kinda digging the silica!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
Since I'm late to the game I never used silica wicks. By the time I did research I only saw cotton for rebuildables and have been using it exclusively.

Over the past few months I've explored a number of counterfeit, clone and authentic RDA's and RTA's. I've got quite the collection of o rings, screws, miniature blue screwdrivers and lengths of silica wick.

I tried wrapping silica but was unhappy with the result. I then saw a post on here that showed how to thread it through coils by attaching wire to it and drawing it through. Out of curiosity I gave it a try in my tugboat RDA.

I like it, a lot! Doesn't seem to have that weird taste I get from new cotton wicks. I like that it doesn't burn, don't have to be so consciousness of your juice level. It really wicks just as well, if not better, slurping up every last drop of juice. I tried it in my Russian and it works just fine but doesn't seem to be an upgrade so will stick with cotton but in my dripper...I dig it!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I think I'm going to give silica another shot , I'm on cotton since a while .
When you want to change flavor using silica you just need to rinse under water the silica wick, right?

Rinse it and dab it with a paper towel to dry as much as possible, dry burn a touch and vape.

I like the durability of the silica and ecowool, and I've always torched it red hot before coiling to remove any possible impurities, and the taste is neutral from the first puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread