listing side by side mods

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Been happily vaping with a few kayfuns ontop of an iStick and a Pico. Lately caught the itch for something new. I picked up an IKonn with a Melo Mini XL tank. Really enjoy it- BUT- miss being able to dial in a wattage to match a coil I might build on a kayfun. (Seems I've slid into the dark underworld of sub-ohm, and may not find my way back.) Anyway- been away from ECF for a while and missed the XVO and a few other side by sides (my preferred mod style). I came across RusMods- the Union in particular. Could only find 1 or 2 references to it. Any feedback about the mod or dealing with the company?

If you liked the XVO, check this:

Knight

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DPLongo22

Arnold Ziffle

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
San Quentin
IMG_9408.JPG

still use these now and then.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
View attachment 734199
still use these now and then.
The MicroStick on the left is set up exactly how I use mine, with a Mini Nova.

Speaking of Vision Novas, here's the one side by side device designed to use those heads.

I'm using one right now. My VV toy with no screen, better airflow and a whopping 10ml tank. Top fill too. Nova bliss!

I suspect I'm the only one left on the planet who enjoys this.

We will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.:D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The MicroStick on the left is set up exactly how I use mine, with a Mini Nova.

Speaking of Vision Novas, here's the one side by side device designed to use those heads.

I'm using one right now. My VV toy with no screen, better airflow and a whopping 10ml tank. Top fill too. Nova bliss!

I suspect I'm the only one left on the planet who enjoys this.

We will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.:D

I just ordered 2 (one black, one silver) from HealthCabin. They're on the way.

What can I say? I love old stuff.

Melsaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2018
Here's a Microstick 18500 clone I converted to accept an 18650 and spring loaded 510. Been using it for awhile, but will do a bit more work on it. The switch will be replaced with one from an LPG (my favorite) allowing me to shorten the height of the mod by 6 mm, bringing it to 77 mm total to the top of the switch, exactly the same is the custom wood mod in the bottom picture.

Yes, I too am a big fan of the side-by-side form factor.

View attachment 499344 View attachment 499346 View attachment 499347 View attachment 499348 View attachment 499361
That looks like I need one

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Reactions: DPLongo22

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Looking for a side by side for a Kayfun 5 and thought I decided on the the Smoant Knight 2...unfortunately, it seems to be out of stock everywhere. Looks to be discontinued. :(

Now eyeballing the Tesla Stealth 70w but am unsure if the K5 will fit into it. Can you guys offer any advice?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018
Looking for a side by side for a Kayfun 5 and thought I decided on the the Smoant Knight 2...unfortunately, it seems to be out of stock everywhere. Looks to be discontinued. :(

Now eyeballing the Tesla Stealth 70w but am unsure if the K5 will fit into it. Can you guys offer any advice?
It does fit perfectly, but the tesla stealth 70 w is a brick, i have a white one that I use now and then but its so impractical, its bulky and heavy..

Reactions: The Yeti
Mar 3, 2018
Ah, OK...thanks for that.

Anything else without an internal battery that I should be considering?
A perfect sized one is the normal tesla stealth, for mtl high ohm coil the battery life is magnificient but the problem is that it isonly power mode at 4.2 volt which sometimes is too much as I like to vape at 3.2 to 3.5 volt, about 11-14 watts on 1 ohm coils. 4.2 is like 17-21, which sometimes become really harsh. I vape on a kayfun prime, i left my kayfun v3 mini on the normal tesla stealth, ive got a 0.8 ohm coil on it and vape it on restricted direct lung hit. Now I’m using a kayfun prime with the tesla stealth 40w. 1 ohm 11 watt mtl. Lasts me all day if I vape a lot. One day and a half if vaped like a pack of cigarette.

Users who are viewing this thread