late joining the rebuildable atomizer train..,

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
wv
but im here and i like it :). been using the vivi rebuildable tank for about a week now and i like where this is going. I think GONE are the days of spending ungodly amounts on gimmicky throw-away atomizers. I think we will continue to see advancements in rebuildable atomizers and their components...and NOT having to shell out 200+ dollars for a genesis and waiting lists as long as the Nile river.

anywhoo, I have a couple of questions:
what is the reason behind using this ss mesh under the coil in some rebuildables? does this help wicking in some way?
i see some people use cotton wicks instead of the sylica wicks...whats the difference here?

i tell ya, kanthol/resistance wire, this mesh vs that mesh, sylica wicks/cotton wicks..im confused as all get out.

thanks for the insight!

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
My first rebuildable was the Penelope. I watched a few videos before receiving it and was able to set it up on my first try. I was sold. Now I have a collection. I prefer the RTA's because I am not a dripping fan. I even have a bottom feed rebuildable. Regular atomizers hold no interest for me anymore.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I have a Penelope and a cheapie Smoketech rebuildable modded into a genesis. I also have 4 more genesis coming but, they are all delayed. I don't care for silica. SS is good in the Smoketech. Right now, I'm trying candlewick in the Penelope. I'll give it a little longer to convince me but, I think I like cotton yarn better. I don't see a lot of difference in the taste between the SS and organic wicks once you boil out the scent/sizing. Silica does add a flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread