The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Let's talk hardware

Discussion in 'The HHV Army' started by gthompson, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DavidOH

DavidOH Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Ohio
  2. Pappy

Pappy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    IA, that looks to be about the same size as a Reo. Is that correct?

3. MrPicC

MrPicC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2012
    Lone Star State
    uploadfromtaptalk1397968523484.jpg
    Smaller but fatter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

4. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Kinda like me.

5. Pappy

May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    Size looks great. But I'd have to have 2 of them because that battery would not last me all day. I think it said it's a 1200mah battery.

Plus, I saw that the DNA30 doesn't go below 4volts or 7 watts. Is that right? I vape my HCigar 3.1's below 4 volts all the time.

6. MrPicC

MrPicC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Never vaped it below 7watts so no idea on that. That's a mini so a standard would get you thru an entire day especially at say 8 watts. The green one in the photo lasts me days at 8.5. I should update my photos since I no longer even own the mini.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

7. DavidOH

DavidOH Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Ohio
    Recoiled the KFL just fun. Used .8 x 1mm ribbon came in at 1.6 ohms with a 5/6? wrap twisted. Let you know later how it goes after it gets broke in a little.

Well that didn't work out. Not sure where the problem was but couldn't get the vape the way I like it. May have been wrapped too big or not enough cotton. The coil kept popping bad. So for now I'll rewrap it with the .5 like I have been. Might revisit this at a later time.

8. Iowa Gal

Iowa Gal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Central Iowa
    Pappy I haven't given it a real workout yet this weekend...I've used it plenty at home but we've been out and about so much haven't vaped a lot. I'll have to report back once I've used it a few days. At some point I do plan to rebuild my KFL coils a little higher 2.2ohm or so to try that out..but have a minor injury (ripped finger nail down below cuticle) so won't be building coils for a few days.:laugh: I really do like the size/form factor and not having a bottom button to misfire when out and about.

9. Pappy

May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    Ouch on the finger nail. I smashed my thumb several months ago, and just lost the thumb nail this weekend.

10. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    were you able to find it??

11. Chakris

Chakris Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Wha... I only got two, the lite and the lite plus. But I do have the mini - a 3.1 would complete the set, though. :D

12. Chakris

Chakris Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Double ouch! But the Hana (?) is looking nice IG.

My last couple 30g coils came up to 2.4 & 2.5 ohm from my usual 1.3 - 1.5 ohm range. Of course I had to bring up the wattage (voltage) a bit too, but they're doing nicely on the KFL and KFMini. The KFLP has the .5 ribbon coil @ 1.6 ohm - lots of yumminess from that one. Only drawback is that it's loaded with one of Clay's NETs (Balkan) which gunks up pretty quick - can hardly get through a tankful before I have to take it apart and pull the cotton. :2cool:

13. Dusty_D

Dusty_D Original Guru Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Now you know why I find it so frustrating to vape the "heavy hitters" on the KFL. They seem to be made for the dripping crowd.

Balkan and Apache, two of my favourite heavy hitters require wick changing in around 2 - 3ml of juice (less than a day). In contrast, I can go a whole week with something like Huntsman or Darkhorse.

As a result, those heavy hitters are no longer in my circulation. :(

14. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I don't burn any of those gunkers in my KFL either. Those go in the drippers. Unlike Dust though, I can't go without them so they remain in my rotation. In fact, vaping some Apache in a Phoenix dripper on Neme right now. :)

15. Pappy

May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    I think I could go about 17 years with Heavenly Tobacco without changing wicks or dry burning the coil. ;) Ok, maybe only 13 years.

16. Pappy

May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    :laugh: Yes, as a matter of fact, it peeled off slicker than greased owl snot. And, lo and behold, there was a new thumbnail underneath.

It peeled off way down into the quick, and I thought it was gonna just be flesh down there.

17. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
  18. Bunnykiller

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    amazing what the body can do huh?? ;)

19. Bunnykiller

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    yup owl snot... but since its so rare, they made a synthetic version of it KY

20. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Will squirrel snot work? Have lots of them round here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.