Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
This is my expected inbound liquor portion of my 4th of July spending frenzy:

FA Gin
FA Jamaican Rum
FA Whiskey
FA Wine Champagne
FA Liquid Amber (hoping for the brandy mentioned in the video)
FLV Rum Raisin (Raisin Rum?)
FLV Bourbon
TFA Kentucky Bourbon
VTA Bourbon
VTA Light Rum
VTA Scotch Whiskey (And, yes you scotch snobs; they spell it with an "e." Get over it!;))
WF Champagne Soda
FW Pink Champagne
FW Martini (hoping for the dry vermouth mentioned in the video)
FW Tequila

When those come in, I will have to find my old bottle of TFA Mojito, and dust it off. I don't think I ever remembered to crack that one open. :rolleyes:

Then, I am going to have to find my Big Boy pants, and put them on. I am going to have a whole lotta testing to do <he said in is worst Ricky Ricardo voice>! Something is telling me that this is going to be a multi-month project. :facepalm::D

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
lol....

"VT Gold Rum Tastes like watered down Barbeque sauce"

uh-ohhhh
Now Imma skeered to try this :lol:

VT Light Rum is great! Some true booziness which seems rare. FA Jamaican Special is good but lacks the boozy flavor. I mix 1% FA with 1% VT Light for a great rum flavor.

You are not the first person to describe VT's Golden Rum as watered down Barbecue sauce. I maybe not open my little bottle. :eek: How could they go so wrong? First, they ruin a decently fizzy champagne by adding that artificial Blood Orange and now this. When they get it right, they get it nearly perfect, when they get it wrong, the failure is massive.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    This is my expected inbound liquor portion of my 4th of July spending frenzy:

FA Gin
    FA Jamaican Rum
    FA Whiskey
    FA Wine Champagne
    FA Liquid Amber (hoping for the brandy mentioned in the video)
    FLV Rum Raisin (Raisin Rum?)
    FLV Bourbon
    TFA Kentucky Bourbon
    VTA Bourbon
    VTA Light Rum
    VTA Scotch Whiskey (And, yes you scotch snobs; they spell it with an "e." Get over it!;))
    WF Champagne Soda
    FW Pink Champagne
    FW Martini (hoping for the dry vermouth mentioned in the video)
    FW Tequila

When those come in, I will have to find my old bottle of TFA Mojito, and dust it off. I don't think I ever remembered to crack that one open. :rolleyes:

Then, I am going to have to find my Big Boy pants, and put them on. I am going to have a whole lotta testing to do <he said in is worst Ricky Ricardo voice>! Something is telling me that this is going to be a multi-month project. :facepalm::D
    Where did you find the FW Martini?

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    You are not the first person to describe VT's Golden Rum as watered down Barbecue sauce.

Ohhhh - no, those aren't my words !
    That is from the link that was posted about liquor flavors.

I sure hope it's wrong !

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I've yet to try the Blood Orange

According to at least one UK reviewer, the artificial orange candy-like sweetness recedes and the champagne comes through after a 22 day steep. It has been approximately 2 weeks since I mixed the champagne testers, so I will test it again after I get to Seattle. Maybe there is hope for this after all.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I just moved my flavors to another room because I had a video chat with a person seeking a nanny.

LOL, I hadn't labelled them yet and the tray tipped over so NOW they're all mystery flavors for a bit (I was like, I'll do it when everything I rinsed of dried). LOL.

Some of them are really weird, too, Although, I WILL say, most of them tasted okay, so there's THAT.

At least it went well, I TAKE my VICTORIES where I find them ATM. I hope I don't adore ONE above all others, it would suck if I didn't know what it is.

I labelled them (now) to the best of my abilities, but man I am just a Fail in All Areas. Although I really liked this chick who needed nannying, so there's that. Perhaps, that may be all I am good for. Heh.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    According to at least one UK reviewer, the artificial orange candy-like sweetness recedes and the champagne comes through after a 22 day steep. It has been approximately 2 weeks since I mixed the champagne testers, so I will test it again after I get to Seattle. Maybe there is hope for this after all.
    At what % did you mix your tester?

Reactions: IDJoel

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Any discussing flavour recommendation?

Some, yes, when one of us tries Vape Train flavors. They haven't been available in the US for very long, so not as many mixers are familiar with them. A great place to get wonderful info on Vape Train flavors in on the Chefs Flavours FaceBook page:
    Chefs Flavours - The Kitchen

In the file section are some wonderful documents with flavor notes and more.

Just realized we aren't in the VTA thread anymore so you probably weren't even referring to VT flavors. Flavor recommendations all over the DIY sub-forum so keep reading. :)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I have testers mixed up to single flavor test my boozy flavors but might just skip straight to this. All you need to know about the liquor flavors available.

Noted: Ep. 55 – Liquors and Booze – DIY OR DIE Vaping
    PJ, the "barbeque" comment came from the video link you shared (quoted above). It is also the video that made me want to try the FW Martini. One of the discussion panel said it tasted like a decent dry vermouth. If it does, I can see that having some mixing potential.

Sadly; they didn't say anything about FW Tequila, so I don't know what to expect on that one. I remain hopeful.:)
    Where did you find the FW Martini?
    Fran, I could only find it at Nicotine Giant (the new face of old RTS). I got both the FW tequila (the only tequila concentrate I could find anywhere), and the FW Martini from NG.:D

(I did see the Tequila at ECX; but they didn't have the Martini)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    PJ, the "barbeque" comment came from the video link you shared (quoted above). It is also the video that made me want to try the FW Martini. One of the discussion panel said it tasted like a decent dry vermouth. If it does, I can see that having some mixing potential.

Sadly; they didn't say anything about FW Tequila, so I don't know what to expect on that one. I remain hopeful.:)

Fran, I could only find it at Nicotine Giant (the new face of old RTS). I got both the FW tequila (the only tequila concentrate I could find anywhere), and the FW Martini from NG.:D

(I did see the Tequila at ECX; but they didn't have the Martini)
    Thanks. I couldn't find that anywhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread