Not open for further replies.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Anyone try the new z2.2 switch??

Yes and I'm not overly impressed with it. It's nice because it's really hard to make it fire by accident, but it's rough on my finger using it. The spring is really strong in mine, and the knurled edge is rough on skin. The other problem is the rounded brass screw doesn't perform all that well. I switched it out for a flat screw and performance improved dramatically.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
Yes and I'm not overly impressed with it. It's nice because it's really hard to make it fire by accident, but it's rough on my finger using it. The spring is really strong in mine, and the knurled edge is rough on skin. The other problem is the rounded brass screw doesn't perform all that well. I switched it out for a flat screw and performance improved dramatically.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

That's a good idea, where did you get a flat screw that fits?

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Im so confused. the new Z2.2 switch? Mine has no knurling. Its a long fire button. I cant even see how you could replace it. Or are we not talking about the ZNA right now?

The new Z2.2 switch is only for the Zenesis mechanical line of mods, It has nothing to do with the ZNA. I think people are getting confused about that

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
The new Z2.2 switch is only for the Zenesis mechanical line of mods, It has nothing to do with the ZNA. I think people are getting confused about that

Ok, that explains that. Being this is the ZNA thread I thought we were talking about the ZNA. Of course we can all talk about whatever we want but ya, Im always looking to upgrade things so that is how I got confused. All is clear now. Sounds like when I get a tube version I better find the previous switch.

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
Ok, that explains that. Being this is the ZNA thread I thought we were talking about the ZNA. Of course we can all talk about whatever we want but ya, Im always looking to upgrade things so that is how I got confused. All is clear now. Sounds like when I get a tube version I better find the previous switch.

The ZNA top cap and tubes are all Z2 threaded so if you have a bottom firing switch you could take the top cap and tube from the ZNA and make a mechanical mod. Essentially your just removing the DNA 30 chip from the equation.

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
My current main setup

zna+quasar.jpg

Snapdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada
A kayfun style on top of the zna is just a waste of power, You can have the same vaping experience with a provari for les than a half of the price

You could say that about any number of devices.

But for some it's not about the power, but more about form factor ;)

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
A kayfun style on top of the zna is just a waste of power, You can have the same vaping experience with a provari for les than a half of the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vape on my Kayfuns over 15 w all the time... something the Provari cannot do. You also can't sub ohm on a Provari. You don't have an simple and intuitive interface or do variable wattage either. The Provari is a good device (and I can't wait for the v3) but comparing it to a DNA 30 device is apples to oranges.

Last edited:

joaquingt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
San Francisco
I vape on my Kayfuns over 15 w all the time... something the Provari cannot do. You also can't sub ohm on a Provari. You don't have an simple and intuitive interface or do variable wattage either. The Provari is a good device (and I can't wait for the v3) but comparing it to a DNA 30 device is apples to oranges.

Waste of power you're using just 50% of it, i like my ZNA because I can sub ohm in a safe way. I like my kayfuns (not much really, just for portability) and you really can't sub ohm with them, kayfun style attys are not designed for sub ohm at 1.3 ohm works fine, the flavor is good but is not even fair to compare it against a genesis with mesh.

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
Waste of power you're using just 50% of it, i like my ZNA because I can sub ohm in a safe way. I like my kayfuns (not much really, just for portability) and you really can't sub ohm with them, kayfun style attys are not designed for sub ohm at 1.3 ohm works fine, the flavor is good but is not even fair to compare it against a genesis with mesh.

Maybe your not wicking your kayfuns right or something, I vape at .7-.1.0 and get gobs of vapor production and flavor (a ton more then when I use them at 1.3). I like gennys but that again is comparing apples to oranges they are totally different style of atomizers for totally different things. Because you like something better certainly doesn't mean that it is better than one thing or the other. Just means you like one thing better than another, thats all.

Last edited:

mariotenuta

Feb 15, 2014
MONTREAL
Hey Guys,
I have the chance to visit the ZFO Tuesday and pick up a granite ZNA and an Lite. It will be a total of 12 hours to drive and Im going to need to seel my Cartel. Im not much of a sub ohm guy . (usually go as low as .7-1.2) . I already have one regular ZNA. My question to you is do you think it is worth getting rid of the Cartel and driving 12 hours for to pick up the granite or am I making a mistake since I already have a ZNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread