• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies who rebuild....

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctadrea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Maui
I'm pretty new to vaping (2 months) but I don't like disposable anything.
I rolled my own cigarettes for almost as long as I smoked, so a little extra effort is no biggie for me.
Also, wick and wire is dirt cheap for enough to last me forever. Also, diy juice... I should be set for at least a year, and spent less than I would on rolling tobacco (already cheap) in a month. So when the zombies come, I won't have to worry about where to buy a new clearomizer. :D

dedi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Rochester NY
Allright Ladies!!!!! You all inspired me! I just did my very first rebuild on IgoL (wish I had gotton the one with holes in screws) I did 5 wraps with 32 kanthal 1.7 (was shooting for 1.5 to 2.0) Tried some boiled several times cotton gauze for wick. Getting a slight popping but no splashing but pretty darn good. I did use Hawk Sauce since I really don't care for it and incase I screwed up. Lol, it's not bad :)

dedi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Rochester NY
Dedi you are braver than I! I will do rebuilds.....someday soon I hope, but you are awesome for actually doing it!!!

sent from an undisclosed location on a secret device.

Thx Chapel! Took me long enough.............look at join date! lolol I started vaping the month before!!!!!!!!! (I had to think it over for a while...........)

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hey Sweetab & friends! I love to build but unfortunately I can't due to a broken wrist at the moment. My first build was on an Igo-L. I mainly learned from watching videos on YouTube or over on Phil Bursado's tasteyourjuice.com site. I also have a couple of friends here that helped walked me through as well. That place also lured me into spending lots of money on juice. What can I say...his reviews are spot on:laugh: Now I have a couple of different rebuildables including a Russian 91%. I never expected vaping & all of the things within it to become a hobby for me but it's been just over a year & I'm still having fun & learning all kinds of things. Can't wait til I can get back to it again.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    After having a fit with both the carto tank and the clearos I got with my first PV, I threw then all in the trash and ordered an RBA, mesh, and wire. The art of building, to me, seemed worlds better than dealing with leaky, plastic equipment.

Started building with an AGA-t2, and a couple pre-built SS wicks so I could get coiling down. Then I began working on making wicks myself. It's been 10 months!! Build about a wick a month and a coil a week :D

They're an excellent vape and a big money saver. And as long as their upright they have NO leaks :D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweetab

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Good information...and even better, it'll be easy to find when i need it.

I bet the videos will be really helpful for Sweetab too :)

Thank you for the videos! It is so much easier, when you see the process! I ordered my first RBA! It is a very beginner device. The Vision Eternity. Waiting for it to arrive!

Sweetab

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Hey Sweetab & friends! I love to build but unfortunately I can't due to a broken wrist at the moment. My first build was on an Igo-L. I mainly learned from watching videos on YouTube or over on Phil Bursado's tasteyourjuice.com site. I also have a couple of friends here that helped walked me through as well. That place also lured me into spending lots of money on juice. What can I say...his reviews are spot on:laugh: Now I have a couple of different rebuildables including a Russian 91%. I never expected vaping & all of the things within it to become a hobby for me but it's been just over a year & I'm still having fun & learning all kinds of things. Can't wait til I can get back to it again.
    Hope you heal soon!

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Southeast Texas
    I just stumbled into this thread :) I will be receiving my first Sophia on Monday or Tuesday. And will be learning how to rebuild her. I am just so darn excited! The Sophia goes into tanks, such as the DBase tank, IBTankeds, SnP tanks and so on. I have done much reading up on The Sophia and know for a facct that this will be exactly what ive been searching for :)

VanessaHuxtable

Sep 27, 2013
    USA
    Joining in on this conversation because I recently started rebuilding a little over a month ago.

I started rebuilding my Protanks at first and once I got good at that I began to realize how better my vape was getting. I'll never go back to factory heads. After about 3 weeks I purchased a Kayfun RBA and a Trident RDA... then it was all downhill for my wallet from there as you can see by the pic below. Learning how to rebuild the equipment I already helped a lot.

There was a learning curve, I practiced everyday for about a week before I was able to build something vapable. Now I can rebuild any of my RBA's in a few minutes. YouTube videos helped a TON. As well as gathering knowledge of all of the mechanics of a APV.

Below is a family photo I took today. It's my vaping journey from when I first started 5 months ago to today in the order in which I got everything. I love my mech mods and I love rebuilding.

View attachment 300668
    From left to right: V2 cigalike with a Halo Cartomizer, Halo Triton VV with Halo Tank, iTaste MVP 2.0 with Kanger Protank 2, iTaste VV/VW with Kanger Mini Protank, Nemesis clone (18350) with Kayfun/Russian clone, Atmizoo Roller (18350) with Aqua clone, KTS clone (18490) with Trident clone.

TLDR: Rebuilding isn't difficult if you are the type who doesn't mind tinkering, but there is a learning curve. Keep at it and it will be well worth it!

DeeMcG

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 2, 2012
    Rockwall, TX
    I started with an AGA-T and mesh. I watched videos and did a lot of reading here to learn how to do it. Now, I do micro/cotton on Kayfuns. I started rebuilding to chase taste. I keep clearos around for work and on the go. I have had many mechs, but in the end I prefer having a screen to tell me battery voltage and ohms. I keep a couple around just in case. I wish I had a Sophia!

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Southeast Texas
    Post how you make out with it when you receive it and start using?

I mad my first coil ever to go on my first Sophia ever and it is amazing. Not only am I obsessed with the Sophia, now I will be obsessed with making coils. So very easy and so very economical at the same time. There is no turning back now :). I couldn't be any happier to be honest :)

I started with an AGA-T and mesh. I watched videos and did a lot of reading here to learn how to do it. Now, I do micro/cotton on Kayfuns. I started rebuilding to chase taste. I keep clearos around for work and on the go. I have had many mechs, but in the end I prefer having a screen to tell me battery voltage and ohms. I keep a couple around just in case. I wish I had a Sophia!

Save up for The Sophia Dee, you will mot be disappointed. I can't even express how perfect The Sophia is for me. I have one in my possession right now but come the beginning of next week, I will have 6 complete Sophia set ups :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread