Lets talk ZNA 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am leaning towards a Hana as well, while they may not be as sexy as a ZNA, and not cheap either, although still $40 less.

They aren't super easy to find but they can be found.

It is sad really, the ZNA could have been one of the biggest products in recent vaping history, all they needed to do was make it available for purchase!

Seems like the ZNA will be destined to become another elitist mod only available to people with connections, obsessives, or the lottery winners who snag one online.

I have zero confidence in their ability to produce enough to satisfy a quarter of the demand. With the number of new and advancing vapers out there, it's only going to get worse I fear.

It's like the Sega Dreamcast, Prometheus, or Waterworld, something so epic squandered by horrific logistics. Functionally, to me, it is VAPORWARE, no pun intended, it might as well not even exist.

ZNA ULTRAFAIL!
The release schedule for the ZNA is as follows: 1000 units first month, 1000 units second month, 500 units each month after that as necessary to meet demand. You have to take into consideration the cost of developing and manufacturing in mind. The cost to manufacture alone is around $180 per unit, now multiply by 1000. Perhaps it would be wise to actually consult the source before making such broad assumptions of 'limited' availability. just sayin'

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I've seen plenty of people who have paid attention to when electronicstix puts them up have been able to snag one. I got one on day 2 myself with no special trickery, just added it to my cart and purchased. There will quite literally be thousands available for those that aren't fickle enough to jump ship on a beautifully manufactured PV when they can't get it the second they desire it. That may constitute a "fail" in your world of instant gratification, but it certainly doesn't make the device a failure by any means. I haven't put it down except to sleep since I got it, and don't think I will be anytime soon. It performs flawlessly, and is a Godsend for those of us with hand issues. The button on this is the easiest thing to press I've ever held, and the locking feature makes it safe to pocket as well. Your public dissing due to not being immediately available to you just comes off as the sour stench of jealousy TBH.

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Yeah the ZNA can be got......... If you live in the Rochester area.

Or if you just know how ENS shopping cart system works (which they've publicly explained) and do a little planning. I've nabbed a standard and an LDE (the LDE was immediately forwarded to a friend). Two separate transactions a week apart.

It's not really lottery, or "obsessiveness" If you want one now, you sit it out and wait and F5 (via your preferred method) like everyone else, or just wait a little while until there's plenty in stock. Which isn't that far off, unlike what you apparently think.

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
....I love mine, and no real issues since I started using it. all the buttons work fine, and by the way...the 'return' for the main firing button, IS a magnet ;)

...with my rose-gold and gunmetal Z2 atty's...
20140202_231208.jpg
20140202_232231.jpg

...with my Z2 carto tank
20140202_231308.jpg

...with my 2 Steam Monkey Link RDA's...
20140202_231448.jpg
20140202_231343.jpg

iz2sick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Burbs of Detroit
The liability issue makes sense. He should have just said that.

But no, I'm not way off base for thinking that he came off arrogant. He called sub-ohming stupid. Sorry, that's pretty arrogant in my book.

And it's not like I was in there promoting sub-ohming. I saw misinformation about ohm's law calculations and misinformation about batteries. Then we have Zen himself and others in his group telling people that they don't need to check their resistance. Just wrap a coil according the number of suggested wraps and vape. That's pretty bad advice to give. Sure, might be okay for his regulated mods to do that, but it's a terrible idea if people start using this practice on their other devices... particularly mechs... and isn't the Z2 a mech?

I'm not really flaming Zen's products. I'm not really flaming him. I'm just being open about what occurred and how it affected me as a potential customer. But hey, he does make great quality devices. I would never deny that. It's just not fun having a modder basicallly call you stupid based on misinformation and having all the fans of his follow suit in the bashing of sub-ohmers.

As for sub-ohming blowing up in your face... let me remind everyone that while going really low on resistances is an increased risk undoubtedly, many battery failures and even explosions have happened to normal resistance vapers. All of us are at equal risk of having a short. Short is bad news no matter what resistance you built a coil. Then we have all the normal resistance vapers that stack batteries, shove them in their pockets or carrying pouches without a protective case, or overcharging their egos. So many battery failures have occurred and continue to occur.

Bottom line is, learn about the batteries. Choose Safe Chem or Hybrid, high continuous amperage batteries and be safer. .5 ohms at 4 volts (you won't get a full 4 volts on a mech with resistances this low) is 8 amps. Sony VTC4 hybrid safe chem batteries are 30amp continuous. With this setup, you are only running at 27% of the Sony's continuous amp limits. If you have a 1.3 ohm coil and are using a higher mAh 10a continuous battery and 4 volts, you are using 30% of the limit. So in this scenario, which is very common mind you, the higher resistance vaper is actually at more risk than the sub-ohmer.

The everyday higher resistance vaper uses batteries rated at 10a or even less because they go for the higher mAh rather than higher amp.

This is the type of correction I was trying to make in that group. But nope, I got shut down.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
You're not reading ALL of what he said. He said he didn't want anyone PROMOTING sub ohming on a mech mod in any of his groups. He doesn't want the liability. Pushing the batteries is an increased risk, PERIOD.

People using SS mesh or the readyXwick on a Z2 device with the included 32g kanthal at 4-6 wraps are not going to get a sub ohm coil unless they're doing something stupid. THAT is the only thing recommended on these devices. If you're using it outside the recommendations of the manufacturer, then that's on YOU. Mike does not want anything other than the intended use to be promoted. That's not arrogance, that's responsible.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Here's the post, I think it's pretty damn clear:

OK, let's get something straight... this is a group of people that use Zenesis PVs... it is NOT a place to debate the safety of sub-ohming with mechanical PVs... for the purposes of this group, sub-ohming with mechanical PVs is assumed to be dangerous and it is not open for debate. ANY post in support of sub-ohming with mechanical PVs will be subject to removal. Defending posts which have been removed will get you unceremoniously eliminated from the group. If support of sub-ohming with mechs continues to be a trend in this group I will ask the group owner to eliminate the group entirely. If you wish to have a place to openly debate sub-ohming then create a sub-ohm discussion group and invite people to join you there where YOU are responsible for the liability of promoting the activity. This is NOT open for debate.... Zen~

iz2sick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Burbs of Detroit
Here's the post, I think it's pretty damn clear:

On the same status update in the comments.

"so... this is turning into a sub-ohm discussion again... let's knock it off... we won't antagonize them by promoting safety if they don't antagonize us by promoting stupidity... sounds good? GOOD!"

So technically, I did read ALL of what he said. Literally.

And your comment is a prime example of why I tried to discuss the matter over there. Do you honestly think I'm only talking about sub-ohming when I say it's bad to tell someone to just vape a setup without checking resistance after suggesting a number of wraps? You can have a SHORT. No way to know if you have a short if you don't meter it first or just fire it away.

That to me is dangerous advice to give.

See, I try to be civil and speak my mind peacefully. I get jumped on by people on that page and now on here. Actually, you're on that page so we will consider that one in the same.

It's like heresy to say anything remotely negative about Zen or his products. It only pushes people like me further away from his products. I'm not the only one that feels this way.

iz2sick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Burbs of Detroit
I don't want to derail this thread any more than I already have. I admit, I was a bit irritated by Zen's comment. I try my very best to educate my fellow vapers and help out whenever I can. Mountain of questions answered. Never once did I suggest sub-ohming to an inexperienced vaper. I always push for battery knowledge first.

But what do I know? I'm just promoting stupidity right?

No hard feelings with any of you. None with Zen either. He's an outstanding businessman and as I've said... he knows how to make some quality products. Vape on and be safe regardless of what resistance you vape!

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
As a host on a "vaping show" I push battery safety above doing anything else but I see far too many irresponsible {new} vapers telling other very new vapers to "go sub ohm" without defining what it is, what it can do or how to do it safely.
Zen and I have talked about about this on the interviews we've done. {interviews between Mike & I run 3-5 hours!}
I do believe for him and many of us it is all about being safe in the way that you choose to vape.
Kudos to you for promoting battery safety above "cloud chasing".
I am a sub ohm vaper usually but I don't talk about it in his group or do it with Zenesis devices for the most part.
C.B.

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
Jealousy, no. Frustration and disappointment in an unnecessarily difficult launch, yes.

I don't see how this is doing anything but encouraging flipping, again, if they were available no one would pay a dollar over MSRP, let alone double.

I don't see why they can't just wait until there is a decent stock to post them, at least 100 units, so it is not a game of seconds. I've got one in the cart 4 times just to have it disappear when I hit checkout a millisecond later. I shouldn't have to devote 12 hours a day to camping a website to get one, and even then I don't get one. It's easy to say they ain't hard to get when you are holding one.

If it's no big deal to get one, why don't you sell me yours at cost then? Yeah didn't think so.

As for the sub-ohm issue, if "his lawyers won't allow it" why is he releasing a mod basically made to support builds down to 0.5ohms? With an 18490 no less? I think the issue was discussing sub-ohming with mech mods. Not sure where you are getting info on what his lawyers are saying.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
It seems this thread is starting to go in a different direction.. Its annoying being subscribed to a thread were people are just arguing back and fourth about a mod/modder..

Here is how it works...

The fact that there are only so many units available from time to time is a VERY smart idea! You put something out there that is hard to find/purchase then people are just going to want and want it more! Very smart move if you ask me! It may be that or it may be that Evolv cannot keep up with providing the chips for the ZNA? Also, The reason why Zen hasn't just unloaded a few thousand all at once is because he is still a rather small business, Even though he has a shop/workers doesn't mean he can pump these things out as fast as walmart. So the fact that you cannot just go on a website and order it i think is a good move! Look what happened to the Chi-You ( and many others ) once it became available everywhere? Enough said...

As for you people rambling on and on about the whole sub ohm thing.. I think its smart.. VERY smart that Zen has a lawyer and his lawyer may or may not be telling him to stay away from sub ohm stuff.. Think about it, You own and produce a device, Some idiot kid goes home and builds some dangerous Sub ohm coil, vapes on it and then the ZNA blows up in his face... Guess who that kid or that kids parents OR the media/government is gonna wanna blame?? ZEN! Not the stupid kid or anyone else, Thats not how the world works anymore, People like to blame others for there stupid mistakes these days.. So if anything were to happen, It would be Zen's fault..Thats just how this world works now, open your eyes.. If your making this many devices and are this deep into the business as Zen is, Then if you DONT have a lawyer, I would consider you not so bright.

What else??? Oh and for those of you who are complaining about Not wanting a ZNA or your don't care about the ZNA and blah blah blah.. Then why the hell are you subscribed to this thread anyways? You know damn well you want one! :D

Oh and BTW, I want one now! :D:D:D

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
The next round of ZNA's coming out should have the DNA30 chip,correct?? Anyone know when the next round will be up on electronicstix??

All ZNAs have the dna30.. ENS puts them online as they receive then so there isn't no set day or time or quantity.. I check out there FB that seems the best way to know when they get them. It's still tough to get one though.. A fun challenge!

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Think about it, You own and produce a device, Some idiot kid goes home and builds some dangerous Sub ohm coil, vapes on it and then the ZNA blows up in his face... Guess who that kid or that kids parents OR the media/government is gonna wanna blame?? ZEN! Not the stupid kid or anyone else, Thats not how the world works anymore, People like to blame others for there stupid mistakes these days.. So if anything were to happen, It would be Zen's fault..Thats just how this world works now, open your eyes.. .

Thats exactly how Smith and Wesson went out of buisness......some one shoots someone...they got blamed....the idiots won. (they have since been bought by Taurus).......Just cruising this thread and saw this..... Carry on..;)

joeaux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Central Florida
plus.google.com
It's worth it. Was a hassle I admit. But totally worth waiting for. The ZNA is a beauty. Very well made. Should last a long time. I watched the ENS facebook page and as soon as I saw they were available just clicked the "add to cart", went straight to checkout and got one. Missed the first time around but like maf2k8 said, "a fun challenge". :)

ZNA-Kayfun.jpg

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Thats exactly how Smith and Wesson went out of buisness......some one shoots someone...they got blamed....the idiots won. (they have since been bought by Taurus).......Just cruising this thread and saw this..... Carry on..;)

I don't mean that in a ignorant way but everyone knows that's exactly how it works..

joeaux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Central Florida
plus.google.com
What do you think of the form factor? Is it heavy?

It's very comfortable to hold in your hand. Fits well. Heavy, yup, real heavy. But most of Zens stuff is. It's all 316 stainless. But I like a good solid heavy feeling mod. If you have a Provari, it's that same sensation only heavier. Put an 18360 Z2 tube on it and it's heavier still but believe it or not the tube sticking out slightly is perfect to rest your pinky on. And the thing will still stand up on its own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread