Last Attempt at Vaping Nic E liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
This post is to hopefully put this to rest. If you are wondering what I am talking about in its entirety then please look at the feeds I have posted in the past. I am not looking for any replies about:
Trying different ratios
Trying no nic pg and vg
Try different venders
Try different nic levels etc. I have tried it all and everything is still the same. I can Vape non nic eliquid without much problem as long as I drink water however I am still not able to Vape ejuice at EVEN LESS THAN HALF A ML NIC without feeling like I have OD on nic. I can smoke analogues all day no problem though. My conclusion is that it is my meds and super dr mouth due to all them. I am on heart meds, anti depressants, anxiety meds, GERD.
If you have any info on vaping and the sort of meds I am on please respond. Thanks

Reactions: Way2Gone

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Dehydration is sometimes not solved with just upping hydration, esp. if there are meds involved. Dehydration can happen at a deeper cellular level.

I would make appt. w/your doc and find out exactly what is going on with some blood profile.

If you can smoke analogs, I really doubt it is the nic.??

More likely is the PG, the VG, or the flavorings....but not sure what "tests" you did for that? Vaping straight unflavored PG or VG without flavorings and without nic would be necessary to know this.

OTOH, it could be some wierd thing with nic in liquid form, who knows. Every body chemistry is different.

And, yes, there are people who can't vape.

Have you tried some other form of tobacco harm reduction, like SNUS? It would be interesting to see if your body can deal with nic in a different delivery format like SNUS.

Beeker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Oklahoma
I am not qualified to help you in that regard. I've heard some of this to a lesser degree and usually it boils down to one or two contributing factors. There may be an interaction with combinations of nicotine and other e-liquid components with your meds but again I'm not a Dr. Have you discussed this with you Doctor at all? They usually have access to databases with drug interaction responses from other patients (many of them may be vapers also). I'm very sorry you are having no success with this and hope you can find another solution rather than returning to cigarettes.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I also suffer from excessive dry mouth (and eyes) and GERD. I guess after 20 years I'm used to the dry mouth problem. I drink huge amounts of water, and therefore need to pee a lot. I tried artificial saliva but decided cotton mouth was better than drooling. Does vaping make my mouth feel drier yet? I think so, but I just keep sipping water.

As for the GERD I do best not vaping citrus fruits. I prefer creamy type flavors.

vapeNoob4

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2015
I am on heart meds, anti depressants, anxiety meds, GERD. If you have any info on vaping and the sort of meds I am on please respond. Thanks
I take some similar medications to what you take. There are complications when taking psychiatric medications and consuming stuff like caffeine or nicotine. That's why most treatment facilities that treat psychiatric disorders limit caffeine intake to 2 12oz cans of soda a day and then 1 pack of cigarettes maximum a day. If you are consuming lots of stimulants you may get nauseous. Also, you may want to consider a drug you can ask your psychiatrist about called Cogentin (Benzatropine) that can help with your dry mouth. Dry mouth and hyper-salivation are known side effects of psychiatric drugs.

Also, with Acid Reflux you can take a alkaline supplement to cut down on the acidic stuff. If you ingest large amounts of cola, vinegar or meat you have a acidic diet. Green leafy vegetables are more alkaline which you may need. I take Spirulina Algae supplements in powder form. They also make pill form ones. I'll link to one here.

Last edited:

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Dehydration is sometimes not solved with just upping hydration, esp. if there are meds involved. Dehydration can happen at a deeper cellular level.

I would make appt. w/your doc and find out exactly what is going on with some blood profile.

If you can smoke analogs, I really doubt it is the nic.??

More likely is the PG, the VG, or the flavorings....but not sure what "tests" you did for that? Vaping straight unflavored PG or VG without flavorings and without nic would be necessary to know this.

OTOH, it could be some wierd thing with nic in liquid form, who knows. Every body chemistry is different.

And, yes, there are people who can't vape.

Have you tried some other form of tobacco harm reduction, like SNUS? It would be interesting to see if your body can deal with nic in a different delivery format like SNUS.
Thanks for responding, I have tried straight pg and vg and its fine. I am a bit sensitive to pg so I keep it lower I find it messes with my sinus problems. I have used the patch before and it works. It does seem to me though that liquid nic and the nic patch does hit me quicker more than regular analogues. When I was I the patch it says to use step 1 first which is the strongest because of the amount I smoke every day but I lowered it to step to and found that I was getting enough nic. I also have seriously bad anxiety and panic attacks and thought it might be possible that every time I Vape my bad nerves kick in. Someone on here along time ago told me that since I am on heart meds to slow my heart down that the nic takes longer to go through my blood stream. How long after an anolgue should I wait before I Vape. Maybe I am Vape to fast after smoking.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
What type of Coils are you using ? Is it possible the combination of the coil and the nic could be causing the problem?
Thanks for replying, I have used tones off different coils and tanks. The best vaping experience when I think back was when I used high ohm and non sub tanks.

Reactions: Harlen

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
I take some similar medications to what you take. There are complications when taking psychiatric medications and consuming stuff like caffeine or nicotine. That's why most treatment facilities that treat psychiatric disorders limit caffeine intake to 2 12oz cans of soda a day and then 1 pack of cigarettes maximum a day. If you are consuming lots of stimulants you may get nauseous. Also, you may want to consider a drug you can ask your psychiatrist about called Cogentin (Benzatropine) that can help with your dry mouth. Dry mouth and hyper-salivation are known side effects of psychiatric drugs.

Also, with Acid Reflux you can take a alkaline supplement to cut down on the acidic stuff. If you ingest large amounts of cola, vinegar or meat you have a acidic diet. Green leafy vegetables are more alkaline which you may need. I take Spirulina Algae supplements in powder form. They also make pill form ones. I'll link to one here.
Thanks, if my mouth is seriously dry and eliquid is mainly absorbed through your mouth and sinus is it possible it's hitting much faster than someone who doesn't have a dry mouth? Daily I wake up and have a coffee then have a coffee at work then nothing till super time. I drink hardly any water a day.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
I also suffer from excessive dry mouth (and eyes) and GERD. I guess after 20 years I'm used to the dry mouth problem. I drink huge amounts of water, and therefore need to pee a lot. I tried artificial saliva but decided cotton mouth was better than drooling. Does vaping make my mouth feel drier yet? I think so, but I just keep sipping water.

As for the GERD I do best not vaping citrus fruits. I prefer creamy type flavors.
I'm thinking I am definitely going to have to up my water intake which is no problem because I like water and should try drinking water while vaping that I have not done much of.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm thinking I am definitely going to have to up my water intake which is no problem because I like water and should try drinking water while vaping that I have not done much of.

I absolutely have to sip it all day. I've been told water can aggravate GERd, but so does coffee, tea, soda, milk and juice so...I stick with the water. I drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning.

Reactions: Lobes2011

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Thanks, if my mouth is seriously dry and eliquid is mainly absorbed through your mouth and sinus is it possible it's hitting much faster than someone who doesn't have a dry mouth? Daily I wake up and have a coffee then have a coffee at work then nothing till super time. I drink hardly any water a day.

I'd do some hydration, to me it sounds like you're severely dehydrated if that is all of your liquid intake for a day.

There is debate what an adequate intake of liquids for an adult male is, some believe roughly 13 cups / 3 liters per day.
Depending on environment, diet / sodium intake & activity level that could be a bare minimum.
Some studies show the human body needs a minimum of 1 liter / 33 oz per day just to function properly.
Most medical professionals & pharmacist recommend drinking 8oz with every pill you take in addition to a normal daily intake.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
I'd do some hydration, to me it sounds like you're severely dehydrated if that is all of your liquid intake for a day.

There is debate what an adequate intake of liquids for an adult male is, some believe roughly 13 cups / 3 liters per day.
Depending on environment, diet / sodium intake & activity level that could be a bare minimum.
Some studies show the human body needs a minimum of 1 liter / 33 oz per day just to function properly.
Most medical professionals & pharmacist recommend drinking 8oz with every pill you take in addition to a normal daily intake.
Sounds like my water intake is way to low aside from vaping

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have for many years drank the 8, 8 ounce glasses of water a day that many health professionals or urban legends recommend. Now that I am vaping I drink even more just because I find I have a drier mouth. So on an average I drink over 100 ounces and sometimes 140 to 150.

Just a side note I am vaping less and less nicotine since I got a MOD. And I have the guy at the B&M Vape Shop I buy my liquid from ordering me 0% in my American Tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread