Killer clone combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
$32 combo for the win....0.16V drop with a 1.0Ω coil and Samsung INR18650-20R.

ProductUnit PriceQTYTotal
Sentinel M16 Telescopic Mechanical Mod
M16, Brass
SKU 1425200: In stock
$16.22 $16.22 Remove
Trident 24K Gold Plated Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer(RDA)
Trident, Gold
SKU 1436802: Ships in 7 business days
$16.55 $16.55 Remove
Shipping:

Total:

Estimated Shipping Date:
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

$32.77

11/28/2013
I have a gold trident clone. I believe its gold plated brass. In the future I don't wan't AFC. I prefer to drill hole(s) to taste over fiddling w/ tight AFC.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
nemesis clone / IGO-W clone / CMDT clone
PFr6mKc.jpg

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
I have a gold trident clone. I believe its gold plated brass. In the future I don't wan't AFC. I prefer to drill hole(s) to taste over fiddling w/ tight AFC.

I agree. I did drill the holes on my trident clone because of the 4 single coil holes: the largest is very loose, next down was slightly too tight, and the 2 smallest were worthless. So I drilled the first 3 to: slightly tight (1/16), just right (#50), and slightly loose (5/64). I find my self switching holes depending on the mood.

Exile

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Dallas,Tx

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I agree. I did drill the holes on my trident clone because of the 4 single coil holes: the largest is very loose, next down was slightly too tight, and the 2 smallest were worthless. So I drilled the first 3 to: slightly tight (1/16), just right (#50), and slightly loose (5/64). I find my self switching holes depending on the mood.

I set my Trident clone up for the first time yesterday. 2 micro coils at about 1.3 ohms each with cotton. It's been a great vape on a KTS or a K100 and looks OK on both. I'm still working with the stock double holes and don't really mind the airy draw, but I think a trip to the drill press is in order too.

MahdiMuh

ECF Veteran
Honestly, I'll be damned if I can tell any significant difference between the high end mech mods or why they should differ in performance. And given their complexity (or lack thereof), why they should could cost as much as they do. If China can clone them and retailers only want $50 a pop, clearly there are some supply and demand (artificial scarcity), exclusivity and illusion of value issues going on that simple mods can command $200-300. I don't want to hear the "work of art" argument either. A metal tube with an engraving or two is not art. My iTaste 134 has more design work than most of these mech mods. That being said, I do like them even though I'm only willing to spend about $50 on one.

Now that I've made a lot of people get butthurt, I don't want to hear justifications for their purchases. I just want to hear what mod clone and RDA (clone) combo you think is best. I'm not looking for a tank style like a Genesis or Kayfun/Russian/Taifun. Mechanical simplicity and raw performance is what I'm after.

Nemesis clone with a Trident? Caravella with a Nimbus? King with an Immortalizer?

As with the mech mods, I don't see any reason for simple rebuildable drippers to cost anywhere near as much as they do, because clearly the Chinese replicas don't.

Texans

*Rolls Eyes*

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I set my Trident clone up for the first time yesterday. 2 micro coils at about 1.3 ohms each with cotton. It's been a great vape on a KTS or a K100 and looks OK on both. I'm still working with the stock double holes and don't really mind the airy draw, but I think a trip to the drill press is in order too.

I've about had it w/ the Trident tight lung pull draw. I'm headed to the drill press also. The stock China holes are out of alignment so it will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread