RDA Kennedy 24mm RDA thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
image.jpeg
Whilst waiting on the release of the 2 post Ruby and a 25mm Roundhouse, my K25 has found a home on my 30mm VCM. Doesn't exactly match, but am getting a next level vape.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
View attachment 575045 Whilst waiting on the release of the 2 post Ruby and a 25mm Roundhouse, my K25 has found a home on my 30mm VCM. Doesn't exactly match, but am getting a next level vape.
If you end up waiting too long you could always pick up a Rogue. My buddy loves his

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Well, I lost my last acrylic tip today. It's my last one because I will not buy another. Harvest moon tip on my K24. Only about ten days of use till the sides collapsed in and it was loose enough to easily fall off.
My local B&M had some really nice turned 510 acrylic tips. I had several but every one of them had the same heat induced 510 shrinkage. I swore I'd never go acrylic again. The harvest moon tips looked thick enough at the connection to avoid the issue and they were sexy. I was using a slam cap, but my builds are pretty low mass and my topcap usually never gets super hot (still way too hot to use a metal tip though).

The delrin Kennedy Fat Dragon tips do not seem to have the same problem at all. Several months of use on my Ruby and still very tight. Looks like I need to order another for my two post.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Well, I lost my last acrylic tip today. It's my last one because I will not buy another. Harvest moon tip on my K24. Only about ten days of use till the sides collapsed in and it was loose enough to easily fall off.
My local B&M had some really nice turned 510 acrylic tips. I had several but every one of them had the same heat induced 510 shrinkage. I swore I'd never go acrylic again. The harvest moon tips looked thick enough at the connection to avoid the issue and they were sexy. I was using a slam cap, but my builds are pretty low mass and my topcap usually never gets super hot (still way too hot to use a metal tip though).

The delrin Kennedy Fat Dragon tips do not seem to have the same problem at all. Several months of use on my Ruby and still very tight. Looks like I need to order another for my two post.

Don't you mean Half Moon? This is the one K24 deck I will not use my slam cap on. I may try out the Grizzly Sleeve & chubby Kupcake though.
75cfa5e1a74d2cbc62130501d8405343.jpg

I've been switching between a half moon acrylic & SS fat dragon tip on my 2 post. I haven't gotten any problems with either getting too hot & my builds generally ohm out sub .1Ω. Are you getting hot tips with the standard 3 post height cap? Or the 2 post height cap? Or is it limited to the slam cap?

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Yeah, half moon. No cap heat difference noticed between the two and three post yet. I only every get a hot tip if I use a metal tip and chain vaping. The Fat dragon and half moon have always run cool on the lips. My stainless steel slam cap is a mm or so taller than my copper super slam. Both fit the two post deck. The half moon tip was on the SS cap.

When I fit purchased a fat dragon tip I remember reading delrin in the description. I can't find that anywhere anymore.

I don't really use either standard cap. I thow them on every now and again to check out the vape, but I every time I've given it a go I prefer the tighter chamber.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Yeah, half moon. No cap heat difference noticed between the two and three post yet. I only every get a hot tip if I use a metal tip and chain vaping. The Fat dragon and half moon have always run cool on the lips. My stainless steel slam cap is a mm or so taller than my copper super slam. Both fit the two post deck. The half moon tip was on the SS cap.

When I fit purchased a fat dragon tip I remember reading delrin in the description. I can't find that anywhere anymore.

I don't really use either standard cap. I thow them on every now and again to check out the vape, but I every time I've given it a go I prefer the tighter chamber.
No doubt. I don't know if my slam cap will fit well since it's the 21mm beta cap. Most if the time I'm worried about my builds being too high on the deck that putting the fat dragon on it will be touching the builds on the inside of the cap.

Reactions: Verb

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
View attachment 586077 Definitely can recommend the Roundhouse 25. I have waited well over a year for the 2 post K25 and Roundhouse combination. Now waiting on the 2 post 25 Ruby.
I already got a roundhouse 25 in copper & a stainless Kennedy 25. Ordered them last week and got them on Monday when Kennedy was hosting their 20% off sale. I literally just built the 25mm deck, but wow this mod hits like a freight train. I got copper S/N 0018 on the mod. What's your Roundhouse 25 S/N?

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
image.jpeg
I already got a roundhouse 25 in copper & a stainless Kennedy 25. Ordered them last week and got them on Monday when Kennedy was hosting their 20% off sale. I literally just built the 25mm deck, but wow this mod hits like a freight train. I got copper S/N 0018 on the mod. What's your Roundhouse 25 S/N?

Excellent buys, how does the 2 post K25 compare to your 2 post K24.

The Roundhouse is a quality piece, I love the simplicity of the switch and the machinining and finish is everything I have come to expect from Kennedy. The device is a pleasure to use and has very little voltage drop to boot.

The airflow on the K25 is spot on, much like previous Kennedy RDAs, however creates so much more vapour, even on a light pull (maybe a negative for stealth vapers) than any RDA I have used, without feeling too airy and without any loss of flavour. Easy to build on with a huge juice well, and hasn't leaked a drop.

I have the S/N 27.

I took advantage of the 20% sale and bought the 2 post Copper K24 deck only, I have plenty of spare K24 caps as well as a 2 post Copper 25 Ruby.

I like copper, lol.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
View attachment 587577

Excellent buys, how does the 2 post K25 compare to your 2 post K24.

The Roundhouse is a quality piece, I love the simplicity of the switch and the machinining and finish is everything I have come to expect from Kennedy. The device is a pleasure to use and has very little voltage drop to boot.

The airflow on the K25 is spot on, much like previous Kennedy RDAs, however creates so much more vapour, even on a light pull (maybe a negative for stealth vapers) than any RDA I have used, without feeling too airy and without any loss of flavour. Easy to build on with a huge juice well, and hasn't leaked a drop.

I have the S/N 27.

I took advantage of the 20% sale and bought the 2 post Copper K24 deck only, I have plenty of spare K24 caps as well as a 2 post Copper 25 Ruby.

I like copper, lol.
Yeah I took advantage of the sale as well to get the 25mm combo. I got 0919 in stainless with the 25mm atty.

I was going to also pull the trigger and get a stainless 2 post 24 deck as well as a back up replacement switch for the Roundhouse and a couple more tips but I wanted to save some of my vape budget for whatever patents have been filed by companies that will slowly trickle out within the next few months.

The 24mm 2 post is just as great as the 25mm 2 post. Just a touch smaller. The post spacing is exactly the same, however I think the 25mm had 3.5mm airflow tubes instead of 3mm like on the 24. The 25mm has room for larger builds. So I'll test how that goes later on. I wish I had gotten a Ruby 25, but a bunch of my friends constantly buy and sell mods so I'll probably get a used one when ever.
Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either set up, 24mm or 25mm or the 25mm Ruby. I just wish there was a Ti Ruby 25...I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Yeah I took advantage of the sale as well to get the 25mm combo. I got 0919 in stainless with the 25mm atty.

I was going to also pull the trigger and get a stainless 2 post 24 deck as well as a back up replacement switch for the Roundhouse and a couple more tips but I wanted to save some of my vape budget for whatever patents have been filed by companies that will slowly trickle out within the next few months.

The 24mm 2 post is just as great as the 25mm 2 post. Just a touch smaller. The post spacing is exactly the same, however I think the 25mm had 3.5mm airflow tubes instead of 3mm like on the 24. The 25mm has room for larger builds. So I'll test how that goes later on. I wish I had gotten a Ruby 25, but a bunch of my friends constantly buy and sell mods so I'll probably get a used one when ever.
Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either set up, 24mm or 25mm or the 25mm Ruby. I just wish there was a Ti Ruby 25...I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Looks like Kennedy have sold a whole lot of the stainless steel K25's considering it still isn't widely available outside of a few sites.

Would love to see your build, once you have had a chance to play around with it. And totally agree with you, I (for all of 5 minutes) was considering holding back on the Ruby to see how it would pan out, however the sale enticed me. I spent this years vape budget last year, so now I am on a 2 year deficit.

Reactions: Tom Forde

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Already did. Some flaws in it but damn does she vape great.
694f016992752d80fe97969f86a3a38c.jpg

24mm & 25mm set ups
88655452438ba6b99a106475cd4de003.jpg

Build in the 25
I love how the stainless steel colors fly almost immediately while the N80 (only the ribbon) is still pretty much raw. Makes a great look to the colorings.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015

24mm & 25mm set ups

Build in the 25
I love how the stainless steel colors fly almost immediately while the N80 (only the ribbon) is still pretty much raw. Makes a great look to the colorings.

Beautiful pics thank you for sharing.

Love the look of the stainless steel 24 & 25 Kennedys on the copper 24 & 25 roundhouse. And those coils are on the next level, too cool for school.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Beautiful pics thank you for sharing.

Love the look of the stainless steel 24 & 25 Kennedys on the copper 24 & 25 roundhouse. And those coils are on the next level, too cool for school.
Thanks bro, however they're pretty basic to me. They vape great but they're full of missed staggers & errors. The 24mm set up feels super solid in the hand, but the 25mm set up feels even better.
Also, take in mind that I have the SS Superslammed cap on the 24mm.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016

24mm & 25mm set ups

Build in the 25
Gorgeous

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Thanks bro, however they're pretty basic to me. They vape great but they're full of missed staggers & errors. The 24mm set up feels super solid in the hand, but the 25mm set up feels even better.
Also, take in mind that I have the SS Superslammed cap on the 24mm.

Your coils, set ups and photographs scream quality, I seriously dig your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread