listing side by side mods

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Brilliant suggestion. I have thought abut it before then got distracted. It happens. A lot. That has actually worked for me before, I emailed a shop looking for a particular mech and they said they searched the inventory room and found two hiding. So it is worth a shot for sure.
Good luck, and do let us know.

It's worked for me before too, so fingers crossed for you.

Sent from my Samsung GS9+ using Tapatalk

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@Mcowan226 - question about the ZN2 button placement. I love the look of the mod (not likely buying it but am intrigued). How does the button work for a totally ambidextrous vaper? It looks like it might be an issue, but I don't know (and would like to).

• Agree

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
@Mcowan226 - question about the ZN2 button placement. I love the look of the mod (not likely buying it but am intrigued). How does the button work for a totally ambidextrous vaper? It looks like it might be an issue, but I don't know (and would like to).

It took some getting used to, and I do prefer a front placement, but it works. Just a different grip with the left then the right.

I’ll try and take some pictures later for you bud. The button placement is the same as the original ZN. It’s because it’s built with a chip designed specifically for tube mods. It is essentially a split Dani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It took some getting used to, and I do prefer a front placement, but it works. Just a different grip with the left then the right.

I’ll try and take some pictures later for you bud. The button placement is the same as the original ZN. It’s because it’s built with a chip designed specifically for tube mods. It is essentially a split Dani.

Thank you, sir, and only if it's not too much trouble (since it's mainly satisfying a curiosity).

I'd say that 80% of the time I vape left handed (while working, at least), and it appears like one might have to "scrunch" back a ring finger, but that may be simply perception. I'm guessing if vaping right handed a finger might wrap nicely around (and onto) it.

I did see how they built it out. VERY cool, and quite nicely done. :thumbs:

Beautiful too, as has always been the case with Sunbox mods (in my biased opinion).

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Thank you, sir, and only if it's not too much trouble (since it's mainly satisfying a curiosity).

I'd say that 80% of the time I vape left handed (while working, at least), and it appears like one might have to "scrunch" back a ring finger, but that may be simply perception. I'm guessing if vaping right handed a finger might wrap nicely around (and onto) it.

I did see how they built it out. VERY cool, and quite nicely done. :thumbs:

Beautiful too, as has always been the case with Sunbox mods (in my biased opinion).

If your are used to gripping an xvostick or any other front or top fire side by side it takes a bit of getting used to with the left.

I assume if was your first and you were lefty you’d figure this out right away but I’m not, it wasn’t and it took me a minute. Keep in mind in the photos my hands are smaller then then most. Go ahead and laugh, I don’t care been dealing with it my whole life. Lol

Anyway, for most side by side you heap the mod with the battery towards the back of your hand. Fire with your thumb at the top or ring finger in front. With your right hand it is the same and your ring finger lands dead on the button. Even with my baby hands, this mod is a few mm smaller in every dimension compared the to XVO so no issues.

With the left I had to train myself to grab the atty side or just the broad side and either fire with my thumb or my ring finger respectively. Took about a week of lying in bed with my phone in my right hand but now it feels just as natural

1881e9fe42de11b444a0d0ba32129c41.jpg
d143ed128d16f684a8162a18f75a7b4d.jpg
43c1368da76a0169dbfd40e8965cd84c.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If your are used to gripping an xvostick or any other front or top fire side by side it takes a bit of getting used to with the left.

I assume if was your first and you were lefty you’d figure this out right away but I’m not, it wasn’t and it took me a minute. Keep in mind in the photos my hands are smaller then then most. Go ahead and laugh, I don’t care been dealing with it my whole life. Lol

Anyway, for most side by side you heap the mod with the battery towards the back of your hand. Fire with your thumb at the top or ring finger in front. With your right hand it is the same and your ring finger lands dead on the button. Even with my baby hands, this mod is a few mm smaller in every dimension compared the to XVO so no issues.

With the left I had to train myself to grab the atty side or just the broad side and either fire with my thumb or my ring finger respectively. Took about a week of lying in bed with my phone in my right hand but now it feels just as natural

1881e9fe42de11b444a0d0ba32129c41.jpg
d143ed128d16f684a8162a18f75a7b4d.jpg
43c1368da76a0169dbfd40e8965cd84c.jpg

NOT laughing. It may have take me a month...!

I'd have been grabbing it "tank-out", and pulling my ring finger back. I know me. :blush:

Eventually I may have gotten there, but it might have been after seeing something like this first. EXCELLENT job - thanks!

• Agree

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have thrown in the towel and given up on MiniEcig.

Requested a refund, let’s see if that gets acknowledged.

What a crappy way to run a company.

Sorry, B2L.

I was thinking about something earlier, as I was reflecting on what we went through with them. Back in 2015, they had a vested interested in maintaining some level of discipline. They were an approved ECF vendor, with a page here, and a human being representing them (Eugenia/Little Donkey).

To see how they're replying to people now, especially since they're no longer on the forum, is literally jaw dropping. Basically that they're too busy with their other business lines... SERIOUSLY???

No. If I ever see them do another pre-order, I WILL open my mouth. I wish I'd thought of this much sooner because I definitely would have said something.

They ran us through the ringer, and had a LOT of our money in hand, and that was while they still had a reputation to protect (here and on other forums worldwide). Obviously they've changed gears, and vape clients simply don't matter to them.

VERY sad.

Last edited:

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
No. If I ever see them do another pre-order, I WILL open my mouth. I wish I'd thought of this much sooner because I definitely would have said something.

They ran us through the ringer, and had a LOT of our money in hand, and that was while they still had a reputation to protect (here and on other forums worldwide). Obviously they've changed gears, and vape clients simply don't matter to them.

VERY sad.

As A vaper who does not do reviews but is very active in the community, and pays for all his products, I get a lot of questions about recommendations on mods I own. And I tend to be pretty critical. This is literally the only mod that highly recommend, provides you can find it used in good condition and NEVER order new from the modder.

I hate that I have to do that, but it’s the truth, and people trust my opinion. I refuse to put my reputation in the hands of his.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Sorry, B2L.

I was thinking about something earlier, as I was reflecting on what we went through with them. Back in 2015, they had a vested interested in maintain some level of discipline. They were an approved ECF vendor, with a page here, and a human being representing them (Eugenia/Little Donkey).

To see how they're replying to people now, especially since they're no long from the forum, is literally jaw dropping. Basically that they're too busy with their other business lines... SERIOUSLY???

VERY sad.

Agreed.

The wait is one thing but in this day and age it takes 15 seconds to give an update on the site or FB. The lack of any such thing shows utter disregard for anyone who has paid hard earned money for your product.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
As A vaper who does not do reviews but is very active in the community, and pays for all his products, I get a lot of questions about recommendations on mods I own. And I tend to be pretty critical. This is literally the only mod that highly recommend, provides you can find it used in good condition and NEVER order new from the modder.

I hate that I have to do that, but it’s the truth, and people trust my opinion. I refuse to put my reputation in the hands of his.

Obviously a smart choice :thumb:

Unfortunately at this point even if I got it and it was the best mod ever, I wouldn’t enjoy it. Most all of my high end mods are special not only because of performance but also because of a relationship/friendship with the modder that is fostered by trust and communication. This is 100% lacking here.

Things happen, life happens, I understand but just talk to me!

Sorry, I’ll shut up now.

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Reply #20 posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 7:46am Fatman, gurishka, and Quote
nePJzpSfWUbikmLqBB0P.png

Post by moza on Jul 23, 2019 at 7:46am
I sent them this today as well as posting on there FB Page :mail:

Dear Mini-Ecig team Thank You for your reply finally !!!!

I waited 6 months for the Xvo Stik to arrive, then it had a screen issue sent back under warranty.
Do I have to wait another 6 months to get it back.
I am extremely disappointed in the feedback and service I am receiving.
Please send me a new one that works as i consider it lost .
"If the parcel is lost, we'll ship a replacement."
Regards
Maurice Randrup

There Reply
Hi Maurice,

Please let's wait for Monday 22.07. We'll search your parcel at the postal office and if it is found, we'll repair it and ship back to you. If it is not found, we'll ship you a replacement mod.
I understand your disappointment and we'll solve your problem as soon as possible.
Have a nice day,
MiniEcig team

I mean i sent it back 6 weeks ago express registered would have got there in 1 week !
Out of all the Vape shops & all the online shops i have purchased off in my life Mini Ecig have found the Holy Grail of Service to customers

And finally on Monday
Hi Maurice,

Your parcel arrived finally, we'll repair it and ship back to you. I'll get back to you with a tracking number.

Have a nice day,
MiniEcig team

Dear Mini Ecig Team,

So it has finally arrived or should I say you finally looked for it and found it.

This was shipped to you nearly 8 weeks ago !

I would appreciate a quick turnaround on it being fixed and shipped.

But I am not holding my breath going on past experiences.

Regards

Frustrated & Bewildered Customer

Maurice

Boy i love dealing with these creatures
:tumble:

Users who are viewing this thread