Left...now I’m back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greghemmings

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Glasgow
Hello all!

I started vaping in 2011 and stopped in 2014. Now I am back vaping after seeing all the amazing improvements in gear and e-liquids. I’m using an Aegis Mini 80 watt with Falcon coils and finding it quite delightful! I went through the whole high power mod, coil building thing but now just want simple with great flavor and clouds! I am going to try the Mr Salt-E liquid at 25mg as it’s supposed to more closely mimic a real smoking experi. Have any of you tried the salt liquids? If so, what do you think?

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Welcome back!

I DIY'd with salts until I stopped using nicotine last year, and my husband is still vaping with salt nic...

I find them very easy on the throat - especially after smoking for 3+ decades - which is a godsend!

Nice to have you back on the forums again!

greghemmings

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Glasgow
Welcome back!

I DIY'd with salts until I stopped using nicotine last year, and my husband is still vaping with salt nic...

I find them very easy on the throat - especially after smoking for 3+ decades - which is a godsend!

Nice to have you back on the forums again!
That’s what I was hoping to hear! I’ve smoked Newport’s for years and never could get enough nic without that awful throat burn!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That’s what I was hoping to hear! I’ve smoked Newport’s for years and never could get enough nic without that awful throat burn!

If your a menthol fan, try Halo salts.. they have a menthol ice salt my husband loves.. (they have more too..)

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Thanks! Glad to be back!
    You know, my grandfather was born in Glasgow. My middle name is Campbell, in elementary school I got all kinds of remarks about that..

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Nicotine salts are like vaping freebase, but without the throat hit.

IF you dose yourself very high it MAY be more like smoking IDK. I mean, you'll get a strong nicotine hit. If that's your thing. Works for many.

But it's still vaping and vape is in no way similar to smoke. Smoke is not obtainable in the vape format I guess you could get that Philip Morris heat not burn thing, that may be kind of grosser and more like smoking.

But, it's still not like smoking.

Smoking is like smoking.

Vaping is like vaping.

If someone ever finds a way AROUND that I would like to be the first to know. Because... I'm not ashamed to say that I still miss smoking on occasion. I just choose not to smoke.

I also still miss drinking vodka on occasion.... I simply choose not to drink it. A Shirley Temple is in no way similar to drinking a shot of vodka but they are still both "bar drinks." Etc.

I got all hopped up on the liquor flavors bit for a while, and they're nice and all, but they are ALSO nothing like drinking cheap vodka under the bleachers with your high school pals.

Some things... are.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    could you explain me a bit more about that? i feel it contrary, but totally interested to understand your point there....
    Nicotine is what delivers the "throat hit". Nic salts can deliver more nicotine per draw, but in order to do that it has been formulated so that it is smoother and less harsh, otherwise you probably would not be able to vape it.

Nic salt question

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: stols001

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    Nicotine is what delivers the "throat hit". Nic salts can deliver more nicotine per draw, but in order to do that it has been formulated so that it is smoother and less harsh, otherwise you probably would not be able to vape it.

Nic salt question

well, i didnt got the point, i feel a bit more agresive nic salts compared to freebase, also as far as i know, salt nics are low power and high ohm, contrary what most people advise to be used in subohm tanks...

Regards,

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    well, i didnt got the point, i feel a bit more agresive nic salts compared to freebase, also as far as i know, salt nics are low power and high ohm, contrary what most people advise to be used in subohm tanks...
    Nicotine concentration in sub-ohm vaping is generally lowered by half because sub-ohm tanks generally put out twice the vapor of a non-sub ohm tank. So they put out roughly twice the nicotine per draw.

Nic salts have been chemically modified to be less harsh, so have less of a throat hit. That's about it in a nutshell.

• Agree

the wind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    Nicotine concentration in sub-ohm vaping is generally lowered by half because sub-ohm tanks generally put out twice the vapor of a non-sub ohm tank. So they put out roughly twice the nicotine per draw.

Nic salts have been chemically modified to be less harsh, so have less of a throat hit. That's about it in a nutshell.
    a lot of great questions and good advice. doesn't this thread need comic relief?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread