost I can fit (it's a struggle) my big coils thru the centerpost. View attachment 506362 I'm surprised there are clones already, I haven't seen any but then again I haven't looked on eBay.

Thats a really beautiful build you got there damn haha.
I gotta practice making those types of builds.
Last time I tried clapton coil, it looked like tangled hair lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Forde

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Thats a really beautiful build you got there damn haha.
I gotta practice making those types of builds.
Last time I tried clapton coil, it looked like tangled hair lol.
Lol thanks bro. That's actually a multistrand fused Clapton, 25 strands of 38g & one strand 26g fused with 40g. Parallel to 24g all N80. The most annoying part of those types of builds is cutting the high gauge wire to even lengths. The way I do it is I'll pull the wire on the spool across an 12" LP frame & cut once I have the strand from end to end on the frame.
Claptons are easy to make, I honestly struggle sometimes making a 30g Clapton around 24g because the 30g is so thick.
Edit: I actually didn't find any K24 clones on eBay. Just decks and caps for "build your own K24". And I found this. Call me crazy but I think the price is worth the bling. http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131611901180

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread