The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kitties Partied All Night

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by biidaaban, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Stevew443

Stevew443 Super Member ECF Veteran

My black cat (the pipe cleaner cat) has 6 toes on each of his front paws, and he uses that extra toe as a thumb. He will grab hold of things and use that extra toe to hold on. If I made up little cat tools, I think he would build his own escape device.

2. katz-in-boots

katz-in-boots Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2011
    Under Down Under
    One of our kitties used to play with foam earplugs, he was so cute & funny to watch with them. He'd pick one up, put it at the top of the stairs and then play with it all the way down. Pick it up, go back upstairs, start again. Unfortunately it turned out he ate one, $1200 operation on 4 month old kitty, he still has the scar. Needless to say I have to be scrupulous with condom disposal.

3. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    LOL....I have 2 cats (sisters) that do have thumbs. Cracks me up how they can pick stuff up.

4. EleanorR

EleanorR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    Brilliant kitty!

5. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Steve ask the "Pep Boys" on the comercial they have tiny little tools!

6. Stevew443

Stevew443 Super Member ECF Veteran

I fear what Rocky would do with those tools if I got them for him. He might end up creating the monstor mod of all times.

7. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Or maybe a better mouse trap!

8. teslastick

teslastick Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    OR
    Maybe they are addicted to the nicotine residue?

Be careful else the ASPCA will come knocking for contributing to the delinquency of a feline.

9. Kanza

Kanza Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2011
    Wilmette, IL
    I had a cat who could open the freezer door...which he frequently did to make off with the bags of frozen peas (his favorite) and the Stoffers lasagne, spaghetti, etc., etc. :) Anything with meat was fair game...no vegetables (except for the peas)! What made it worse...he knew how to close the door just so it would drive me nuts trying to remember when I used the peas or whatever he had absconded with :p It wasn't until I had a cabinet replaced that we discovered his "cache" behind it!! He'd licked everything so clean that there was never a smell or bug problem ;)

10. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    I had a dog (Akita) that would turn the door handle in the spare bedroom. I had a mama cat and 3 kittens in there. KiKi thought it was his duty to wash the kittens much to the mama's distress..she had to dry the kittens! I yelled at my kids for leaving the door open..until we hid and watched the dog do it!

11. RiaCricket

RiaCricket Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Yep, hundreds of bucks' worth of cat toys & they make them up as they go along. LOL Not only do mine run off with the condoms but they LOVE what I've done to paperclips! While I love my dogs & birds, I think cats are the smartest; all they need to do is make us laugh and they get away with anything!

BTW, there is something in green olives that make them high. I don't remember exactly what it is, but one of mine is an absolute olive junkie. He rolls all over them!

12. Lisa66

Lisa66 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Florida
    So true..... all the cat toys in the world, and a silly plastic thing makes them crazy. My cats also like to get Q-tips out of the bathroom trash can. I find them in the weirdest places. Yuck!

13. RiaCricket

Feb 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Yep, Q-tips & those pull thingies from milk containers. Nothing seems to beat a bit of rolled up aluminum foil to keep them entertained fro hours. Or a piece of drinking straw tied in a knot.

14. Amy the Addicted Nurse

Amy the Addicted Nurse Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2011
    Upstate, SC
    Straws! mine like the ones from McD's the best...I always grape a few extra when we're by there.

oh no! poor little baby! yeah my husband works where he has to wear them so he brings them home for old grumpy butt all the time. I had to make him start getting the ones that have a stretchy string thing attached to them just for this reason!

Yep, yep and yep! My oldest is the straw, ear plug and q-tip bandit. He also ate a hair ribbon one time...now that was interesting:blink: Kinda like a bead on a string except it was kitty on a string.:facepalm: It's my son's new little Princess who can open stuff and find the toys, and she loved the condom I gave her today. Gonna have to make sure I hide and have them accounted for though we can NOT afford a $1200 mishap:blink:

15. Amy the Addicted Nurse

Apr 7, 2011
    Upstate, SC
    Aluminum foil? really? mine are terrified of that stuff, they all run for the hills if I even go near the drawer it's kept in!

16. Chingas

Chingas Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2010
    Billings, MT
    Pipettes are great cat toys. Mine loves to play fetch with them until the time comes that she just chews up the bulb. I need to find a scheap supply of them, kitty is almost out.

17. RiaCricket

Feb 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    As a sheet, they hate it! As a little ball, totally different story. Try it, they'll love it. All 5 of mine go crazy when I start tossing them.

18. Kanza

Kanza Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2011
    Wilmette, IL
    Kinda like kids...buy 'em toys and they play with the boxes :p

19. RiaCricket

Feb 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Just got reminded about their favorite toy...my 2 boys successfully brought down a killer moth! Gross but helpful.

20. Amy the Addicted Nurse

Apr 7, 2011
    Upstate, SC
    I'll definitely give it a try!

:lol: oh yes moths! Church LOVES moths! we always know when he has found one cause instead of a milk mustache he gets a moth'stache...kinda looks like he's been doing a line of ....... with all the moth dust he gets on him trying to eat'em. we've also been getting these things my husband calls Devil Crickets? They look like a cross between crickets and spiders, nasty, nasty things they are! Princes Flossy likes to sit in the bath tub until one comes up the drain...then she pulls one leg at a time off:blink: If I happen across one I go find her just to watch...can you tell I hate those things!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.