Lavatube Noob Thread - ??? about LAVATUBES and Accessories for them...Post your questions here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank everyone for posting all the great info here, I just got my lavatube today and all of this helps me a lot. I've got the 1.0 but I got a great deal on it in kit form, 54.99 over at Stormys Vapor Cellar. I do have 1 question though, is the charger that came with my kit ok for imr batteries, it is charging them to 4.16 volts according to my multimeter, also is it suitable for the protected 18650's that I use for my fixed voltage mods, I've been using an ego charger and a 2.0 amp wall wart to charge them, I have 2 of the ego (unregulated) mods and a Riva v3, I use only protected batteries in those mods, and not the imr's. I got 2 imr's with the kit and I have an aw imr that I ordered separately, any info appreciated.
Thanks,

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
I want to thank everyone for posting all the great info here, I just got my lavatube today and all of this helps me a lot. I've got the 1.0 but I got a great deal on it in kit form, 54.99 over at Stormys Vapor Cellar. I do have 1 question though, is the charger that came with my kit ok for imr batteries, it is charging them to 4.16 volts according to my multimeter, also is it suitable for the protected 18650's that I use for my fixed voltage mods, I've been using an ego charger and a 2.0 amp wall wart to charge them, I have 2 of the ego (unregulated) mods and a Riva v3, I use only protected batteries in those mods, and not the imr's. I got 2 imr's with the kit and I have an aw imr that I ordered separately, any info appreciated.
Thanks,

Honestly, I can't tell you what that charger is capable of doing other than catching fire. Those chargers are super junk, and I'm not sure why they are still being sold. I got one with my SS V-tube and used it for about a day and realized what a fire hazard it was. I've read about other members on this forum having theirs catch fire, blow-up, etc. too. Several folks recommended the Xtar WP2 II to me, and I purchased one, and have been super happy with it. It can be used for most batteries other than LiFePO4's and various sized batteries too (but may require spacers which are only .50 each).

I purchased mine here:

310Vapers.com | Xtar WP2 II Charger (18650, 18500, 18350 & More) - Chargers - Accessories | e-Cigarette, eGo, 3VO, cartomizers, atomizers, batteries

It was the cheapest one I found at the time, but may be cheaper elsewhere now. Many vendors have started carrying them now, so you may want to shop around.

Sorry I can't be more help, good luck.

OK, I've got another question guys, I thought I was getting a V1 lavatube made by L-rider, it's called a Nimbus over at Stormy's Vapor Cellar where I purchased it, it has a red power button and 2 black buttons for + or - voltage. What I noticed about it is weird, because I put a Kanger T2 with a 1.8 ohm coil on it and it vaped fine, I wanted to see if the voltage limiter kicked in on it so I ran it up to 5.5v, at which point it fried the coil. also to check the battery is 5 clicks instead of 7 and it has no battery "gauge" like the 1.5 has. So are there more than 1 versions of the L-rider 1.0 or have I got an oddball device? It works fine and I'm happy with it, I just am not sure what I have. I'm using the chart now to make sure I don't run anything out of range now too.
Thanks,

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
OK, I've got another question guys, I thought I was getting a V1 lavatube made by L-rider, it's called a Nimbus over at Stormy's Vapor Cellar where I purchased it, it has a red power button and 2 black buttons for + or - voltage. What I noticed about it is weird, because I put a Kanger T2 with a 1.8 ohm coil on it and it vaped fine, I wanted to see if the voltage limiter kicked in on it so I ran it up to 5.5v, at which point it fried the coil. also to check the battery is 5 clicks instead of 7 and it has no battery "gauge" like the 1.5 has. So are there more than 1 versions of the L-rider 1.0 or have I got an oddball device? It works fine and I'm happy with it, I just am not sure what I have. I'm using the chart now to make sure I don't run anything out of range now too.
Thanks,

Stormy's Nimbus is made by L-Rider. As far as frying your coil, I really have no idea except some LR stuff (and all dual coils) don't play well with the low amp 2.5 switch, and I'm not certain that the v1.0 has the regulator (limiter).

The 5-7 click battery check, your button may just stick a bit, mine does that sometimes too. To check the battery life on mine sometimes I have to press the button 7 times other times it will do it after 5 or 6 presses.

When you are talking about the battery gauge, I assume you mean a little picture of a battery with bars showing how much battery life is left, similar to the ones on cell phones. None of the L-rider tubes have this gauge, but other units like the Varitube do.

I apologize for not being more helpful/knowledgeable, but I hope I was able to clear something up for you.

Teacup36

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
California
Hi I won "lambo" I'm gonna call it that based on what little info I have.

I know nothing about mods entered a contest on here and was shipped a very heavy very shiney piece of metal with 1 red 18350 battery. Thats it.

The contest was a private person and she said she purchased it at clouds of vapor. Again i don't know squat here but I have had it for 6 weeks figure it would be nice to use. It has the red led that shows the voltage?? ( i know i know one of you is thinking girl, just ship me the Da** thing you're to dumb for it :) )

HELP what do I need to buy besides a charger and another battery ( it only uses 1 at a time flat top)

Thanks a ton!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
Hi I won "lambo" I'm gonna call it that based on what little info I have.

I know nothing about mods entered a contest on here and was shipped a very heavy very shiney piece of metal with 1 red 18350 battery. Thats it.

The contest was a private person and she said she purchased it at clouds of vapor. Again i don't know squat here but I have had it for 6 weeks figure it would be nice to use. It has the red led that shows the voltage?? ( i know i know one of you is thinking girl, just ship me the Da** thing you're to dumb for it :) )

HELP what do I need to buy besides a charger and another battery ( it only uses 1 at a time flat top)

Thanks a ton!!

The Lambo is pretty much the same as the Lavatube v1.5 and the V-tube. You can use darn near anything on it, but I wouldn't suggest low resistance or dual coiled things. This thread is full of the why and why not, so I'd take an hour or so and read through, there is a ton of good information, and should answer any question(s) you may have. Orachel the OP also posted about all the adapters that you may want to purchase depending on your needs.

Check here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ial-apollo-vtube-stainless-chrome-copper.html

As far as chargers go, several folks suggested this one for me:

310Vapers.com | Xtar WP2 II Charger (18650, 18500, 18350 & More) - Chargers - Accessories | e-Cigarette, eGo, 3VO, cartomizers, atomizers, batteries

I purchased it and absolutely love it, and don't worry about it blowing up or catching fire. You will need to purchase a couple of extra spacers for it though if you are using 18350s, but they are only .50.

I hope this is good enough to get you started, hit us up with any other questions you may have.

I would also agree with SpicyMcHaggis, Vivi Nova (regular and mini) are my personal favorites to use. You may need adapters for them so again check out Orachel's blog on adapters.

Teacup36

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
California
The Lambo is pretty much the same as the Lavatube v1.5 and the V-tube. You can use darn near anything on it, but I wouldn't suggest low resistance or dual coiled things. This thread is full of the why and why not, so I'd take an hour or so and read through, there is a ton of good information, and should answer any question(s) you may have. Orachel the OP also posted about all the adapters that you may want to purchase depending on your needs.

Check here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ial-apollo-vtube-stainless-chrome-copper.html

As far as chargers go, several folks suggested this one for me:

I purchased it and absolutely love it, and don't worry about it blowing up or catching fire. You will need to purchase a couple of extra spacers for it though if you are using 18350s, but they are only .50.

I hope this is good enough to get you started, hit us up with any other questions you may have.

I would also agree with SpicyMcHaggis, Vivi Nova (regular and mini) are my personal favorites to use. You may need adapters for them so again check out Orachel's blog on adapters.

Will read thru everything! Thanks for the links. Why would i need adaptor for Vivi Nova? Curious because i have a 510 to 808 adapter for both my regular and mini vivi's for my Volt X2's. What other adapter would I need (thread type). Thanks for the help guys!!

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
Will read thru everything! Thanks for the links. Why would i need adaptor for Vivi Nova? Curious because i have a 510 to 808 adapter for both my regular and mini vivi's for my Volt X2's. What other adapter would I need (thread type). Thanks for the help guys!!

Sometimes the Nova lines up strange making the draw really tight. I haven't really taken the time to figure out why this happens, because it is easy enough to fix with an adapter or cone. You can use a 3.5ml DCT cone which screws down over the eGo threads on your Lambo and then attach the Nova to the 510 connector. This gives the best and most seamless look, but the threads on the end of the Nova can strip (which has happened to me a few times) then it won't stay in with the cone attached. A 510-510 shorty adapter, is a much better but less attractive solution. Using the 510-510 will make your tank sit up about 3/8 of an inch which looks a little off. The upside is you don't have to worry about those last few threads stripping out. Your last option is the one I use, I go for the 3.5 cone until I strip the threads, then switch to the 510-510. The Nova will still screw in easy but won't keep falling out because of those couple of damaged threads.

Orachel's blog post that I linked earlier covers all these adapters in more detail, and she has some great pictures to help too.

Good luck!

-PS

That link to the charger was the cheapest place I could find for it at the time I bought mine. Several other vendors carry it now too, so you may want to shop around.

Last edited:

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
I use a 510-ego adapter on my LT to use stardust types clearo's. Nova tanks screw right on it with no adapter. The big Nova's look great on them.

BOOM--I hate carto's of any kind so can't help there, but the Nova tanks we are talking about are excellent. If you buy from the right place, you'll get three different coil heads with it. Decide what ya like from there. Hoosier e-cig, gotvapes and Altsmoke are listed Vision resellers.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
Anyone who uses cartos, etc??

I quit using cartos. I use Vivi Novas both regular and mini. I also use the rebuildable Stardust (CE4, eGo Vision cartomizer, etc.). I love being able to rebuild the heads, it is super cheap and easy. I bought about a dozen heads so that I'm not always rebuilding, then when I start getting low, I take an hour or so and rebuild them all. No more wasted money on DOAs or forgetting to fill and frying and wasting the carto.

I know Orachel would tell you to go for the Ressurectors if you like cartos. I tried a couple of them and they were good for cartos but still not as good as the Nova and Stardust IMO.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
I use a 510-ego adapter on my LT to use stardust types clearo's. Nova tanks screw right on it with no adapter. The big Nova's look great on them.

BOOM--I hate carto's of any kind so can't help there, but the Nova tanks we are talking about are excellent. If you buy from the right place, you'll get three different coil heads with it. Decide what ya like from there. Hoosier e-cig, gotvapes and Altsmoke are listed Vision resellers.

What version of LT are you using Spicy? I'm thinking it must be a version 1 because most people running the 1.5 have draw issues attaching the Nova directly to the unit, and don't need a 510-ego, rather a 510-510 for Stardusts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread