Let's Make History.The GotVapes Community Project, Tell us what you want in a perfect Carto or tank and we will have it built, Come share your ideas !

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Here's what you'll end up with.

TheHomer.jpg

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Heh I want a tank thats bigger on the inside then the outside so it holds my whole bottle of juice without looking like a tanker ;);)

On a more serious note- I really like the prototype raven tank that got scrapped (the one with the overlapping circles design). Several similar designs could be made and have them made so they could just be slipped onto the tank section of carto tanks or vivi novas or say over the glass section of something like the davide tank (and with different lengths for the different length glass that's supposed to be coming soon)...
Really liking the davide tank right now - perhaps have some made in ss (or titanium if they end up heavy)

gwbard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
Florida
In my opinion, you almost have a winner in the Raven's Nest.
The Raven carto's are already awesome, but the tank could use just a few changes to make it perfect:

1) build with stainless steel or titanium instead of cheapo chrome
2) disassemble-able (word?) with carto-locking bottom cap, and fill-port on top cap
3) pyrex inner tube available in several colors (yes, purple included)

(I also like harmonic's idea of varied designs)

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
The vortices in a carb are used to help atomize the air/fuel mixture more so the mixture will combust more completely once it enters the cylinders. Something of this nature ( not exactly the same ) that would end up with a more saturated amount of vapor may help... I'm just uncertain if a vortex could help in this case.

I think he’s talking about what a few people were doing here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-next-big-thing-porous-ceramic-wicks-445.html but I didn’t have much luck (worked well on sub ohm coils) and finely got just trolled the whole thing with:
I still say it’s a plot to watch us poke holes in tips with hidden cameras [it’s shiny side IN for the hats, I know], like laughing at us crossing our eyes trying to see those nonexistent 3D images in the dots, because we wore thick glasses it was funny to those jocks. Like jocks with 100K machine shops [YOU know who You are] laughing now at us trashing drip tips. Eric will get those PM where these shop jocks set this up and uncover this travestyhere: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-next-big-thing-porous-ceramic-wicks-449.html
In spite of my flashback to high school there might be something to it. Anyone seen anything else? The “shop jocks” have moved on.
And remember this was just a subset of the ceramic wick cult that IS working so how about that?
:glare:

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
I would like to see an eVod size and style with a ceramic wick.

The eVod nomenclature is rock solid (well... 'cept I keep rubbing off the finish) and it is the most dependable platform I think I've ever used. It provides good flavor and vapor, head change is easy with very little mess, seldom does it leak, and it's just about the perfect size.

If one of the manufacturers could develop an aluminum oxide wick enclosed in an eVod head we're not talking about a completely new design, but an upgrade to a very dependable one.

BCC's have been tried in the previously referenced groups, but the 'grind it in the garage' build-your-own does put out of reach for a lot of folks.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
The ceramic wicks that I tried a little while back ( FC2000's ) work ok... but they wicked too slowly for chain vaping and were brittle. I suspect there has been some progress but I haven't seen anything to speak of.

I doubt that has anything to so with the "like them tornado's for carburetors" or "top ( spinning toy ) with fins"... neither of which would increase air flow... it would just mix the air/vapor mixture together more.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Yea I would go for ceramic (AO) heads for t3s / protank / davide / evod. I only have the the t3s and davide but seems to me a universal coil unit could done up with the 60 grit AO that's being used in the ceramic wick thread lol

Or perhaps a rebuildable raven carto that would fit in any tank kind of like the terminator or what is it the diver i think....

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I would love a nice short 1ml kanger evod with a rubber or silicone adapter to silde over the mouth piece so it can be held in the mouth. It needs a short 350 ego automatic to go with it. One of the few setups I have that I can never seem to find is a short stubby auto for driving/gaming. Every auto bat and clearo combo I try is too long and too skinny to comfortably hold in my mouth.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Or another thought - a raven like carto that fits all the regular tanks that has replaceable heads like the kanger stuff (t3s, protank, ect). Not sure the best way this could be implimented but perhaps say a 510 base unit that the coil unit screws into then the 'carto' tube could screw onto the head so when fully assembled it looks like a regular carto or raven with a bottom fed coil like the raven and t3s / davide / protank / evod ect. Might not take too much work to design from existing stuff - protank / davide type bottom piece only smaller say with a flange for the tanks (or without for the locking tanks that dont fit the flange) and slight redesign of the heads say with threading on the top side to accomadate a threaded tube that would fit the carto tanks.
Maybe if I could find some time in the next few days I could draw something up - I can almost see it in my head ;)

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
A micro BF RDA same diameter as a carto but shorter! Also a non BF version strictly for dripping.

also a spheroid type rebuildable... Id get the real one but they are a PITA to get a hold of

A gripper vv in a metal case, with a more durable button. Seriously, these are awesome mods but the enclosure and button are way to prone to breaking (battery door and button). I think I've bought my wife at least 6 of these since they first came out. I finally got the nerve to take guts and put it into a snuss tin, it works great, durable as heck but its UGLY

Last edited:

bassmonster

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2011
arkansas
ok, I've thought about this for awhile, and when my Gemini died this morning, I reviewed my favorite vapes, and came to a final conclusion regarding the ultimate carto. I know by now that my hopes for a resurgence of the vision grande is out of the question :( , the original Kamry X6 works well, but its a pita to change wicks :mad: , the second Kamry X6 works well, but the bottom oring leaks :blink: (and not dual wicked :confused: ), the gemini works extremely well, but the bottom oring eventually fails :blink: .

So given this history of awesome vaping, what we need is a Kamry X6 with a sealed bottom plate with connected tube ala X6 v1 and a threaded top ala X6 v2 with replaceable 4 wick heads ala Gemini. Or Vision could do a new Grande with similar specs. :D THAT would be vaping nirvana :2c:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
ok, I've thought about this for awhile, and when my Gemini died this morning, I reviewed my favorite vapes, and came to a final conclusion regarding the ultimate carto. I know by now that my hopes for a resurgence of the vision grande is out of the question :( , the original Kamry X6 works well, but its a pita to change wicks :mad: , the second Kamry X6 works well, but the bottom oring leaks :blink: (and not dual wicked :confused: ), the gemini works extremely well, but the bottom oring eventually fails :blink: .

So given this history of awesome vaping, what we need is a Kamry X6 with a sealed bottom plate with connected tube ala X6 v1 and a threaded top ala X6 v2 with replaceable 4 wick heads ala Gemini. Or Vision could do a new Grande with similar specs. :D THAT would be vaping nirvana :2c:

niceeee. keep them ideas flowing,, just form what many of you have said i already have something being made for us from betterlife. they said they can produce something that i gathered form your ideas, this will be one of a few things i will have made, ill get more into details once the cad is done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread