vaping and anti depressants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I've got a bad case of generalized anxiety disorder and have been on Klonopin for a long time now. I haven't noticed any bad effects from vaping. If anything I rely on it too much maybe.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Me too. I have a pretty bad case of GAD along with social & situational anxieties (in person), and MDD. I don't take anti-depressants, and I never will. I personally hate the concept of them. I was addicted to ...... & oxycodone - pretty much any opiate I could get my hands on, and am coming up on 5 years off opiates in October. Before opiates I had little to no anxiety, I never really thought about anything or cared enough to be stressed.
The story's different now and I really don't want to elaborate on my issues besides what I've already said, but vaping does not affect my anxiety. I quit smoking last September, and coming up on that one year of no cigarettes, I can say that I like having my sense of smell and taste back, except for when my dog farts. Cigarettes may have "helped" with anxiety in the past for me, but it was only because the relief you feel from smoking a cigarette is your body's natural reaction to getting its fix. The nic in cigarettes is affected so much by the other chemicals that it's more addictive than nicotine on its own.
I may rely on vaping too much, but I home brew most of my juice, so I don't care. It's enjoyable to me.

RtotheK

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
california
I do have severe anxiety and the Medes I'm taking are lorazepam- as needed and pristiq- daily. I've noticed my anxiety getting worse from vaping/ and when I used to smoke. The nicotine is a...what ever it is it is similar to caffeine of which I can't drink cuss it makes my anxiety act up.it is a rough struggle to deal with. I wish you luck

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I do have severe anxiety and the Medes I'm taking are lorazepam- as needed and pristiq- daily. I've noticed my anxiety getting worse from vaping/ and when I used to smoke. The nicotine is a...what ever it is it is similar to caffeine of which I can't drink cuss it makes my anxiety act up.it is a rough struggle to deal with. I wish you luck
Consult your doctor.

And maybe look into WTA liquids...
Whole Tobacco Alkaloid (WTA) liquids

Reactions: 2buildawall

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Don't be tossing out wild speculations please

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm on Effexor XR, Trazodone and Nortriptyline. I've noticed nothing but improvements since switching to vaping. I've even had my Effexor dose cut down by 2/3rds over the course of the last year. The other two are mostly so I can sleep and have remained the same. But no adverse effects that I'm aware of.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
hi was just wondering if any body vapes while taking anti depressants or psych meds. have you noticed any differences since vaping ? im just asking to see how people feel about this matter, I personally have to take a few different medications for my schizophrenia and depression.

I vape and take anti depressants and antipsychotics no problems here , well none that vaping added or increased.

Been taking clomipramine for months also zyprexa .
taken cymbalta , effexor , lexapro , zoloft , clozapine ,

Last edited:

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    hi was just wondering if any body vapes while taking anti depressants or psych meds. have you noticed any differences since vaping ? im just asking to see how people feel about this matter, I personally have to take a few different medications for my schizophrenia and depression.

I have Asperger's syndrome and anxiety issues, so I am on both anti anxiety (xanax) and anti depressant (Zoloft) drugs as well as anti seizure medication ( Neurontin) for a related neurological disorder. I noticed no difference after I started vaping with these medications. Vaping does not seem to effect anything in these regards.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2012
    Canada
    Some studies show an onset of depression from smoking cessation. One part is chemical, the other part behavioral/situational depression.

The chemical portion resolves itself within a month as nicotine is cleared from your system within days.

The behavioral part is less of an issue if you select vaping as your bridge to a smoke free life. But be aware, when you elect to quit vaping, you will still need to face the demon of cessation and withdrawal.

As far as chemical conflict, there is none.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread