Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I'm all about the Legacy quality... as a good mechanical, and one thats been around since the dawn of vaping which is a good thing, but I would only consider buying it for Genesis atomizers... if the Provari ring fits or if Steve offered a ring, I'm in. Flat top cap; +1
Steve from puresmoker said he is working on a flat top design. In the meantime a provari ring may work to give it a flat top look if it's really important to you. Personally, I don't mind the way it looks with my AGA-T2. A flat top would be fantastic though. I absolutely love my legacy. It kicks like a mule and the features it has are great.

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
If I pick up another one the first thing I am going to try is a hippo, then I'll try a proring, more out of curiosity. Flat top or not, it is a fantastic mod. Whenever I get a bottom fire mod, I always miss how simple it was to change the throw or accommodate differences in battery length on the Legacy.

Hippo fits but I couldn't get it to fire that atty.. may try the Pro-ring tonight but I doubt it will fit..

photo.jpg

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Oh.. I forgot that you can adjust the 510 connection on the Legacy.. Ill try it later

I've had to adjust the post on mine several times.
then another member mentioned that you don't have to tighten the connection very much to make contact. If you have to adjust it then you might have tightened it to much. Just a soft touch will make it fire everytime. IMHO/\.

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
The ZAP doesn't fit the adaptor on the Legacy. Won't screw down all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will work but you have to mess with it - I talked to Fury and tried it myself - You have to screw the adapter base fairly snugly up into the ZAP's sleeve.. but you will always have to mess with it to get the Legacy's adapter off when you unscrew the ZAP. Fury has a picture of it posted somewhere..

I wasn't all that comfortable with it and once I got the hippo working..had no need...

I keep hearing that Puresmoker is about to come out with a flat-top adapter but I cant find where they made that statement..

Edit - Here is Fury's pic

1ee56af3-c21d-43be-bca9-88e048813090_zps92c98735.jpg

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
It will work but you have to mess with it - I talked to Fury and tried it myself - You have to screw the adapter base fairly snugly up into the ZAP's sleeve.. but you will always have to mess with it to get the Legacy's adapter off when you unscrew the ZAP. Fury has a picture of it posted somewhere..

I wasn't all that comfortable with it and once I got the hippo working..had no need...

I keep hearing that Puresmoker is about to come out with a flat-top adapter but I cant find where they made that statement..

Edit - Here is Fury's pic

View attachment 201384

It certainly works and will give you a nice look if you fiddle with it, not sure that pic is all the way down, but you have to decide if that look is worth only using your legacy for a ZAP or buying an extra top. If it is, then have at it.

Since the flat top is coming out, not really an issue anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread