Problem with new Dragon M401 atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
Alright, I've opened a support ticket at Truesmoker. I don't know what could be done about it though. I should get my two, new atties early next week, so I'm hoping that those work for a while.

I figure, since I only have an issue with one atty, there's no point in sending it back and having to smoke analogs until I get it back. Make due with what you have, I suppose. :|

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
If you ask intellicig, they will probably say they are not Smoore, I'm pretty sure of that. They look the same, smell the same and, well, I'll leave the rest to you :) When I spoke to them they also said that they might look the same but are different under the hood. On a multi meter they have the same resistance so maybe its MAGIC that's missing.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
If you ask intellicig, they will probably say they are not Smoore, I'm pretty sure of that. They look the same, smell the same and, well, I'll leave the rest to you :) When I spoke to them they also said that they might look the same but are different under the hood. On a multi meter they have the same resistance so maybe its MAGIC that's missing.

LOL, I like magic though.... The magic would probably add a strange taste anyway. Thank you Liberty for all of your helpful responses. My batteries are starting to go downhill now though.... What's with my luck? Everyone else seems to love their M401's.... :(

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Aren't the atties the same if they're both Smoore? I can't see a difference, besides distributor loyalty.

well I didn't say hey go buy an EVO so it has nothing to do with distributor loyalty. It was a simple statement at the end of the rest of my post just stating that was the only 40x experience I have had.

Really that was the only pretty much insignificant part of my post. ;)

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
We've had problems with our M401 Dragon and Phoenix kits from TrueSmoker. We pre-ordered and just received them about 4-6 weeks ago. So far I've had both my Dragon batteries and the charger go totally dead. Then one of my wife's Phoenix batteries died. Atomizers seem fine. JD has replaced everything but I'm wondering if the problem isn't with his newest shipment. I have pre-owned Dragon batteries and attys I bought off the forum classifieds and they are doing fine.
I don't know if his kits are Smoore or not. Since our problems I've been ordering batteries and atomizers from Shawn at LiteCigUSA. He promotes the fact that his M-series cigs are Smoore.

(Just checked TrueSmoker board and JD says on there that his M-series stock is Smoore. Now I have no idea what the problem has been with our kits.)

Last edited:

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
well I didn't say hey go buy an EVO so it has nothing to do with distributor loyalty. It was a simple statement at the end of the rest of my post just stating that was the only 40x experience I have had.

Really that was the only pretty much insignificant part of my post. ;)

I do respect your reply, but I wasn't poking at you, FYI. I was just a tad confused, is all. I might order some atties from them in the future. One atty going out on me isn't worth having to wait to get a new kit in the mail. Last time, my lungs hated me for it.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
We've had problems with our M401 Dragon and Phoenix kits from TrueSmoker. We pre-ordered and just received them about 4-6 weeks ago. So far I've had both my Dragon batteries and the charger go totally dead. Then one of my wife's Phoenix batteries died. Atomizers seem fine. JD has replaced everything but I'm wondering if the problem isn't with his newest shipment. I have pre-owned Dragon batteries and attys I bought off the forum classifieds and they are doing fine.
I don't know if his kits are Smoore or not. Since our problems I've been ordering batteries and atomizers from Shawn at LiteCigUSA. He promotes the fact that his M-series cigs are Smoore.

(Just checked TrueSmoker board and JD says on there that his M-series stock is Smoore. Now I have no idea what the problem has been with our kits.)

Well, I am pretty new to vaping, so there might lie a problem in my drags, IDK. Maybe I'm too hard on the atty? I try to be careful. There's such thing as trial and error in this department; am I right? :confused:

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
Just an FYI. Here is a meter some others were pointing to in an atty testing thread. I doubt you can get on for less. $3.99. I know nothing about this meter except its cheap.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Multimeter

I've read up on the forum and people say it's good for what you pay for, especially if you only want it for atomizers. Thanks for the heads up though. :thumbs:

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
I bought the Dragon kit from Truesmoker as well. One atty died on me, but it was probably new user error :). The other atty is working like a champ. I have noticed that if you dip/drip alot, the emtpy mouth peice attached to the atty slowly loosens from the constant pulling on and off. A fresh empty mouthpeice makes the draw much easier IMO.

I tried to bring the other atty back to life with no success. Oh well, I'm sorry about your bad luck. JD will help you out.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
I bought the Dragon kit from Truesmoker as well. One atty died on me, but it was probably new user error :). The other atty is working like a champ. I have noticed that if you dip/drip alot, the emtpy mouth peice attached to the atty slowly loosens from the constant pulling on and off. A fresh empty mouthpeice makes the draw much easier IMO.

I tried to bring the other atty back to life with no success. Oh well, I'm sorry about your bad luck. JD will help you out.

Well, I have bad luck with JD's atties. I got my 2 atties from LiteCigs today and this 1st one works better than I thought possible; it doesn't even heat up as much. I tried to bring them back to life as well, but they are stone cold dead. :( I'm as happy as a tornado in a trailer park now. :D

sammeedog

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
NJ
I'm new here and I feel jinxed. I got my Phoenix 2 weeks before Christmas, and my daughter got the dragon 2 days afterwards. I'm on my 4th atty, they are just dying out on me. TS is sending me one, that I contacted about, when it first happened. Do I dare email back and say they are all bad? My daughter is still doing ok with her dragon. I tried soaking 2 of mine over night. They don't even heat up. They just light up, and that's it. Guess I better go out and buy another pack as a backup, gotta baby this one til the mail comes tomorrow.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I'm new here and I feel jinxed. I got my Phoenix 2 weeks before Christmas, and my daughter got the dragon 2 days afterwards. I'm on my 4th atty, they are just dying out on me. TS is sending me one, that I contacted about, when it first happened. Do I dare email back and say they are all bad? My daughter is still doing ok with her dragon. I tried soaking 2 of mine over night. They don't even heat up. They just light up, and that's it. Guess I better go out and buy another pack as a backup, gotta baby this one til the mail comes tomorrow.

Not trying to be a jerk at all here..but have you sat with your daughter to see if maybe there is something you are doing differently than she is?

Sometimes these things ( e-cigs in general) do take a little getting accustomed to in order to use them properly.

sammeedog

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
NJ
Not trying to be a jerk at all here..but have you sat with your daughter to see if maybe there is something you are doing differently than she is?

Sometimes these things ( e-cigs in general) do take a little getting accustomed to in order to use them properly.

Not at all, she's not the one burning them out, I am, lol. But that's why I posted. User error is common in anything. I learned how to roll a pack of smokes in 3 minutes with trial and error, so I can beat this too. I've been careful trying not to overfill, if I taste any, I immediately stop and clean out the cartridge, making sure the stuffing is sitting right. I'm not sure about the first burnout, but the following ones, there has been some sort heat problem before it happened, a few hours or the night before, it would get really hot. It hasn't run dry and I let it cool down at the first feel of the heat.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
Not at all, she's not the one burning them out, I am, lol. But that's why I posted. User error is common in anything. I learned how to roll a pack of smokes in 3 minutes with trial and error, so I can beat this too. I've been careful trying not to overfill, if I taste any, I immediately stop and clean out the cartridge, making sure the stuffing is sitting right. I'm not sure about the first burnout, but the following ones, there has been some sort heat problem before it happened, a few hours or the night before, it would get really hot. It hasn't run dry and I let it cool down at the first feel of the heat.

You say your being careful to not overfill..
Make sure to keep the atomizer wet, it running dry can cause them to die really, really quickly. So make sure it gets plenty of liquid. I prefer to err on the side of too much than not enough.

One possible cause that might explain it...

sammeedog

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
NJ
And the taste goes downhill too. I take the foam piece out and put the drops in, stuff it back add a couple more, and than pull up on the stuffing leaving it even, with the inner cartridge. It is supposed to be even (flush)?

Now if I can overcome this atty problem, this is definitely a winner. No more extortion, oops excise taxes.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
When the taste starts to go downhill add more liquid. The 401 cart is small so it doesn't hold much.
You could also try dipping and see if it improves.. They are lovely that way.
Just take a bit of liquid and dip the bridge into it, it will suck up just the right amount. You should get around 5-8 puff's roughly per dip depending on how you draw.

sammeedog

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
NJ
When the taste starts to go downhill add more liquid. The 401 cart is small so it doesn't hold much.
You could also try dipping and see if it improves.. They are lovely that way.
Just take a bit of liquid and dip the bridge into it, it will suck up just the right amount. You should get around 5-8 puff's roughly per dip depending on how you draw.

Wow,you just put my mind at ease. I've been doing just that, constantly refilling that cartridge. Thought it was just me being a smoke fiend. But I will keep a closer eye on things to make sure I'm keeping it wet. I will try the dipping while at home to see how that does. It'll probably be easier too. I may have to grab a pass thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread