Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
OK, nothing we can do then. That's what I received.

Are the missing words just random or could they be product names?

Actually as it's a docx I think the history of the doc is in the hidden metadata. A forensic data analyst could probably retrieve it. But I'm not going to get into that.

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
It's just that at the end of each line there's a word or two cut off unless sentence is short enough and ends before it continues on to next line. Sometimes I see a line starting with "xxxx)" but I don't see any "(xxx" in previous line. Sometimes a sentence doesn't make sense without the missing word. I haven't read through the whole thing but half or more are still guessable though.

azzaman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
The tobacco industry is a bunch of corrupt money pigs, as we are all probably aware. Watched this doco recently and it reminded me of this thread. It wouldn't suprise me if this was indirectly supported by the tobacco industry.

The link is The Tobacco Conspiracy | Watch Free Documentary Online well worth watching. I will never go back to tobacco.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
The tobacco industry is a bunch of corrupt money pigs, as we are all probably aware. Watched this doco recently and it reminded me of this thread. It wouldn't suprise me if this was indirectly supported by the tobacco industry.

While nobody with any sense is going to argue about the tobacco industry being a bunch of ****ers, I have to say that it's extremely unlikely that they have anything to do with this.

The villians in this particular movie tend to be the pharma companies, their lackies in the public health "charities," and the cigarette(tax) addicted governments that they regulate. Ummm. I meant that regulate them. Ummm. No. I meant....oh, never mind.

Best,
Ande

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
And may I point out that the people working for tobacco companies today are not the same people that were running things back in the bad old days.

I had occasion to hear a speech made by a VP from Star Scientific, the company that makes the dissolvable tobacco "orbs" Ariva and Stonewall. She said that when the company was first spun off from Altria, their objective was to come up with a way to make cigarettes that were not as deadly. A couple of years into their research, they abandoned the idea, because they determined that there was no way to make a combusted product safer. It's the smoke, not the tobacco per se, that presents the health risks. So that's when they began researching smoke-free alternatives and ended up inventing orbs.

Even RJ Reynolds has begun to reconsider their ads recommending that their smokeless products be used as a temporary stop-gap for smoke-free venues and is now promoting the idea that smokers might consider switching completely to a smoke-free alternative such as Camel snus. This switching is a concept known as Tobacco Harm Reduction. (THR)

The practice of THR is based on the knowledge that some people will never be able to completely give up using nicotine. Changing the nicotine delivery mechanism to something other than smoking reduces health risks by up to 99%. Alternatives can include smokeless tobacco such as snuff or snus, e-cigarettes, and even pharmaceutical nicotine products like the patch, gum, and lozenges (NRTs). For THR, the NRTs would be used indefinitely, instead of as a nicotine-weaning method.

For more information see these sites:
Casaa.org - Harm Reduction
FAQ: Menu:Tobaccoharmreduction.org
For Smokers Only

Although e-cigarettes are the method that finally allowed me to escape from smoking, they don't do the trick for everyone. On ECF we learned that there are people who finally managed to escape when they switched to snus. Dissolvable tobacco products are doing the trick for others. The Stonewall orbs provide as much nicotine as a Nicorette lozenge but cost considerably less.

So while I empathize with the animosity felt toward tobacco companies for withholding the truth, ironically now they are the ones telling the truth and its the anti-tobacco people telling lies. Let's not throw out the baby with the bath-water, because now tobacco companies are making some products that could save the lives of smokers. It remains to be seen whether the government will allow these products to continue to be sold.

nopatch

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2011
India
On the Korean news they mentioned they tested cartridges, and I wondered why they said 'cartdridges' instead of 'eksang(Korean name for eliquid)' which is widely used and also mentioned in other parts of the same report. Now I'm thinking maybe they in fact did test the eliquids in prefilled cartridges, and we all know those don't taste right. Maybe those were where Pthalates came from?

Some of the chinese cartridges are made of cheap plastic.I think you may be right that the Phalates came from the cartridge material.And yes, they taste awful.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Please note that despite repeated allegations by environmental extremists, there is no scientific evidence indicating that pthalates pose any health risks to humans (or rodents).

The American Council on Science and Health (ACSH) issued a report on phthalates at
Blue Ribbon Panel Report on Plasticizers > Health Issues > ACSH

ACSH just issued a critique about a hospital system in the US that recently decided to not purchase products containing phthalates at
“Green” medical devices: ideology, not science > Facts & Fears > ACSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread