Killer clone combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
Honestly, I'll be damned if I can tell any significant difference between the high end mech mods or why they should differ in performance. And given their complexity (or lack thereof), why they should could cost as much as they do. If China can clone them and retailers only want $50 a pop, clearly there are some supply and demand (artificial scarcity), exclusivity and illusion of value issues going on that simple mods can command $200-300. I don't want to hear the "work of art" argument either. A metal tube with an engraving or two is not art. My iTaste 134 has more design work than most of these mech mods. That being said, I do like them even though I'm only willing to spend about $50 on one.

Now that I've made a lot of people get butthurt, I don't want to hear justifications for their purchases. I just want to hear what mod clone and rda (clone) combo you think is best. I'm not looking for a tank style like a Genesis or kayfun/Russian/Taifun. Mechanical simplicity and raw performance is what I'm after.

Nemesis clone with a Trident? Caravella with a Nimbus? King with an Immortalizer?

As with the mech mods, I don't see any reason for simple rebuildable drippers to cost anywhere near as much as they do, because clearly the Chinese replicas don't.

Last edited:

Peppie

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
Bonney Lake Wa, US of A
Not going to get into the clone mod thing.... but my chi you brass by Hcigar is my every day work mod!

As for drippers. A dripper is a dripper is a dripper..... But the REAL IMMORTALIZER is THE DRIPPER

And I have tried a bunch of them. Clones to highend

If I knew then what I know now. I would have never bought a china dripper and would have had enough money to buy another Immortalizer.
It sets on top of my everyday work mod

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
At the speed that China is pumping out 1:1 clones, sometimes I question how many of the so call "high-end" mods are actually made in China in the first place. Oh well, as to your question, my vote goes to the Neme+magnets and pair it with trident if you're a cloud chaser or immo if you're a flavor junkie. Then again, Origin clone is just around the corner and perhaps a aqua clone well soon follow... :unsure:

Last edited:

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a two-tone Nemesis clone with the gold-plated Trident - blingy and gorgeous - but my favorite set up in terms of performance is the Chi You clone with a real Nimbus. The Nimbus clone is probably just as good as the real one; I just happen to have the real one. I prefer it over the Trident - probably just because it's so much easier to get the top cap on and off :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
To REAAAAALY drive home the butthurt :D

vWQRc65_zpsda31898a.jpg

P.S. We have attracted "the EYE"

Provarinati4c_zps798377bc.png

Last edited:

Camaroboi13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
San Bernardino, CA, USA
I rock an iChybrid (iHybrid clone) and love it to death. The mod bug hit me this week though. On Thursday I have a nemesis clone in silver and a chi you stainless/gold accents coming in the mail, as well as a gold nimbus top coming in the mail. Still looking at what I want to put on top of the nemesis...I want another genny or something similar and I'm torn! That AIOS in the above pic looks like it would fit well on the nemesis though! ;-)

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread