listing side by side mods

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
So thanks to amazon prime one day shipping the 510 problem is solved. Sadly the screen issue on the one mod has gotten even worse, however evolv has already sent me a replacement screen. Now that I have them functioning. I do have to say they are great mods. Can’t say I’ll ever give mini Ecig my business again, and that’s sad, because it is a great mod. Unfortunately, it would have been $300 worth of paperweights if I didn’t know how to fix these issues that should have never made it to my door. On top of that, I still haven’t gotten a reply from them.
1139ec65ec7269f3ef39f90dbd2cd40d.jpg
b98e7269f2073d941bbf95fe18dcf88b.jpg
both screens are lit at 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shan57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Midwest USA
Very disappointing day. Recieved my two xvo sticks after months of waiting only to try and put an atty on and find that the 510 isn’t threaded properly. Both devices are like this. Tried an authentic dvarw and an authentic squape on each. Can’t even get a half turn down. Messaged mini Ecig. No response. I ordered a tap to fix it but that’s not the point. So much talk about quality and such a long wait. This shouldn’t happen. Thanks for letting me vent.

Really bad news. I realize they are producing these on the side, but there is no excuse for bad threads, no quality control. Glad you can fix the connections and display yourself, point is you shouldn't have had to. Not sure I want to risk it so will probably cancel my order.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Without trying to make anything close to a pitch, but trying to bring some positive sights for those in wait...

DNA40 with a Fresia tank. 22mm, top fill, sits low with plenty of surrounding space for air. They vape (and drink!) like Ares, GoTank, etc., of which only the drinking part is a bit of a PITA. Can't do the bubbly in an Xvo though, so keep those gas pumps & cards at the ready.

Still SMH at @Mcowan226 's experience. I do hope it was an anomaly, and not indicative... :|

:thumb: for the self-fix too!!!

Xvo-Fresia_20190518_185836.jpg

Xvo-Fresia_20190518_191131.jpg

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Without trying to make anything close to a pitch, but trying to bring some positive sights for those in wait...

DNA40 with a Fresia tank. 22mm, top fill, sits low with plenty of surrounding space for air. They vape (and drink!) like Ares, GoTank, etc., of which only the drinking part is a bit of a PITA. Can't do the bubbly in an Xvo though, so keep those gas pumps & cards at the ready.

Still SMH at @Mcowan226 's experience. I do hope it was an anomaly, and not indicative... :|

:thumb: for the self-fix too!!!

View attachment 816057

View attachment 816059

I hope the same. I have only seen one other post on Facebook of the new batch and he seems very satisfied. I hope for everyone else I am the exception.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
(Mine is still in transit somewhere) no tracking is available, shipped May 11
Mine also shipped the 11th and I got a tracking number. Did you click on that tiny icon that looks like a document? That shows the details of your order, plus the tracking number.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I have a tracking number. The Israeli Post site listed on Mini ECigs site comes back with "no information for tracking number". The other site listed gives a warning error 'ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID," (even with anti virus temp disabled and/or in incognito mode) A third site wants to add an extension to Chrome- which I won't do.

AlexKS

Apr 17, 2019
Corsica
alkusin.net
I have a tracking number. The Israeli Post site listed on Mini ECigs site comes back with "no information for tracking number". The other site listed gives a warning error 'ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID," (even with anti virus temp disabled and/or in incognito mode) A third site wants to add an extension to Chrome- which I won't do.
Feel free to look with Aftership too! I use it extensively. Just type your tracking number.
Though, if Israeli Post doesn't have any details then Aftership probably won't have them too.

---------

Damn @Mcowan226 I'm so sorry for you, all this wait and then...

I was about to order one this week after hesitating a long time, after reading your experience I don't know if I will. And yeah I already sent 3 emails to MiniEcig last two months, they never replied. And I don't have FB.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Happy to report back that thanks to the good people at evolv and amazon I finally two beautiful fully functioning XVOSticks. I really do love these mods. The design and even the workmanship are fantastic. Sadly the quality control, final inspection, and customer service are lacking to say the least. Would I recommend these mods to a friend. ABSOLUTELY. But I would HIGHLY recommend finding one used in nice condition over ordering direct. Something I never thought I would say about any product.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
Not sure if this is a good thing or not-
MiniEcig advised a tracking number on May11. I have not been able to track it since then.
Today I figured USPS must (may) have it, or a view of it by now.
USPS is showing the package was 'accepted' for shipment on May 20th, in Israel. 9 days later?
Based on above- maybe mine was held back / pulled back when they realized the problem?
Not happy about another delay- but IF it comes in 100% working order, it may have been worth it.
(After 6 months of waiting- whats another 9 day delay..?!)

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Not sure if this is a good thing or not-
MiniEcig advised a tracking number on May11. I have not been able to track it since then.
Today I figured USPS must (may) have it, or a view of it by now.
USPS is showing the package was 'accepted' for shipment on May 20th, in Israel. 9 days later?
Based on above- maybe mine was held back / pulled back when they realized the problem?
Not happy about another delay- but IF it comes in 100% working order, it may have been worth it.
(After 6 months of waiting- whats another 9 day delay..?!)

Mine shipped out on the 13th brother. Unlikely it was held.

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Hey everyone. Just wanted to update the record. Mini-Ecig finally got back in touch with me. Apparently my email went to their spam folder. It was sent through the contact form on the website using the captcha key, so I don’t know how that happened, but I’ll choose to be forgiving. They did offer to repair the mods and pay for the shipping, so I’ll give them a pass. Thankfully, I had the knowledge base to handle it myself and don’t need to find out how long the process would take. Just thought you guys deserved an update and since I ranted about them I should be fair about letting everyone know they did finally try and fix everything!
839dbf29e4d14288abd9a593e14f2576.jpg

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Hey everyone. Another little update about mini-Ecig. In response to me turning down the repairs, because I had already made them myself, they wrote me back and told me they were sending me $20 to reimburse me for the screen replacement and my troubles. So I’m the end, it takes them awhile, but they do the right thing in long (and I mean LONG run). Lol.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Hey everyone. Another little update about mini-Ecig. In response to me turning down the repairs, because I had already made them myself, they wrote me back and told me they were sending me $20 to reimburse me for the screen replacement and my troubles. So I’m the end, it takes them awhile, but they do the right thing in long (and I mean LONG run). Lol.

There is hope, I’m starting to reconsider canceling my order.

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
There is hope, I’m starting to reconsider canceling my order.

B2L my honest opinion is that these mods are amazing. The process and company are frustrating to say the least and these headaches shouldn’t happen, but you aren’t going to find another mod in this form factor with a high quality, solid, and durable build anywhere. And the price is actually very good. I understand $155 isn’t cheap, but it is the average prices for most 3D printed DNA 60 mods.

So there you have it. Even after the wait, the broken screen, the 510 threads, and the horrifically slow communication I still think the mod is worth it. So much so in fact I just turned down a Dani Box mini being offered in trade.

Users who are viewing this thread