• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies who rebuild....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Rochester NY
I mad my first coil ever to go on my first Sophia ever and it is amazing. Not only am I obsessed with the Sophia, now I will be obsessed with making coils. So very easy and so very economical at the same time. There is no turning back now :). I couldn't be any happier to be honest :)

Save up for The Sophia Dee, you will mot be disappointed. I can't even express how perfect The Sophia is for me. I have one in my possession right now but come the beginning of next week, I will have 6 complete Sophia set ups :)

Awesome! I am glad to hear the update! WOW! six??????????? You go girl!

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I just wanted to share one of my builds that I've done, couldn't be happier :)
IMAG0567.jpg IMAG0569.jpg IMAG0570.jpg IMAG0576.jpg IMAG0580.jpg

dedi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Rochester NY
Sweet, I am not quite sure of the definition but most if not all use a vertical SS mesh for the wick instead of silica, cotton, hemp ect. The wire is then coiled around the wick mesh and attached to the post. The small sheet of mesh is first rolled and oxidized to prevent shorts since it is metal. The size of the mesh needs to coincide with thickness of juice b/c of wicking ability. They can be drippers or tanks. They usually have a very airy draw but can be adjusted. If you want cooler or hotter vape you can adjust number of coils around the SS mesh. That's about all I know about that (F. Gump:) though there are other's that may come along with REAL experience, I have never built one. I have materials to try but never decided which one to try :)

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
Sweet, I am not quite sure of the definition but most if not all use a vertical SS mesh for the wick instead of silica, cotton, hemp ect. The wire is then coiled around the wick mesh and attached to the post. The small sheet of mesh is first rolled and oxidized to prevent shorts since it is metal. The size of the mesh needs to coincide with thickness of juice b/c of wicking ability. They can be drippers or tanks. They usually have a very airy draw but can be adjusted. If you want cooler or hotter vape you can adjust number of coils around the SS mesh. That's about all I know about that (F. Gump:) though there are other's that may come along with REAL experience, I have never built one. I have materials to try but never decided which one to try :)

Thank you so much for the information! I just bought my first Kayfun, and an Igo-W !

If you have a brick and mortar near you, see what they have.

Hahaha..... The B&M's near me are idiots! We went in for replacement cartos last week, to 2 diff places asked for replacement cartomizers/cartos for a tank and both stores reached us T3S clearomizers! If its not juice, clearomizers, protank heads, or ego battery's they don't have it and don't know what it is. And even their juice selection is slim.... One store carries all house brand, the other store carries Villain Vapors, uncle junks, and their house blend.... They used to carry halo but have stopped now. We do have a totally wicked tho, but they don't carry kayfuns or anything like that. Mostly just their brand.... Which im not crazy about!
I'm going to the big vape convention down here in Tampa the 22nd so maybe ill find something there. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chapeltown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
Hello Ladies....

Been a while since I have posted here. So glad that so many of you ladies are having good success rebuilding!

I am trying to master rebuilding protank heads. It is not nearly as easy as it looks, but I keep trying. I did a resistance "study" a week and a half ago using 28 gauge, and found I wasn't going to be able to get to where I needed to go with that....so I ordered some 30 and 31 and finally got that in over the weekend.

I have been working with the 30g this morning and am finding that I am lacking consistency. I am using a 1/16 drill bit that I buried into a fat dowel, and have wrapped six times with various results.

So.... on a 1/16 drill bit, using 30g Kanthal, I have gotten:
6 wraps= 1.74 ohms
7 wraps=1.64 ohms
5 wraps= 1.19 ohms
9 wraps= 2.05 ohms
8 wraps= 1.64 ohms
6 wraps= 1.35 ohms
8 wraps= 1.68 ohms.
......see why I am frustrated? closest to consistent is the 8 wrap, but the first 6 wrap was nearly exactly what I was looking for! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread