Kitties Partied All Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Devil Crickets? Eeewww! I hate all creepy crawlers. Cats do make the best exterminators & unlike husbands, they never laugh at you.

yeah tell me about it, gross, gross gross! I have never seen these things until recently so I had to google them. They're actually called Camel Crickets and Sewer Crickets YUK! Will be letting Princess Flossy pull the legs off all she/I can find!

RiaCricket

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2011
Long Island, NY

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
I'm about ready to hit myself in the head with a bat! I hate insomnia but it sure loves me.

oh how well I know your pain! Yesterday I took 2 sleeping pills and a few muscle relaxers determined to get some good sold sleep...just as I finally dozed off what did the hubs do? woke me up to ask a very unimportant question :evil: he was forewarned NOT to wake me up today...that hell hath no fury thing ya know!

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Yep, I know. Sometimes 25 to life seems almost worth it! Mine is very lucky I hate mowing the lawn. :p

that's funny cause I actually told him today that the death penalty didn't seem too bad after what he woke me up for. 25 to life would be good too cause between him, the kid and the cats I never get a moment of silence...and momma needs her silence! it's the only reason I keep my 3rd shift job...the only noise I hear all night is a ventilator and after a while it's like white noise you don't even hear it. There are weeks when everybody's so happy it's the weekend cause they're off work...me I can't wait to get TO work.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Aluminum foil? really? mine are terrified of that stuff, they all run for the hills if I even go near the drawer it's kept in!

Shall I be the one to point out the elephant in the room here? By aluminium foil, let's face it, most of us mean the stuff out of cigarette packets. Cats love playing with that stuff. Real alfoil they don't like so much - especially not walking on it. It is a good way to keep a cat away, placing sheets of aluminium foil on the surface.

Love your avatar Amy!

biidaaban

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
MN
LOL....I have 2 cats (sisters) that do have thumbs. Cracks me up how they can pick stuff up.

from what i understand, the thumbs (polydactyl) run in the family. Our latest adoptee, Billy came from a rescue group called S.M.A.R.T. and they said they had a mama who was polydactyl with with about 1/2 of her litter with extra toes.

Mookelboo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Beds, UK
I've read through this thread going OMG, Mine Too!! Does anyone remember old tennis socks, the ones with the pom-poms on the backs of them? Well, I had a pair with monkey heads on the back. Somehow Einstein got into the laundry and chewed one off, then I cut off the other (because you can't just walk around with one monkey-head pom-pom on your socks) and gave it to him. This was YEARS ago and I STILL find one of them in my bed from time to time. He's also chewed the regular pom-poms off as well. Started buying his own at the local craft store which he will walk around the house crying to until he stashes them somewhere. $1.69 + tax for 45 cat toys... brilliant.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
I've read through this thread going OMG, Mine Too!! Does anyone remember old tennis socks, the ones with the pom-poms on the backs of them? Well, I had a pair with monkey heads on the back. Somehow Einstein got into the laundry and chewed one off, then I cut off the other (because you can't just walk around with one monkey-head pom-pom on your socks) and gave it to him. This was YEARS ago and I STILL find one of them in my bed from time to time. He's also chewed the regular pom-poms off as well. Started buying his own at the local craft store which he will walk around the house crying to until he stashes them somewhere. $1.69 + tax for 45 cat toys... brilliant.

We had one cat who dearly loved those pom-poms. We finally gave up and bought just the pom-poms for him to play with. When we moved from that house, we found pom-poms in every room, in every piece of furniture, behind every table and chair. We have been out of that house for 22 years now and I am willing to bet the new owners are still finding pom-poms.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
My wife just called me and told me that our black 6 toed cat was making a little extra noise tonight in the kitchen and dining room. We don't think much of a little extra noise, so my wife kept reading. Well, Rocky came trotting into the family room and jumped on my wife's lap and dropped something on her lap. He does this frequently when he wants to play and will drop his toys into our laps. My wife looked down to see what he wanted to play with and sees that Rocky had just dropped a dead mouse in her lap. She kind of freaks and takes the mouse by the tail and throws it outside.
That's my boy!!!!:thumb:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
My wife just called me and told me that our black 6 toed cat was making a little extra noise tonight in the kitchen and dining room. We don't think much of a little extra noise, so my wife kept reading. Well, Rocky came trotting into the family room and jumped on my wife's lap and dropped something on her lap. He does this frequently when he wants to play and will drop his toys into our laps. My wife looked down to see what he wanted to play with and sees that Rocky had just dropped a dead mouse in her lap. She kind of freaks and takes the mouse by the tail and throws it outside.
That's my boy!!!!:thumb:
:ohmy:8-o8-o8-o:ohmy: OMG....I woulda screamed !! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
:ohmy:8-o8-o8-o:ohmy: OMG....I woulda screamed !! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I am certain that she did scream, but she would never admit to that. By just saying that she tossed him out the door she can appear to be the strong one... instead of sitting there with it on her lap waiting for me to come home from work 2 hours later to toss it out for her.
My wife is one of the good ones. Best wife I could ever have gotten (we just celebrated our 37th last Tuesday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread