listing side by side mods

green.on.green

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
India
You won't get any argument from us posters in this thread... once you go side by side you can't go back
So true.. I am on a hunt for a great adorable side by side but there are hardly any being sold..

Squank mods seem to be the new side by side but they really aren't my thing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
side2.jpg

My newest side by side

Mar 3, 2018
Hello vapers outthere!

I recently started vaping again (I vaped for almost 3 years then I fell into cigarettes again cause I moved to Dubai where it is illegal, I’m a month free of cig again).
My last vape was a subtank mini and Gizmo, I had all the Joyetech’s Egrips.

I am a mouth to lung vaper and I love the hits to my throat.
I bought a kayfun prime and a tesla stealth(actually i bought all the 3 versions except for the mini). It’s a small vape but still too big as it bulges my pocket even with the Tesla 40w.

I bought a kayfun v3 mini. It is 19mm in diameter and I am looking for a side by side mod to go with it. Tesla Stealth would be fine but still, if there is a smaller mod that can go with it and if it accomodates a 18650 battery and variable wattage aswell would be great.

Gizmo 20mm is fantastic but the proble is that the company closed and it is not a variable wattage device.
Athena EnVy17 I read in another post that would be able to accomodate the v3mini but the looks is horrible. It looks so cheap.

If you guys can tell me what would be the best for my kayfun v3 mini and post some photos Id love you.

P.S. I don’t like pen style mods or even small mods where the tank sits on top, like the target mini that I bought, I want to cover it with all my hand so that it can be stealthy and portable.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hello vapers outthere!

I recently started vaping again (I vaped for almost 3 years then I fell into cigarettes again cause I moved to Dubai where it is illegal, I’m a month free of cig again).

I bought a kayfun prime and a tesla stealth(actually i bought all the 3 versions except for the mini). It’s a small vape but still too big as it bulges my pocket even with the Tesla 40w.

I bought a kayfun v3 mini. It is 19mm in diameter and I am looking for a side by side mod to go with it. Tesla Stealth would be fine but still, if there is a smaller mod that can go with it and if it accomodates a 18650 battery and variable wattage aswell would be great.

Gizmo 20mm is fantastic but the proble is that the company closed and it is not a variable wattage device.
Athena EnVy17 I read in another post that would be able to accomodate the v3mini but the looks is horrible. It looks so cheap.

If you guys can tell me what would be the best for my kayfun v3 mini and post some photos Id love you.

P.S. I don’t like pen style mods or even small mods where the tank sits on top, like the target mini that I bought, I want to cover it with all my hand so that it can be stealthy and portable.

Hola, Francisco.

In the side-by-side style, with an 18650, I believe the Tesla and Knight V2 may be as small as you can go. I also believe that the original XvoStick is slightly smaller, but much more expensive (and very tough to find).

You found the best thread for answers though, and I'd await word from others. I've not stayed totally locked in to the options because I already have what I want/need.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide. :)

WiSK

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
The Netherlands

I'm still using my Gizmos. Only thing I needed to do was occasionally re-seat the brass connector bar. I remove it completely, clean the base plate and use hot-glue gun to fix it back in place.

To make it variable wattage I use a Kick2 and Subtank Nano. The 1.2ohm vertical coils are still available and using highish PG liquid for stealth, like 65/35.

Last year Aspire ordered some new generation 18350 cells from their sister company Shenzhen YongDeLi. They were sold as 1300 mAh, but then discontinued. Keeppower and Vapcell picked up the remaining production from YongDeLi and you can find them on AliExpress. Keeppower calls them 1200mAh and Vapcell calls them 1100mAh but they have been tested as the same cell. (see Keeppower 18350 1200mAh UH1835P (Black) 2017 and Vapcell INR18350 1100mAh (Purple)).

These new tiny batteries are just as long-lasting as the old red AW 18490s. With the Kick2 you can use them right down to empty.

Reactions: aikanae1
Mar 3, 2018
Hola, Francisco.

In the side-by-side style, with an 18650, I believe the Tesla and Knight V2 may be as small as you can go. I also believe that the original XvoStick is slightly smaller, but much more expensive (and very tough to find).

You found the best thread for answers though, and I'd await word from others. I've not stayed totally locked in to the options because I already have what I want/need.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide. :)

Even the last xvostick is difficult to find and you need to order it and God knows when it will arrive but then again, almost same size as my Tesla Stealth 70w. Dont care though about watts as I vape at 10-15w due to higher ohm coils.

• Agree
Mar 3, 2018
I'm still using my Gizmos. Only thing I needed to do was occasionally re-seat the brass connector bar. I remove it completely, clean the base plate and use hot-glue gun to fix it back in place.

To make it variable wattage I use a Kick2 and Subtank Nano. The 1.2ohm vertical coils are still available and using highish PG liquid for stealth, like 65/35.

Last year Aspire ordered some new generation 18350 cells from their sister company Shenzhen YongDeLi. They were sold as 1300 mAh, but then discontinued. Keeppower and Vapcell picked up the remaining production from YongDeLi and you can find them on AliExpress. Keeppower calls them 1200mAh and Vapcell calls them 1100mAh but they have been tested as the same cell. (see Keeppower 18350 1200mAh UH1835P (Black) 2017 and Vapcell INR18350 1100mAh (Purple)).

These new tiny batteries are just as long-lasting as the old red AW 18490s. With the Kick2 you can use them right down to empty.

It is so hard to find a Gizmo, especially the 20mm that I wanted.
I contacted Gizmo Mods but they say the closed 2 years ago so I would need to find it used wich is virtually impossible.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Even the last xvostick is difficult to find and you need to order it and God knows when it will arrive but then again, almost same size as my Tesla Stealth 70w. Dont care though about watts as I vape at 10-15w due to higher ohm coils.

Same wattage range as me. I didn't know Chels was accepting orders for the later version again. That's good to hear! The last I saw it was that other button - the "interest" one (or whatever it was).

I don't want one (I have two of the originals), but for folks looking... THANKS for the heads up! :thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It is so hard to find a Gizmo, especially the 20mm that I wanted.
I contacted Gizmo Mods but they say the closed 2 years ago so I would need to find it used wich is virtually impossible.

If they had released a regulated version, I'd have gotten two.

I hate Kicks (sorry, Kick lovers).

Mar 3, 2018
Same wattage range as me. I didn't know Chels was accepting orders for the later version again. That's good to hear! The last I saw it was that other button - the "interest" one (or whatever it was).

I don't want one (I have two of the originals), but for folks looking... THANKS for the heads up! :thumbs:

Yes they do in their site. When you order they ask you how many you want and what models then they ll email you when it is available. I think they will wait to have a good batch to make then theyll make it altogether then theyll send it. They said it takes at least 40 days for European countries, and that’s only shipping . Manufacturing they cant tell you a precise date.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Hello vapers outthere!

Sounds a lot like you're really looking for a Billet Box... not quite a Side By Side, but small and stealthy with a full range of functions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yes they do in their site. When you order they ask you how many you want and what models then they ll email you when it is available. I think they will wait to have a good batch to make then theyll make it altogether then theyll send it. They said it takes at least 40 days for European countries, and that’s only shipping . Manufacturing they cant tell you a precise date.

Based on my previous experiences with them, I'd say their "projections" are... (trying to think of a kind word)...

"Loose". ;)

Mar 3, 2018
At home though I am using this.
Vaponaute La petite box + kayfun Prime.
Looks beautiful but I wouldnt take it out as it is big for me. For folks out there I think it would be a go to as it looks sick ❤️
Ive put a credit card beside it for you to see how big it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 164

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
At home though I am using this.
Vaponaute La petite box + kayfun Prime.
Looks beautiful but I wouldnt take it out as it is big for me. For folks out there I think it would be a go to as it looks sick ❤️
Ive put a credit card beside it for you to see how big it is.

I'm very familiar with it. It was an "almost" for me - and a VERY close one at that. BEAUTIFUL devices.

Mar 3, 2018
Sounds a lot like you're really looking for a Billet Box... not quite a Side By Side, but small and stealthy with a full range of functions.

I want to ise my kayfun v3 mini as it is only 19mm in diameter which I can put it in a mod that is less fatter then a Knight v2 or Xvostick or Tesla Stealth. Cause for me, the Prime and the V3 mini have the same feeling and experience if you put them with the same airflow.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I want to ise my kayfun v3 mini as it is only 19mm in diameter which I can put it in a mod that is less fatter then a Knight v2 or Xvostick or Tesla Stealth. Cause for me, the Prime and the V3 mini have the same feeling and experience if you put them with the same airflow.
Ahhhh...

Perhaps the Kanger Juppi?

Kanger Juppi TC Box Mod Starter Kit

Users who are viewing this thread