Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I've been using Vmod-XLs for years now. I use the HH357 $22 atomizers, though Vapage's own Hybrids do pretty good job for the money. Haven't spent any time on the vaping forums in the last year, as I'm just vaping uneventfully. I make my own liquid, i buy glyerin by the liter, and nicotine in glycerin (to make about 10 mg/ml liquid). For flavorings I use mostly Flavour Art, about 5%, i.e. 20 drops max per 10 ml.

My only complaint about the VMod is the construction. I have a box full of cracked and otherwise broken VMods. The consolation is they aren't very expensive. I have VV mods, including a Provari and some Ego Twists, but on the whole don't bother, as a decent 18650 battery with a 1.5 ohm atomizer meets my needs.

Without reading the 125 pages here, I'm wondering if/how anyone is using Genysis type coils (Kanthal or NiChrome on a stainless steel mesh wick?) with the VMod ? Any new discoveries in the atomizer dept? Thanks!

:shock: Who do I see???

All I can say is WELCOME HOME Fernand!!!! :D

Pierces32

Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Columbia, SC, USA
Cool, I really like the people that work there, they seem to care about what you're looking for instead of just trying to get into your wallet. Last time I was there, I dropped about $90 on gear and juice. I'm really liking my Igo-L, even better then the slants I got from Vapage. I still use my A7 but not as much. I id find a new B&M in Augusta that just opened up, haven't had the chance to check them out but I will as soon as we get settled.
Sorry had to remove the pics

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Great to see you Fernand. I look forward to your input.

Since it's been awhile since I've seen you, I'm not sure if you have had a chance to try the Vapage "pro slant coil" hybrid atty. It's an improved version to the prior hybrid BF atty and similar to the aero, hh357 and a maybe one or two others.

There are a few rebuildables that clever vmodians are modding slightly for use with their vmods. I believe they are all RBA's (rebuildable dripping atty's). I'm sure some will be glad to fill you in on what they are using for wick and wire. The term "micro coil" might be interesting to you.

There has been so much continual change in the RBA area I couldn't begin to do a summary.

I'm "old school" and mostly use my Hybrid attys on feeders. On other devices I often use good old carto tanks or a newer and much improved clearomizer.

Many are rebuilding coils for their clearo's, too --- or buying replaceable "heads" that contain the coil/s. This area has greatly changed from that CE4 that was outrageously good for it's time.

Last edited:

Pierces32

Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Columbia, SC, USA
Now that you have that on a BF, you need to reduce how much cotton you are using. There is way too much in there. Remember, less is more. By the time your juice hits your coil it has been heated up way too much already and you will lose flavor.
Hey muzichead, yeah, I've been tinkering with different amounts of cotton. I'm almost getting too much flavor sometimes, it's much stronger than the slant coils I was used to. I am loving this thing so far, still using the original coil, changing wicks when the mood strikes, that's what I really like. They are so easy to make & change.

Gotahorse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Arizona
Quick Vmod 2.0 question. It still fires while in the locking postion unless I turn my battery upside down. Will flat top batteries be better and lock? Has anyone replaced their stock Vapage battery with another brand and does that do the trick? The button is wonky when I turn this onw upside down. Thanks

Batteries : Efest IMR 14500 Flat Top

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Hey muzichead, yeah, I've been tinkering with different amounts of cotton. I'm almost getting too much flavor sometimes, it's much stronger than the slant coils I was used to. I am loving this thing so far, still using the original coil, changing wicks when the mood strikes, that's what I really like. They are so easy to make & change.

My rebuildables gave me a whole new prospective on my liquid... Overnight I went from 24mg to 12mg!!! Been thinking lately i'm going down to 6mg on next order... Glad your having a good time.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
So that battery will let the button lock then?

It should. In the lock position there's still a little "play"in both the xl and 2.0. With the latest vapage 14500 batteries apparently being longer they extend up enough for contact to occur. The efest or aw being the standard 14500 should allow enough space to avoid contact. It was discussed in the other Vmod thread just recently with pictures comparing. Maybe someone could link. Still don't know how to in tapatalk...
That was easy..
Here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293306

Last edited:

Pierces32

Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Columbia, SC, USA
Does anyone else get a sore finger from the VMod fire button? I found a simple & cheap cure for mine!

1109132136.jpg :laugh: 1109132129.jpg

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Added Caramel Cream at 2%...Shook it up for a minute or so and most of the bitterness was gone. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, so the bitterness is a bit of a put off for me. But, I do love some frappe's :) Which is why I chose the Caramel Cream. Pretty yummy for no steep time.

So a reduction in the cafe espresso to 1% is recommended. On the larger bottle I mixed it dominated after steeping. Couldn't tell you why it didn't on the smaller bottle...turning out like the initial bottle...

Pierces32

Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Columbia, SC, USA
My rebuildables gave me a whole new prospective on my liquid... Overnight I went from 24mg to 12mg!!! Been thinking lately i'm going down to 6mg on next order... Glad your having a good time.

I agree, I've knocked my nic down also, from 24mg to 18-15 since changing to the rebuildable, it gives such a clean tasty vape that I'm vaping more. I did have to drill the center post on the bottom of the Squid. What was happening was my feed was getting cut off because I had to screw in down really tight to get it to fire. My squid has a flat contact which essentially blocked off the feed from the 510 extension, drilled it with 1/16th and it's feeding great now. No air locking like it was doing.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I'm backkkkkkkkk!

One of my old VMods became available and I have missed it.

So sorry to be an utter pain but what is the best RDA to get for this puppy? Guessing I need a 510/510 as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384182817151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384182817151.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 20

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaandy! You're never an utter pain sweetie. (You're just a regular run of the mill pain. ;))

My vote would be for the A7. 510 to 510 adapter needed, but zero modding really. The only thing I did was to follow the Kemosabe guide to vaping, and stick in a little silicone gasket fashioned from a slice of a condom cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread