Kicked Reo Grand & 18490?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irukandji9111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
maryland
I think there is going to have to be modding done to the grand, besides just removing the anodizing, to get it to work properly....just my own speculation

I already ordered AW IMR 18490s and 18350s three weeks ago, only waiting for the Kick to come out.
Eeeeeeeh and the metal 18490 of course and the Grand VV.
Don´t,,,,,,,know,,,,,,,if,,,,,,,,,I,,,,,,,,can,,,,,,,,wait,,,,,,any,,,,,,,longer.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
If my math is correct, it would max out at 3.88 volts on a 1.5 atty....not that impressive when you figure you could get a fairly good amount of vape time at 4ish volts on an IMR cell without the unit...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, which I very well could be as I don't know much about these things, but I thought the Kick employs some sort of boosting circuit that will pump out more voltage than the battery's native limit.

Again, I'm grasping at straws here and someone more knowledgable should probably chime in and point out my stupidity.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Well it will boost the voltage more on higher ohm attys. But it does have a 10 amp "safety" feature if I recall correctly. I'll check the math but maxing out at 3.8v for a 1.5 ohm sounds plausible.

But what it's evolv is known for os giving you the same vape on a 2.5 ohm as a 1.5 ohm for example without changing the setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ufo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2009
Rome - italy
The only problem with the kick is the watt limitation. .
Already using, for example, 2x tenergy 3.2v and atom of 3 ohms, you have 6.4 x 6,4/3 = 13.65 watts. (and even more, if one considers that the a freshly charged batt, are about 3.8 to v) The Kick reaches a maximum of 10 watts, which is too few.
Then for my habits, I just have to avoid it: I Vape from 13-14w and up:vapor:

trogg78

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Cincinnati
The only problem with the kick is the watt limitation. .
Already using, for example, 2x tenergy 3.2v and atom of 3 ohms, you have 6.4 x 6,4/3 = 13.65 watts. (and even more, if one considers that the a freshly charged batt, are about 3.8 to v) The Kick reaches a maximum of 10 watts, which is too few.
Then for my habits, I just have to avoid it: I Vape from 13-14w and up:vapor:

Not Really. Your probably getting more like 5.8 volts loaded. Which comes to around 11 watts.

ETA: I just tested my REO with stacked AW 3.2 cells. Unloaded its at 6.7 volts. When I put on a 3 ohm cisco atomizer the loaded voltage is 5.9 volts.

At 6.4 volts unloaded your probably getting 5.6 volts loaded which is just under 10.5 watts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread