Let's talk hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Speaking of drilling. I don't know about the rest of you but both my KFLs had drip tips that were loose. And I didn't like the small hole in it. So I put a #47 o-ring on to fix the wobble and being loose. Then I drilled out the end of it. Then used the dremel to shape and deburr the end. Both drip tips are now to my liking for the KFL.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Speaking of drilling. I don't know about the rest of you but both my KFLs had drip tips that were loose. And I didn't like the small hole in it. So I put a #47 o-ring on to fix the wobble and being loose. Then I drilled out the end of it. Then used the dremel to shape and deburr the end. Both drip tips are now to my liking for the KFL.

:interesting! I love my kfl drips and especially the black one but its to small a hole. I wonder if my 3/32 bit would do the trick. Don't have any other bits :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Chak if you want place an order and have them shipped to me and I'll mail them to you , they weigh next to nothing , shouldn't be a problem that way .

Thanks for the offer, Gary, I'll keep it in mind. I was thinking I'd order some accessories and send them to my daughter - I'd pick 'em up when I come out for the wedding. Also need some dry barley malt extract - after my Sourdough culture stabilises, I wanna try make some bagels, NY style! The local hops-shops here are a bit pricy as they have to import.

Right now Im using .5 but Ive also used .8

I just have a few wraps around doubled up cotton hemp yarn :)

Tapatalked from my LG-G2

Think I'll try the ribbon coil again on my next tank. Not that the vertical coils isn't working great, just bored... ;)
I also have .5 & .8 mm that needs to be put to use...

dropped the wife off at the Dr.s for her pre-op visit and then had 2 hrs to waste.... so I went to the local vape shop and picked up a 5$ 510 dripper. Best 5$ I have spent in a long time ( other than for beer). It looks like a Blu cartridge with the top missing and a 510 drip tip fits perfectly into it... :)
talk about pure clean flavor... and loads of nic to boot.
Also picked up an Igo-W for 14$, looks like Ill be facing another learning curve on this one. Not too highly impressed at the moment butonce I get the coils set up properly and the airflow where I like it, looks like dripping may be interesting to say the least...

Tried dripping with the KFMini and wasn't too impressed being tied to the bottle all the time. Papaw's got it right, squonking with a REO is the practical way to go!!! :toast:

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Whoa, just made a coil with .5mm ribbon round a 5/64 drill bit ⅞ wraps. It's clocking in at 1.6 ohms and with the wire pressed together like a micro-coil, it glows like a red-hot tube nice and even all the way across. lots of surface area for juice to vaporise! And at 10 watts Clay's Balkan heat extract is making my head spin - forgot how marvellous this juice was/is!!!

Using a cotton wick, btw. ;)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
:interesting! I love my kfl drips and especially the black one but its to small a hole. I wonder if my 3/32 bit would do the trick. Don't have any other bits :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

The EHPro clones I have took a 3/16 bit. Then used a Dremel to take the sharp edge off it. Just be careful how you hold it. I scored some marks in one because I didn't have the bit tight enough and it caught the tip and spun it. But without drilling them they were just going to set. If I was to do a black one I think I'd hold it by the base to protect the coating.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Whoa, just made a coil with .5mm ribbon round a 5/64 drill bit ⅞ wraps. It's clocking in at 1.6 ohms and with the wire pressed together like a micro-coil, it glows like a red-hot tube nice and even all the way across. lots of surface area for juice to vaporise! And at 10 watts Clay's Balkan heat extract is making my head spin - forgot how marvellous this juice was/is!!!

Using a cotton wick, btw. ;)

That's what I have going now only @ 1.2 ohm. Loaded with Serendipity at 4.5 volts. I have a 1.5 ohm in the other one but haven't filled it yet. I'm going to pick up some 8mm today so I can give that a try.

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I rewrapped the Igo-W with 2 coils of 30ga. came out to be .7 ohms and stuffed it with cotton wicking ( thats what the SVD told me) and tried it on my VaMech... ( my defunct Vamo3 modified)
Well lets just say 100VG 36nic Legend is as harsh as battery acid.... I havent coughed that much since I was smoking 2 PAD... maybe the nic level is too high ;)
It did produce alot of vapor tho... too much for my liking... think Ill bump the ohms back up to 1.2 or so and use it on the SVD.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I'm still partial to the black ones , I would like to put one on top a panzer blackhawk , it'd be an evil looking combination , probably good in a bar fight as well , those panzers are heavy mechs .
A provari mini would do you just as well - like having a roll of nickels in your fist!

POW!

MwSlim

Slumerican
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Livonia, MI
ga3aheqy.jpg

Tapatalked from my LG-G2

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
David I took my drill to the kayfun drip.. 3/32 makes a world of difference but I'm gonna take it a step or 2 further.. Want to make that sucka as big as it really is from the inside out..

Dave is that the real or the clone.. I hear they pretty similar.. If my hades wasn't a full ss polished I would of kept it.. Much prefer the brass brushed look.

MwSlim

Slumerican
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Livonia, MI
David I took my drill to the kayfun drip.. 3/32 makes a world of difference but I'm gonna take it a step or 2 further.. Want to make that sucka as big as it really is from the inside out..

Dave is that the real or the clone.. I hear they pretty similar.. If my hades wasn't a full ss polished I would of kept it.. Much prefer the brass brushed look.

Its a clone from the last group buy. It performs pretty damn well. Well worth the money

Tapatalked from my LG-G2

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio

It's the EHPro clone.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well my new toy arrived and I'm in love with it...was so excited to get the vapor skinz wrap today so I can play with it this weekend.. I will never use it to the full capacity but love the size and form factor of it.
View attachment 327748

IA is our bling expert. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread