Latest Pod Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I'm thinking of getting a pod for those occasions when I need something small to carry around but isn't a piece o' junk. There are so many pods. I'M SO CONFUSED!

Why the smok Infinix?

What precisely do you mean by "isn't a piece o' junk"? Most of them are fairly cheap. I sort of view them all as somewhat disposable.

My favorite that I've used so far is the Suorin Air. It is made by Foxconn, the maker of Apple computers, but the 20 buck Air is definitely not similar in quality to a 1000 dollar metal body Macbook Air. The only thing they have in common is the manufacturer and the word "Air" in the name. It feels sort of cheap. Pricewise, it is cheap. But it is the most practical design pod system that I've seen so far. It is super light metal, holds 2 ml liquid, has a power switch, is easy to fill, has a magnetic pod connection, and you can see all of the liquid and cotton without removing the pod.

The Suorin Drop "feels" more like a Macbook. It has a much more substantial build. But it has a lesser battery, no magnetic connection, the pod has to be removed to check the cotton (or air pockets in the liquid), and air pockets tend to form on one side even though the 2 chambers are connected. It has a more restricted draw and is smoother because it uses a higher resistance coil--that also means slightly less vapor.

I haven't used the Smok Infinix but it looks nice. The battery is much less. Liquid capacity is the same. It comes with a needle to fill it but I don't know if it is necessary. Filling with a needle seems like it would be a hassle, especially if you use a variety of flavors and need to buy extras needles. The design is very similar to the Juul. On the Juul air bubbles often form near the wick and I wonder if this similarly designed Smok Infinix has the same draw back. Don't know.

If you like the Smok Infinix, you might also check out the Vapeccino Mate 1. The Mate 1 has a better battery and "golden core coils" that supposedly are more resistant to oxidation.

Whatever you choose... look around to see if the pods are readily for a good price since these devices are no good without a steady supply of pods.

You might also consider a small tank system instead of a pod system. The Aspire Breeze is one example. The nice thing about the Breeze is that you can easily clean the drip tip and chimney on a daily basis.

I have the Juul, Suorin Air, Suorin Drop. I haven't seen any pod system that I like better than the Suorin Air. I just ordered the Breeze (tank system) since I want to be able to clean the drip tip on a daily basis.

Good luck.

Reactions: newyork13

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
What precisely do you mean by "isn't a piece o' junk"? Most of them are fairly cheap. I sort of view them all as somewhat disposable.

My favorite that I've used so far is the Suorin Air. It is made by Foxconn, the maker of Apple computers, but the 20 buck Air is definitely not similar in quality to a 1000 dollar metal body Macbook Air. The only thing they have in common is the manufacturer and the word "Air" in the name. It feels sort of cheap. Pricewise, it is cheap. But it is the most practical design pod system that I've seen so far. It is super light metal, holds 2 ml liquid, has a power switch, is easy to fill, has a magnetic pod connection, and you can see all of the liquid and cotton without removing the pod.

The Suorin Drop "feels" more like a Macbook. It has a much more substantial build. But it has a lesser battery, no magnetic connection, the pod has to be removed to check the cotton (or air pockets in the liquid), and air pockets tend to form on one side even though the 2 chambers are connected. It has a more restricted draw and is smoother because it uses a higher resistance coil--that also means slightly less vapor.

I haven't used the Smok Infinix but it looks nice. The battery is much less. Liquid capacity is the same. It comes with a needle to fill it but I don't know if it is necessary. Filling with a needle seems like it would be a hassle, especially if you use a variety of flavors and need to buy extras needles. The design is very similar to the Juul. On the Juul air bubbles often form near the wick and I wonder if this similarly designed Smok Infinix has the same draw back. Don't know.

If you like the Smok Infinix, you might also check out the Vapeccino Mate 1. The Mate 1 has a better battery and "golden core coils" that supposedly are more resistant to oxidation.

Whatever you choose... look around to see if the pods are readily for a good price since these devices are no good without a steady supply of pods.

You might also consider a small tank system instead of a pod system. The Aspire Breeze is one example. The nice thing about the Breeze is that you can easily clean the drip tip and chimney on a daily basis.

I have the Juul, Suorin Air, Suorin Drop. I haven't seen any pod system that I like better than the Suorin Air. I just ordered the Breeze (tank system) since I want to be able to clean the drip tip on a daily basis.

Good luck.
Thanks for your comments.
Tell me if the vape is really airy. Understood that this is a relative term. But, I got a Kandypen Feather, which I like except that it's really airy, which I don't like. So, I guess that means I don't really like the Feather all that much. I've come to enjoy the simple portability of my Juul, but I'm not crazy about the juices. (BTW, I'm a long time vaper. At home I'm more likely to use RTAs, but it's fun carrying around a miniscule little mod.)

Reactions: smoked25years

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks for your comments.
Tell me if the vape is really airy. Understood that this is a relative term. But, I got a Kandypen Feather, which I like except that it's really airy, which I don't like. So, I guess that means I don't really like the Feather all that much. I've come to enjoy the simple portability of my Juul, but I'm not crazy about the juices. (BTW, I'm a long time vaper. At home I'm more likely to use RTAs, but it's fun carrying around a miniscule little mod.)

At present, I only have the Juul, Suorin Air and Drop. The Juul is super airy imo. The Drop and Air are much better in comparison. So if you like the Juul, the Drop and Air should be a pleasant improvement. The Drop has a tighter draw than the Air. I prefer the draw on the Air. Since I've only used those 3 devices, I don't have much to compare. I get the Aspire Breeze (small tank system) later this week. From online reviews, I'm expecting much more vapor production. It comes with both a sub ohm and a high resistance coil. I'll use the high resistance coil. Haven't tried the others.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
At present, I only have the Juul, Suorin Air and Drop. The Juul is super airy imo. The Drop and Air are much better in comparison. So if you like the Juul, the Drop and Air should be a pleasant improvement. The Drop has a tighter draw than the Air. I prefer the draw on the Air. Since I've only used those 3 devices, I don't have much to compare. I get the Aspire Breeze (small tank system) later this week. From online reviews, I'm expecting much more vapor production. It comes with both a sub ohm and a high resistance coil. I'll use the high resistance coil. Haven't tried the others.
thanks. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the Breeze.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
thanks. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the Breeze.

The Aspire Breeze came in todays mail. If you use draw to initiate the device, it is super airy (breezy!) since there's a delay and there's a large plus shaped air hole on one side. If you use the button, then it produces vapor right away and it's not airy. It is important to note that I've only used the 1.2 ohm coil and higher vapor production with the 0.6 ohm coil might benefit more from the big air hole. Also, you can restrict the air flow by covering part of the hole with a finger or masking tape. With the big air hole and drip tip, it is a looser pull than the Suorin Air and Drop. The Drop has a super tight pull... tighter than I'd like... sort of like sucking a thick milk shake through a straw. The Air has a tight pull but not as tight as the Drop.

The ability to clean the device is really the only reason that I got the Aspire Breeze. The Suorin Air is a smart and practical design... except there's not an easy way to clean the pods. Condensation (or maybe e-liquid spatter?) builds up in the chimney of the Air. This happens long before the coils go bad. Ideally, I would like to clean it regularly. With the Aspire Breeze, I can just pop off the drip tip and wash it. Time will tell if the benefit of being able to clean the drip tip on a small tank system outweighs the convenience of pods for me.

Changing fluid is quite a mess with the Breeze, of course. Not really a fair comparison to the Suorin Air. You can refill the Air but you can't really change fluid in the pods--You just grab another pod. You'd also need to change the atomizer on the Breeze since the cotton will still be soaked with the previous flavor. The atomizers for the Breeze are 1/2 the cost of the pods for the Air so there's a bit of a cost savings. For a guy like you, who is used to more sophisticated devices, changing the fluid won't be a big deal. For the guy who is just getting off cigarettes, like me, changing the fluid is a hassle. When you are just quitting smoking, you need to sample lots of flavors and switch between nicotine strengths. If I were only to buy one device, I would definitely choose the Air since I can easily switch out pods. With the Breeze, I also have to carry another device with another concentration of nicotine.

A few reviewers comment that a negative about the Aspire Breeze is the rounded bottom prevents it from standing on end. That's not entirely true. It happens to be magnetic on the end and will easily stand on a metal surface. I think the magnet keeps the atomizer in contact with a lead to the battery but it is strong enough to stand the device on end. So if you want to keep it upright while filling the tank, you can put it on a metal surface. If you don't have a metal surface handy, then putting it in an empty coffee mug will hold it upright.

Last edited:

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    I've enjoyed your posts @dansus about all the pod devices.
    Have you really bought and tried all of them you've mentioned?
    I'll check into the K1 and Myle.
    Not all of them, but i read feedback from users on a daily basis, so im able to make an educated guess of what to expect.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    The Aspire Breeze came in todays mail. If you use draw to initiate the device, it is super airy (breezy!) since there's a delay and there's a large plus shaped air hole on one side. If you use the button, then it produces vapor right away and it's not airy. It is important to note that I've only used the 1.2 ohm coil and higher vapor production with the 0.6 ohm coil might benefit more from the big air hole. Also, you can restrict the air flow by covering part of the hole with a finger or masking tape. With the big air hole and drip tip, it is a looser pull than the Suorin Air and Drop. The Drop has a super tight pull... tighter than I'd like... sort of like sucking a thick milk shake through a straw. The Air has a tight pull but not as tight as the Drop.

The ability to clean the device is really the only reason that I got the Aspire Breeze. The Suorin Air is a smart and practical design... except there's not an easy way to clean the pods. Condensation (or maybe e-liquid spatter?) builds up in the chimney of the Air. This happens long before the coils go bad. Ideally, I would like to clean it regularly. With the Aspire Breeze, I can just pop off the drip tip and wash it. Time will tell if the benefit of being able to clean the drip tip on a small tank system outweighs the convenience of pods for me.

Changing fluid is quite a mess with the Breeze, of course. Not really a fair comparison to the Suorin Air. You can refill the Air but you can't really change fluid in the pods--You just grab another pod. You'd also need to change the atomizer on the Breeze since the cotton will still be soaked with the previous flavor. The atomizers for the Breeze are 1/2 the cost of the pods for the Air so there's a bit of a cost savings. For a guy like you, who is used to more sophisticated devices, changing the fluid won't be a big deal. For the guy who is just getting off cigarettes, like me, changing the fluid is a hassle. When you are just quitting smoking, you need to sample lots of flavors and switch between nicotine strengths. If I were only to buy one device, I would definitely choose the Air since I can easily switch out pods. With the Breeze, I also have to carry another device with another concentration of nicotine.

A few reviewers comment that a negative about the Aspire Breeze is the rounded bottom prevents it from standing on end. That's not entirely true. It happens to be magnetic on the end and will easily stand on a metal surface. I think the magnet keeps the atomizer in contact with a lead to the battery but it is strong enough to stand the device on end. So if you want to keep it upright while filling the tank, you can put it on a metal surface. If you don't have a metal surface handy, then putting it in an empty coffee mug will hold it upright.
    You know, it's kind of funny you mentioned my being used to more sophisticated devices. I've been vaping for a long time, relatively speaking, and have a nice handful of devices. The simplicity of pod mods was very appealing, especially those which were refillable. It wasn't until I got one that it struck me. How do I change flavors, particularly ones new to me, without corrupting them with the last ones in the pods. Keep tossing out pods. If I were one of those who had adv's that'd be fine, but I'm not. I'm a dolt.

• Disagree
    Reactions: 10x sugar

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Not all of them, but i read feedback from users on a daily basis, so im able to make an educated guess of what to expect.
    Thanks. I'm curious though. Of the ones you've actually used, other than the one whose name I can't recall but which looks kinda like a fish, which ones do you like?

dansus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Thanks. I'm curious though. Of the ones you've actually used, other than the one whose name I can't recall but which looks kinda like a fish, which ones do you like?
    Fitt?

The BO never leaves my side, but then im using a bespoke pod. None of them impress me much, im hopeful the next generation of systems will offer something good.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    If what I read is correct, then Imperial Tobacco bought My Von Erl company and renamed the device Myblu.

I just ordered the Myblu starter kit which comes with a 2.4% nic tobacco pod and your choice of 4 other pods at either 2.4% or 1.2%. I had no real interest in it but it was only $5 plus tax shipped free direct from the company. That's probably the cost of the shipping alone. Guess they're hoping to win new loyal customers. I'm not sure if I will actually try it out or just keep it as an emergency backup... if I run out of pods or coils for my regular devices, etc.

US_Myblu_2_Liquid_Promo.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread