listing side by side mods

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
B2L my honest opinion is that these mods are amazing. The process and company are frustrating to say the least and these headaches shouldn’t happen, but you aren’t going to find another mod in this form factor with a high quality, solid, and durable build anywhere. And the price is actually very good. I understand $155 isn’t cheap, but it is the average prices for most 3D printed dna 60 mods.

So there you have it. Even after the wait, the broken screen, the 510 threads, and the horrifically slow communication I still think the mod is worth it. So much so in fact I just turned down a Dani Box mini being offered in trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in total agreement. I think the best thing that's happened in my years here is that a superb member sold me one of the originals. But second to that, by not much margin, was that I didn't have to deal with the company that made them.

I've managed to cull my purchases for a long time and what's left are IMO excellent devices. But the XVO stands alone. Nothing I own is like it other than serving the same function. It often puts a smile on my face when I pick it up to vape - and even though I have things I really really like, I'm not sure I can say that about them.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Finally ordered my Xvo!

Well, order #7506, what are my chances of receiving it before xmas 2032? :tumble:

I'm thinking maybe (hopefully) fairly quickly now that they're shipping.

FingersCrossedHandEmoji.jpg

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
So thanks to amazon prime one day shipping the 510 problem is solved. Sadly the screen issue on the one mod has gotten even worse, however evolv has already sent me a replacement screen. Now that I have them functioning. I do have to say they are great mods. Can’t say I’ll ever give mini Ecig my business again, and that’s sad, because it is a great mod. Unfortunately, it would have been $300 worth of paperweights if I didn’t know how to fix these issues that should have never made it to my door. On top of that, I still haven’t gotten a reply from them.
1139ec65ec7269f3ef39f90dbd2cd40d.jpg
b98e7269f2073d941bbf95fe18dcf88b.jpg
both screens are lit at 100%.

Hi MC

Just happened to mine only had it 2 weeks what a pain.

Was going to try getting inside it and disconnecting the screen and clean with isoprol alcohol ,seems its a common issue.

That photo is like what my screen used to look like and what it looks like now.

Cheers Moza

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hi MC

Just happened to mine only had it 2 weeks what a pain.

Was going to try getting inside it and disconnecting the screen and clean with isoprol alcohol ,seems its a common issue.

That photo is like what my screen used to look like and what it looks like now.

Cheers Moza

Nice to see you, old friend, but not nice about the reason. I hope you get it worked out, quickly and well.

D.

• Agree
Reactions: Katdarling

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I sometimes wonder if MINI interprets "QC" as "Quantity Confirmed" (or something along other arbitrary lines).

:facepalm:

I was going to rate it funny but it hits too close to the truth.

I’ve decided to go ahead and wait it out, keeping fingers crossed that they’ve heard and won’t send out any more wonky units :unsure:

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
What a Looooong strange trip it's been.........
My XVO arrived today!
Ordered mid Nov, Ship notice was May 11- untrackable until last week- which showed still in Israel on May 20 (which matches postmark on package.) Rec'd notice from USPS it was delivered today at 3:10. Got home, no package...!? An hour later, a neighbor arrives with package, said package was dropped off at their place by mistake.
Most important of all: XVO is in perfect shape- no screen or thread issues.
So, for those who will order- and may be impatient with shipping times (I've heard rumors that 'some' vapers 'may' be impatient waiting for gear to arrive) : @Mcowan226 (lives in same general area as me in NY) received his about 14 days sooner than I did- but he paid extra for expedited shipping. I guess it may be worth it)
All in all- great device- just breaking it in.

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
What a Looooong strange trip it's been.........
My XVO arrived today!
Ordered mid Nov, Ship notice was May 11- untrackable until last week- which showed still in Israel on May 20 (which matches postmark on package.) Rec'd notice from USPS it was delivered today at 3:10. Got home, no package...!? An hour later, a neighbor arrives with package, said package was dropped off at their place by mistake.
Most important of all: XVO is in perfect shape- no screen or thread issues.
So, for those who will order- and may be impatient with shipping times (I've heard rumors that 'some' vapers 'may' be impatient waiting for gear to arrive) : @Mcowan226 (lives in same general area as me in NY) received his about 14 days sooner than I did- but he paid extra for expedited shipping. I guess it may be worth it)
All in all- great device- just breaking it in.

The expedited shipping was definitely worth it. Even with all the issues I was going to order another to have as a backup earlier today. Looks like this run is over and from what I understand they do not intend to do another.

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Here’s the new addition to the collection. It is smaller in every dimension then the XVO. A little heavier (SS instead of Aluminium). The atty hole takes a 24mm diameter and that’s a 47.8 mm tall (not including drip tip)Squape NDuro. The side fire button is perfect if you pick the mod up with your right hand. Ring finger lands right on the button, and I have small hands. The single button menu navigation works great but takes a little getting used to. Dicodes extreme v3...wow. My first dicodes, and I’m glad I waited for this mod to get into it.
6cb0aa76d81b1132dfa87f4c0e68771a.jpg

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
very nice,
what's it's called and what batteries does it take?

If you are referring to my post it is a SunBox 0-Nega-2. The standard version takes 18650 batteries but you can get a kit with smaller frame and tube for 18500 batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread