Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
if they had thumbs, we'd all be in trouble! :blink:

My black cat (the pipe cleaner cat) has 6 toes on each of his front paws, and he uses that extra toe as a thumb. He will grab hold of things and use that extra toe to hold on. If I made up little cat tools, I think he would build his own escape device.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
so far no one thought about eating them yet, they're too fascinated by the pick up, drop, bounce, pick up, drop, bounce, rinse, lather, repeat, bat and scat. i'm afraid to move the bookcase, everything ends up under there! Too scary!

One of our kitties used to play with foam earplugs, he was so cute & funny to watch with them. He'd pick one up, put it at the top of the stairs and then play with it all the way down. Pick it up, go back upstairs, start again. Unfortunately it turned out he ate one, $1200 operation on 4 month old kitty, he still has the scar. Needless to say I have to be scrupulous with condom disposal.

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
I had a cat who could open the freezer door...which he frequently did to make off with the bags of frozen peas (his favorite) and the Stoffers lasagne, spaghetti, etc., etc. :) Anything with meat was fair game...no vegetables (except for the peas)! What made it worse...he knew how to close the door just so it would drive me nuts trying to remember when I used the peas or whatever he had absconded with :p It wasn't until I had a cabinet replaced that we discovered his "cache" behind it!! He'd licked everything so clean that there was never a smell or bug problem ;)

RiaCricket

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2011
Long Island, NY
Yep, hundreds of bucks' worth of cat toys & they make them up as they go along. LOL Not only do mine run off with the condoms but they LOVE what I've done to paperclips! While I love my dogs & birds, I think cats are the smartest; all they need to do is make us laugh and they get away with anything!

BTW, there is something in green olives that make them high. I don't remember exactly what it is, but one of mine is an absolute olive junkie. He rolls all over them!

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
I have 5 cats that have finally figured out where I keep them. All 5 know how to open drawers and doors. One morning I had about 50 of them all over the kitchen floor. Cats were having a hay day! All I could do was shake my head and laugh. They will also get on my counter to get in the cabinet that I keep straws in.
Condoms, straws, pipe cleaners....cheap entertainment...for me and the cats.

Straws! mine like the ones from McD's the best...I always grape a few extra when we're by there.

One of our kitties used to play with foam earplugs, he was so cute & funny to watch with them. He'd pick one up, put it at the top of the stairs and then play with it all the way down. Pick it up, go back upstairs, start again. Unfortunately it turned out he ate one, $1200 operation on 4 month old kitty, he still has the scar. Needless to say I have to be scrupulous with condom disposal.

oh no! poor little baby! yeah my husband works where he has to wear them so he brings them home for old grumpy .... all the time. I had to make him start getting the ones that have a stretchy string thing attached to them just for this reason!

So true..... all the cat toys in the world, and a silly plastic thing makes them crazy. My cats also like to get Q-tips out of the bathroom trash can. I find them in the weirdest places. Yuck!

Yep, yep and yep! My oldest is the straw, ear plug and q-tip bandit. He also ate a hair ribbon one time...now that was interesting:blink: Kinda like a bead on a string except it was kitty on a string.:facepalm: It's my son's new little Princess who can open stuff and find the toys, and she loved the condom I gave her today. Gonna have to make sure I hide and have them accounted for though we can NOT afford a $1200 mishap:blink:

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Yep, Q-tips & those pull thingies from milk containers. Nothing seems to beat a bit of rolled up aluminum foil to keep them entertained fro hours. Or a piece of drinking straw tied in a knot.

Aluminum foil? really? mine are terrified of that stuff, they all run for the hills if I even go near the drawer it's kept in!

RiaCricket

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2011
Long Island, NY
Aluminum foil? really? mine are terrified of that stuff, they all run for the hills if I even go near the drawer it's kept in!

As a sheet, they hate it! As a little ball, totally different story. Try it, they'll love it. All 5 of mine go crazy when I start tossing them.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
As a sheet, they hate it! As a little ball, totally different story. Try it, they'll love it. All 5 of mine go crazy when I start tossing them.

I'll definitely give it a try!

Just got reminded about their favorite toy...my 2 boys successfully brought down a killer moth! Gross but helpful.

:lol: oh yes moths! Church LOVES moths! we always know when he has found one cause instead of a milk mustache he gets a moth'stache...kinda looks like he's been doing a line of ....... with all the moth dust he gets on him trying to eat'em. we've also been getting these things my husband calls Devil Crickets? They look like a cross between crickets and spiders, nasty, nasty things they are! Princes Flossy likes to sit in the bath tub until one comes up the drain...then she pulls one leg at a time off:blink: If I happen across one I go find her just to watch...can you tell I hate those things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread