Let's talk hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
anyway... I get home from the hospital and see the wife puffin away on my cheapie 5$ dripper. She looks up at me and sez this thing is awesome.... looks like I lost my dripper to the wife... never thought the wife would get into dripping. Full of suprizes she is ;)

You need a new hiding place for your stuff , and if you come up with one write it down and keep it in your wallet so you won't forget where it's at , at least you still got your IGO .

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
You need a new hiding place for your stuff , and if you come up with one write it down and keep it in your wallet so you won't forget where it's at , at least you still got your IGO .

speaking of.... I set it up with some additional cotton and loaded it with Temptation.... once you get past the "newness" of the cotton, it really tastes good.... dont care for the explosions tho, takes away from the serinity of the moment.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
speaking of.... I set it up with some additional cotton and loaded it with Temptation.... once you get past the "newness" of the cotton, it really tastes good.... dont care for the explosions tho, takes away from the serinity of the moment.

Huh , what explosions ?

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio

That's just the sounds of a happy coil.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
So here's a KFL question. When you connect the coil which side of the screw do you put it on? One side pulls the other pushes. I put it on the pull side or the 9:00 side. Either way the coil gets distorted a little. I've made a washer of sorts to go under the screw on one side as a test. It seems to do the job. But I made it from brass and it was a pain. I'm going to get a strip of SS and try it. The thing I'm trying to do is keep the coil from moving when you tighten it.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
So here's a KFL question. When you connect the coil which side of the screw do you put it on? One side pulls the other pushes. I put it on the pull side or the 9:00 side. Either way the coil gets distorted a little. I've made a washer of sorts to go under the screw on one side as a test. It seems to do the job. But I made it from brass and it was a pain. I'm going to get a strip of SS and try it. The thing I'm trying to do is keep the coil from moving when you tighten it.

I use the 9:00 side too, where the wire wraps with the direction the screw is turning. As for the distortion, I just give it a good squeeze, and live with the micro millimeter gap at the ends. ;)

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I do it clockwise:

P1010371-L.jpg

P1010376-L.jpg

If you wrap it the other direction (counter-clockwise), it tries to spit the wire out as you tighten down the screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread