Not open for further replies.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
PJ, the "barbeque" comment came from the video link you shared (quoted above).

Yes, I remembered that but thought maybe @classwife had tested it. I was going through my testers last night deciding which I could safely toss and which I needed to keep for a further steep and decided to try the VTA Golden Rum. It tastes like lightly spiced watery ketchup. :blink: FIgured I would keep it and see how it tastes after a month-long steep.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Yes, I remembered that but thought maybe @classwife had tested it. I was going through my testers last night deciding which I could safely toss and which I needed to keep for a further steep and decided to try the VTA Golden Rum. It tastes like lightly spiced watery ketchup. :blink: FIgured I would keep it and see how it tastes after a month-long steep.

Well, not sure if I even want to make a test bottle of it now - ick !!!!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Liquors, liqueurs, and wine can add a certain flavor to an e-liquid, just as they can to foods. I don't drink either. I haven't had a drink in 15 years but I do cook with alcohol and am finding I like certain flavors in e-liquid. Not all but I haven't come across a juice yet that was hurt by the addition of FW Pink Champagne. :D

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I want to get the VTA Light Rum in a mix. I've had it for awhile.

It is very good. I like it half and half with the FA Jamaican Special. The VTA Golden Rum is not good. The recipes I have used rum in are rather sweet so I don't have any recommendations that you would like. I use it in Pineapple Basil Rum Fizz and in Piña Colada.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I read about the Gold Rum. Barbecue sauce? LOL I have the VTA Rum (not light) in the recipe now. It's not very sweet.

It tastes more like watery ketchup to me. My boozy flavor testers have been steeping for weeks. Hopefully, I can find time to test them over the weekend. Maybe that barbecue sauce/ketchup flavor steeps out. I will let you know. :D

Reactions: FranC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread