RDA Kennedy 24mm RDA thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Double post but: these coils are extremely wide & they fit nicely on this deck. The post width is perfect.
479b2a650e3014a69ddd80bf4b592e67.jpg
0dd87f8f5fc657df3269fc294079cd03.jpg

Sorry for potato phone quality pics. But I must say the machining and quality are both 10/10. Kennedy also sent hex keys, however not the crappy ones that always strip the screws, but the black ones you'd find in a kit with different sizes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Holy fkn orgasm.

Reactions: Tom Forde

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
After giving the new Kennedy's a soak in some vinegar they came out flawless. No dark marks, no smell just gorgeous copper. They're so beautiful I almost don't wanna build on them, almost. Got a series alien build ready for the 24 two post and will end up putting some sort of alien staple in the 25. Can't wait to build and vape them. Now it's just a waiting game for a two post ruby.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
After giving the new Kennedy's a soak in some vinegar they came out flawless. No dark marks, no smell just gorgeous copper. They're so beautiful I almost don't wanna build on them, almost. Got a series alien build ready for the 24 two post and will end up putting some sort of alien staple in the 25. Can't wait to build and vape them. Now it's just a waiting game for a two post ruby.
Kennedy just put out more Ti 3 post Ruby's for sale. If they would have put up a 2 post Ti Ruby....no matter the cost I'd have it ordered by now lol

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
image.jpeg
Picked up my K25 today, cleaned and polished , I put a dual parallel coil build 24 gauge immolation wire, 10 wraps 3mm 0.05ohm

The build deck is absolutely huge and a pleasure to build on, beautiful grub screws and quality Allen keys. I haven't had the chance to measure them but this RDA has the biggest post holes after the Petrie Dot mod. I plan to replace the coils with fused claptons, but am getting a hard hit with amazing flavour and vapour without singeing my lips.

Can't think of anything bad to say, and so far no leaking whatsoever.

Last edited:

DannyBravo

Jun 25, 2016
Why are the RDA's so expensive!?!? I have a Smok TF-RTA V2 and V4, which gives me an amazing build deck, a top fill TANK with swivel cap, 4ml of juice and juice flow control so instead of using RDA's I have to drip all the time or a tank that is reliant on a coil - I build this deck out, wick that baby up and I am good to go!! I paid $20 for these (each, the V4 was actually $21, sorry)and I see these as being FAR better devices than ANY RDA let alone one that is ugly aesthetically, and also lacks in design - no adjustable bottom pin!? 3 post design? Weird "Tubes" for air flow!? I mean I see and get the fact that you can probaby chuck HUGE clouds with these bad boys but my Smok TF-RTA would compete with any RDA out there for sure! I bought an RDA once to give the whole dripping thing a try but hated it - it WAS a clone, but a damn good one and it sealed well, airflow was nice and the deck was good (As far as RDA's go) but I got a TON of splash back and just really didn't like the thing all that much, it was a Plume Veil clone if I remember correctly, don't even know where it is and all of my vape gear goes in the same place in my room, all the time.... Am I missing something here or is it simply just perference? I just would rather not have to drip every 5 hits, just too much of a pain to do for me..

McAnythingReally

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2015
Albany, NY
Why are the RDA's so expensive!?!? I have a Smok TF-RTA V2 and V4, which gives me an amazing build deck, a top fill TANK with swivel cap, 4ml of juice and juice flow control so instead of using RDA's I have to drip all the time or a tank that is reliant on a coil - I build this deck out, wick that baby up and I am good to go!! I paid $20 for these (each, the V4 was actually $21, sorry)and I see these as being FAR better devices than ANY RDA let alone one that is ugly aesthetically, and also lacks in design - no adjustable bottom pin!? 3 post design? Weird "Tubes" for air flow!? I mean I see and get the fact that you can probaby chuck HUGE clouds with these bad boys but my Smok TF-RTA would compete with any RDA out there for sure! I bought an RDA once to give the whole dripping thing a try but hated it - it WAS a clone, but a damn good one and it sealed well, airflow was nice and the deck was good (As far as RDA's go) but I got a TON of splash back and just really didn't like the thing all that much, it was a Plume Veil clone if I remember correctly, don't even know where it is and all of my vape gear goes in the same place in my room, all the time.... Am I missing something here or is it simply just perference? I just would rather not have to drip every 5 hits, just too much of a pain to do for me..
Not all RDA's are expensive, in fact you can get many Authentic, great RDA's these days for around the cost of your SMOK equipment. The difference is here is that each of the Kennedy's are machined in a facility in the US, are heavily QCed and are built with care. SMOK and the like are mass produced Chinese products, using varying qualities of metals and metal blends to create their devices. Over time, your SMOK product will deteriorate, and start to break. Threads will get chewed up, certain parts wont turn as easily anymore, and overall they are built as disposable devices. The way the Kennedy's are machined allow for very long term use without issue and headache. They are meant to last for a long time with very little maintenance. All of the metal used in these are high quality, well known types of metal, that are known to be safe with longer use in vaping, the products are all flawless, and QCed heavily before they are sent. You pay for quality with Kennedy, it may not be the most eye catching asthetically pleasing device, but once you use one, you understand why the cost is there. It just performs, in both clouds and flavor.

Having used a Plume Veil Clone, as well as using an Authentic Kennedy, I would pick the Kennedy hands down any day. The Plume has a very small juice well, and leaks like a mad man anytime you fill above the negative post airflow hole. The Kennedy has an incredibly deep juice well, where I can easily get 10-15 hits before I need to drip again, and that is using a Clapton build. Both produce great flavor, and great clouds, but the ease of use, and the deep juice well make the Kennedy stand above the Plume.

In regards to your comment about spit back with an RDA, that has nothing to do with the dripper, and everything to do with the build that was in the RDA. Too little cotton, hot spots, a slightly uneven coil, etc all lead to spit back. The design of the RDA itself has nothing to do with those factors.

At the end of the day, this is a discussion about the Kennedy 24, while your SMOK RTAs do have a place in the vaping world, they are not for everybody, and to come in bashing the choices others make for their vaping journey is less than appreciated. We all have tastes in vaping, and all enjoy different devices, but when it comes down to it, the quality of the K24, is leaps and bounds above anything that is mass produced in a factory, and that is why they have such a following and respect in the community.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA

Buy it, build it, vape it. If a kick to the perineum is not achieved, tear down and rebuild. Repeat till you know you have a perineum.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
So quick note on this Atty. It's beast. These posts. I fit these in them. (didn't bother doing a stack for these shots)
f9751aec0dfcd62328da60d6b5907b18.jpg
1388b7c6f343686afbf1ad88a65cd7ab.jpg

I'd love some square/oval hole'd posts, maybe at like 3.5mm width though. Just for some of my flatter, larger builds. I haven't stopped vaping this deck since I've got it and hot damn that fat dragon is incredible.
Btw - let's get a serial # thing going on the 24's/25's 2 posts.
0010 here (brass 24)!

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ

Sorry for the double post but I gotta side with @McAnythingReally on this. Just read that nonsense.
Why are these RDA's so expensive? Because they are perfectly machined in America and backed for life by Kennedy Enterprises. Meaning; if something ever happens to your deck, send it in to them, get a new one back for free.
I had an experience back in November with a 3 post Beta K24 deck. Meaning no serials, no markings on the deck at all. Granted this was before the K24 clones came out, but I contacted Kennedy & within a week I had a brand new serialized deck. That's the kind of service you're paying for. Along with a top notch A+ grade machined unit.

And I know the 3 post design may seem obsolete or old or just bad to some but I prefer it to a giant center post block with 2 post holes, or "velocity style posts" - I hate that term.
As for your Smok tanks, what happens if something goes wrong? Do you send it in and have something fixed? Or do you go out and have to buy a replacement? Ad for the RTA section, tanks are limited in what you can build on them because instead of the deck totalling up to 22mm, 24mm, 25mm, etc, the deck needs to be smaller then the sum of tank's total circumference. So there's an immediate limit.

Yes a tank may hold more liquid, however fill up a Kennedy 24 or 25's juice well and see how much it'll hold when it's wicked. A ton. I can go way more than 5 hits without having to redrip on a 24mm, 3 or 2 post. The tubes are for airflow to the coils. Why are they there? To ensure that you don't leak when filling up the bottom airflow juicewell.

Also I don't remember a TFV ever having an adjustable bottom pin. But as for a Kennedy's aesthetics, I love them. It's simple and nice. I prefer fixed airflow over adjustable. Adjustable is usually just one more thing to worry about on an Atty or RTA or RBA or tank or whatever.

I think you are missing something here. Clones don't hold their salt to originals, especially with Kennedy.
But hey, to each their own. Just don't put down an incredible product with the best CS in the game until you try it.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Not all RDA's are expensive, in fact you can get many Authentic, great RDA's these days for around the cost of your SMOK equipment. The difference is here is that each of the Kennedy's are machined in a facility in the US, are heavily QCed and are built with care. SMOK and the like are mass produced Chinese products, using varying qualities of metals and metal blends to create their devices. Over time, your SMOK product will deteriorate, and start to break. Threads will get chewed up, certain parts wont turn as easily anymore, and overall they are built as disposable devices. The way the Kennedy's are machined allow for very long term use without issue and headache. They are meant to last for a long time with very little maintenance. All of the metal used in these are high quality, well known types of metal, that are known to be safe with longer use in vaping, the products are all flawless, and QCed heavily before they are sent. You pay for quality with Kennedy, it may not be the most eye catching asthetically pleasing device, but once you use one, you understand why the cost is there. It just performs, in both clouds and flavor.

Having used a Plume Veil Clone, as well as using an Authentic Kennedy, I would pick the Kennedy hands down any day. The Plume has a very small juice well, and leaks like a mad man anytime you fill above the negative post airflow hole. The Kennedy has an incredibly deep juice well, where I can easily get 10-15 hits before I need to drip again, and that is using a Clapton build. Both produce great flavor, and great clouds, but the ease of use, and the deep juice well make the Kennedy stand above the Plume.

In regards to your comment about spit back with an RDA, that has nothing to do with the dripper, and everything to do with the build that was in the RDA. Too little cotton, hot spots, a slightly uneven coil, etc all lead to spit back. The design of the RDA itself has nothing to do with those factors.

At the end of the day, this is a discussion about the Kennedy 24, while your SMOK RTAs do have a place in the vaping world, they are not for everybody, and to come in bashing the choices others make for their vaping journey is less than appreciated. We all have tastes in vaping, and all enjoy different devices, but when it comes down to it, the quality of the K24, is leaps and bounds above anything that is mass produced in a factory, and that is why they have such a following and respect in the community.

Totally agreed
Sorry for the double post but I gotta side with @McAnythingReally on this. Just read that nonsense.
Why are these RDA's so expensive? Because they are perfectly machined in America and backed for life by Kennedy Enterprises. Meaning; if something ever happens to your deck, send it in to them, get a new one back for free.
I had an experience back in November with a 3 post Beta K24 deck. Meaning no serials, no markings on the deck at all. Granted this was before the K24 clones came out, but I contacted Kennedy & within a week I had a brand new serialized deck. That's the kind of service you're paying for. Along with a top notch A+ grade machined unit.

And I know the 3 post design may seem obsolete or old or just bad to some but I prefer it to a giant center post block with 2 post holes, or "velocity style posts" - I hate that term.
As for your Smok tanks, what happens if something goes wrong? Do you send it in and have something fixed? Or do you go out and have to buy a replacement? Ad for the RTA section, tanks are limited in what you can build on them because instead of the deck totalling up to 22mm, 24mm, 25mm, etc, the deck needs to be smaller then the sum of tank's total circumference. So there's an immediate limit.

Yes a tank may hold more liquid, however fill up a Kennedy 24 or 25's juice well and see how much it'll hold when it's wicked. A ton. I can go way more than 5 hits without having to redrip on a 24mm, 3 or 2 post. The tubes are for airflow to the coils. Why are they there? To ensure that you don't leak when filling up the bottom airflow juicewell.

Also I don't remember a TFV ever having an adjustable bottom pin. But as for a Kennedy's aesthetics, I love them. It's simple and nice. I prefer fixed airflow over adjustable. Adjustable is usually just one more thing to worry about on an Atty or RTA or RBA or tank or whatever.

I think you are missing something here. Clones don't hold their salt to originals, especially with Kennedy.
But hey, to each their own. Just don't put down an incredible product with the best CS in the game until you try it.

Definitely agree, the innovation, build quality and customisable options with a Kennedy allow you to tailor your RDA to perform exactly how you wish.

I prefer mods with straight to battery 510s the fixed 510 on the RDA is a big plus in my book.

Reactions: Tom Forde

ddloco

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
Rialto,California
Because people keep paying that much for them bottom line

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Something came to mind, to the guys with the copper Kennedy's how do you keep your build decks clean? I can polish/soak the top cap but soaking the base with coils in anything but water seems like a bad idea and I really don't want to have to pull the coils out every time I want to clean it. I could see maybe vinegar + a rinse in water and a good dry burn would work but I want to verify.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Something came to mind, to the guys with the copper Kennedy's how do you keep your build decks clean? I can polish/soak the top cap but soaking the base with coils in anything but water seems like a bad idea and I really don't want to have to pull the coils out every time I want to clean it. I could see maybe vinegar + a rinse in water and a good dry burn would work but I want to verify.
I have a brass deck and you kind of need to treat brass and copper the same way. I'll use nevr-dull on the bottom of the deck like where the air comes in (not inside the airflow) and where the serial is/the 510. If or when the inside of the deck starts to darken I'll disassemble the posts and first do a few rinses with warm water & my water/dish soap solution with a toothbrush, then if needed, a vinegar bath, then soap and water again. Same thing for the posts.

Reactions: Verb

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA

Though, I dry burn sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I usually rebuild when it's time to rewick. I mainly use naked wire spaced coils; so, the wire is never heated till glowing. If I built something fancy, I'm sure I'd dry fire my coils clean more often.

But, I have cleaned my copper Ruby without removing the coils. There was zero residue. I use a tablespoon of salt dissolved in a couple cups of vinegar. A 5 minute soak, followed by a dunk in water with a couple of teaspoons of baking soda, then a rinse in hot water. Towel dry.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Though, I dry burn sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I usually rebuild when it's time to rewick. I mainly use naked wire spaced coils; so, the wire is never heated till glowing. If I built something fancy, I'm sure I'd dry fire my coils clean more often.

But, I have cleaned my copper Ruby without removing the coils. There was zero residue. I use a tablespoon of salt dissolved in a couple cups of vinegar. A 5 minute soak, followed by a dunk in water with a couple of teaspoons of baking soda, then a rinse in hot water. Towel dry.
If you're dry burning and just swapping cotton just dunk it in water like you would a normal deck and dry fire til they're clean enough and the deck is dry. Then just wick her up and vape it

Totally agreed

Definitely agree, the innovation, build quality and customisable options with a Kennedy allow you to tailor your RDA to perform exactly how you wish.

I prefer mods with straight to battery 510s the fixed 510 on the RDA is a big plus in my book.

That is with a protruding 510. The press-fit 3 post Kennedy 22's & 24's have a fixed 510 however it protrudes enough to be compatible with a direct to battery mod. I believe Smok tells the user not to use TFV tanks with direct to battery mods.

Also, in the whole lifetime of Kennedy atties, they've had what, 3 major revisions not including the Kennedy comp vs standard Kennedy?

The first was the v1 which was the Kennedy comp & standard Kennedy, then then 3 post models out now, with the airflow changed to prevent leaking on to the top of your mod, & now the 3rd revision which is the 24&25mm 2 post version. Smok has how many TFV tanks out now? By the time you're at v4 or whatever, you've basically spent enough to buy a Kennedy. /rant

Last edited:
Reactions: Verb

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
If you're dry burning and just swapping cotton just dunk it in water like you would a normal deck and dry fire til they're clean enough and the deck is dry. Then just wick her up and vape it

That is with a protruding 510. The press-fit 3 post Kennedy 22's & 24's have a fixed 510 however it protrudes enough to be compatible with a direct to battery mod. I believe Smok tells the user not to use TFV tanks with direct to battery mods.

Also, in the whole lifetime of Kennedy atties, they've had what, 3 major revisions not including the Kennedy comp vs standard Kennedy?

The first was the v1 which was the Kennedy comp & standard Kennedy, then then 3 post models out now, with the airflow changed to prevent leaking on to the top of your mod, & now the 3rd revision which is the 24&25mm 2 post version. Smok has how many TFV tanks out now? By the time you're at v4 or whatever, you've basically spent enough to buy a Kennedy. /rant

Yes the fixed protruding copper 510 pin is the best design for my uses.

Some people just don't respect or understand good craftsmanship and innovative design.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Yes the fixed protruding copper 510 pin is the best design for my uses.

Some people just don't respect or understand good craftsmanship and innovative design.
The new pin protrudes even more, but it's semi-adjustable. I love how Kennedy even sends the good kind of hex keys along with the new 24's and 25's. Not the cheap ones that strip screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread