Mini-pipe, Second Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
Rexa and Lu...Isn't your cart material glued down? Mine is. When I took one of my cart material out using tweezers... I noticed that it was glued down. Now when I put it back in the cart and start to vape...it keeps sliding out and sticking to the atomizer.

Depends on your carts. I ordered 10 carts with my ladypipe and those seemed to all have gunk in them when I take them out aka probably being glued in initially. In fact probably half the crap in there is glue which was disappointing. The carts that came with my pen were not (technically they are the same carts or I thought should be). So anyway, I'm using the batch of carts that came with my pen for my pipe instead and they are way better. It should not stick to the atomizer if you don't twist it off (and pull it straight out instead). If I fill from the bottom and then "tuck in" the material with a pin it stays in place. So for now I am only using the pen carts since the material is not glued in. I would not use the carts that came with the pipe because that glue is not just at the bottom but on the side of the material as well and it will melt and taste funny when smoking it.

That's just what I'm doing. I ended up throwing away the carts that I ordered with my ladypipe all because of the glue.

Last edited:

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Rexa and Lu...Isn't your cart material glued down? Mine is.

Mine isn't. But they clearly do mix & match parts on these things.

When I took one of my cart material out using tweezers... I noticed that it was glued down. Now when I put it back in the cart and start to vape...it keeps sliding out and sticking to the atomizer.

Mine occasionally does that, but only when I haven't taken care to tuck loose ends of the fibre back into the cart. The filling is a lot fluffier, with stray fibres since I washed it (it was fine from new before then.)
Take care you're not twisting the cart in the atomizer to align it with the bowl (always more of a temptation with the pipe than a symmetrical cig.) I read someone saying the fibres could get caught in the atomizer this way (I forget where,) and it makes sense to me (so I don't do it.)

That is why I haven't taken the other ones out. I also notice that the cart material is really sparse compared to my other 801 carts...which have a lot more material packed in...those aren't glued down. I think this is why I can vape through the whole minipipe cart without refilling.

It does seem to be excellent at wicking the cart dry, though I top off very regularly (and slightly overfill,) to reduce that tendency to singe the filling.

Got my bestecig ataomizers today - I'll report back when I've had a chance to try them out.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Got my bestecig ataomizers today - I'll report back when I've had a chance to try them out.

I have those too.....It runs very hot and has very bad taste to me. Vapor productions is less, throat hit is non existent, no lung fill, taste is very bad....they last a long time. But a lot of people like them with the pipe....so go figure.

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
I have those too.....It runs very hot and has very bad taste to me. Vapor productions is less, throat hit is non existent, no lung fill, taste is very bad....they last a long time. But a lot of people like them with the pipe....so go figure.

Yep same here edo cant settle with the 801 atts but will have to try a new one to see if they have improved.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com

hmm, thought I'd better give one a go and find out the worst, so I loaded it up with my lychee cart and a fresh battery. First impression - loads of vape, but a nasty taste. Now I've been puffing it a bit, the taste has improved greatly and the vapour production is still strong.
Certainly it does seem to run hotter (probably as hot as my S/D,) and the lychee tastes a little sourer than with the Eastmall or white standard ecig atomizer - not unpleasant, but not as fragrant. Sort as if I'd added lemon.
Maybe it will mellow (it's only been an hour,) and I can see some flavours might work quite well with it. I'm not a big fan of sour/acidic flavours generally, but it's not as bad as I'd feared it might be. And it does make me realize again just how variable these things are in performance and flavour!

20 minutes and a cart refill later: yes, I'm sure it is mellowing.
I guess the initial taste was primer, but it was worse than the others have been so far.

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I don't know why but some of my posts are getting lost in cyberspace...anyway....I'll repost. My theory on Bestecigs atos and the minipipe is this...people like me who only vape strong tobacco flavors cigar/frenchpipe etc. don't like the bestecigs on the minipipe b/c the primer taste never ever goes away...it always taste like crap. I figure the initial taste of the best ecig is due to them using tobacco primer..so if you use tobacco liquid you always have that bad taste. It seems most of the people who like the bestecigs on the pipe are the ones using sweet/fruity/minty flavors.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I don't know why but some of my posts are getting lost in cyberspace...anyway....I'll repost. My theory on Bestecigs atos and the minipipe is this...people like me who only vape strong tobacco flavors cigar/frenchpipe etc. don't like the bestecigs on the minipipe b/c the primer taste never ever goes away...it always taste like crap.

It's just a thought, but has anyone tried rinsing the primer away before use? It's probably soluble in alcohol, if not water. If we could get rid of it before it was burnt into the atomizer, it might leave less (or even no) residue. It must be soluble in something.

I figure the initial taste of the best ecig is due to them using tobacco primer..so if you use tobacco liquid you always have that bad taste. It seems most of the people who like the bestecigs on the pipe are the ones using sweet/fruity/minty flavors.

I'd agree from my limited testing - it's now very nearly as nice with the lychee as my white ecig atomizer.

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
It's been a little over a week since I've had the ladypipe now and thought I'd share more stuff (I have been exclusively use my ladypipe at home in the evenings):

How you fill the cart has been extremely important. I was filling the carts for my ladypipe the same way I've been filling them for my pen (because they use the same carts) and i've begun to realize that it's still too much liquid (even if it doesn't look like it's overfilled). You really have to nail it right or else you may be thinking the battery or the atomizer is failing you in which in my case it clearly is not. I've had to play around more when using. I never really thought I was overfilling but in this devices case, I may have. The reason being for this "i think" is that there seems to be way more condensation produced in this device. Case in point, if you pull out the cart after vaping a while, you'll notice the liquid dripping off the sides of the cart (this has not happened with my other devices).

Now that I've pretty much gotten the hang of it, this device still kicks ... in vapor performance and throat hit. The batteries still suck though. I had to throw one out after 3 days. The other 3 batteries I have left which I've been rotating have been working fine still (make sure you recharge them WELL - don't pay attention to when the green light comes on after 3 hours because it's still not enough).

The ladypipe definitely has a cutoff (but I think it's harder to reach the cutoff than other devices if once again, you nail the carts when it comes to filling them). I tested the cutoff and I would have to be gagging to get to it. Either that or I must have some wimpy lung capacity compared to some of y'all :D

I'm still awaiting my screwdriver because I'd like something I can carry around more without the hassle of changing bats all the time (hopefully we'll see once I get it)

Ladypipe is still a really cool device if you work out the many kinks with it. I would not suggest it as the first kit (nor the only kit) someone new to ecigs should get though. The parts are expensive and a pain to keep up with should you run out. I'm sure there are better devices than this one and I definitely don't think it produces the most vapor out there but for my personal preferences it gives me a better throat hit than my pen or 901.

Last edited:

kebochina

Moved On
Oct 22, 2009
shenzhen
www.kebochina.com
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: spammer

kebochina

Moved On
Oct 22, 2009
shenzhen