listing side by side mods

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Unless it calls for something oddly special, any should work fine. They're all the same size so if one fits, so will the next.

I'm guessing here though because I don't own the mod.
    I read somewhere they have Nautilus Mini coils or something that won't work? I can't tell - all the photos are up close, and they all "look" the same to me. Also, I don't think Nautilus X coils are compatible, but that might be for a pod kit or something - I'm not very familiar with Aspire unfortunately. Ironically, my first atomizer I ever bought was an Atlantis, but I cannot say I was a big fan, lol.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I read somewhere they have Nautilus Mini coils or something that won't work? I can't tell - all the photos are up close, and they all "look" the same to me. Also, I don't think Nautilus X coils are compatible, but that might be for a pod kit or something - I'm not very familiar with Aspire unfortunately. Ironically, my first atomizer I ever bought was an Atlantis, but I cannot say I was a big fan, lol.

That's odd because Nautilus mini and full size use the same coils. There are smaller BVC coils that existed before Nautilus added "BVC" to their name too, but they don't say Nautilus anywhere. Those wouldn't be compatible.

The smaller ones were actually used in the original "Billet Bridge" that started this whole craziness (a long, long time ago). They're the "Bridges" that I still use to this day. I never "upgraded". :laugh:

Maybe someone who knows more about it than me will pipe in soon.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I have the Abyss, but am not using the Nautilus bridge... Rebuildables all the way!

That said, it takes the standard Nautilus coils... I DO have a 0.7 ohm mesh Nautilus coil in my Aspire Boxx...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Okay, so these are the correct coils then?

Aspire Nautilus BVC Replacement Coil - 5PK

I just don't want to order 5 boxes of some coil I'm never going to end up using, lol.

I will like get the Ether bridge as well as the bridge kit at some point - I was originally going to use these mods as a SbS not having a whole lot of luck with the SXK Supbox, but the Abyss looks like it holds the coil assembly a bit more firm than the Supbox which had coil readings jumping all over the place.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    One of the nicest SBS out there.
    If I remember correctly, they make Shred III which is a gem. And the old Shred II was lovely too
    One of the nicest SBS out there.
    If I remember correctly, they make Shred III which is a gem. And the old Shred II was lovely too

Why is Tek Division spoken of so seldom here?

I've only seen pictures but from what I have seen their designs are among the nicest out there. They're expensive but not the most expensive.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

I've only seen pictures but from what I have seen their designs are among the nicest out there. They're expensive but not the most expensive.

I think people talk about what they buy, mainly. Tek's good but probably hasn't sold a ton to the ECF crowds, or maybe just the quiet ones.

They had the few early ones, and by the time they started producing new stuff, the SbS market was already in the midst of over-saturation (still ongoing). I'm sure once someone here gets their actual hands on one, they'll be discussed.

We're vapers. It's what we do. We buy stuff, and we talk about it. :cool:

Lather, rinse, repeat. :lol:

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    We're vapers. It's what we do. We buy stuff, and we talk about it. :cool:

Well... I vape but I'm a designer, now mostly retired but I designed luxury goods in metals. I'm thankful this guy wasn't a competitor of mine. He's that good.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com

There are many mods that belong to the upper price range and they are rarerly mentioned here on ECF.
    Visionary Mods UK makes some fantastic fine stabwood, nowadays they no longer have a website.
    MMvapors makes beautiful mods too, but little talk about them.
    TEK, Fakir, SubMonkey etc

Todd's review is good at showing off the upper class.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Todd's review is good at showing off the upper class.

Who's Todd? Could I please have a link to his review?

I don't like to waste money but I'm willing to spend it on good ergonomics, interesting design and quality manufacture. I don't think I'm alone in this.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Who's Todd? Could I please have a link to his review?

I don't like to waste money but I'm willing to spend it on good ergonomics, interesting design and quality manufacture. I don't think I'm alone in this.
    @DPLongo22 was faster then me :wub:

Mark Todd has been collecting high end vape products just about ever since.
    I like him as a reviewer, and I think he thoroughly goes through what he has on the bench.
    He is one of the few who takes the time to answer questions, if you ask in the comments field you will most often get answers.
    A polite Scot he is.
    He also happen to get new upper class early.

In the upper price range, maybe half are posted in stores for sale, maybe just as much is sold on facebook groups.

One brand we should not forget that belongs to the high end is Limelight. I have a Limelight Wicket and it is a fantastically built mod, really a lot of ingenious solutions there, chip etc in module, same with the data port, a 510 solution that is just about perfect.
    You put on atty, then battery, when you tighten the battery cap you also tighten the 510.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    For @KonaNeil - Most of the higher end stuff is sold via Facebook groups these days. Tek still puts some up on their website, but FB remains the most consistent way to nab something. There are a bunch of groups, covering pretty much every vape-interest any vaper might prefer.

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    Hey folks.. It's time to resurrect this thread..

I'm looking for a small side by side because of the form factor and how stealthy they are, but I want a cleanable glass tank, not a pod. But it sort of looks like the VooPoo Drag Nano or Ak2 are my only choices..

Or are there any side by sides that work well with a nautilus mini or another smaller quality mini tank? The Rokin looks good, but I don't think its designed for e liquid.

Thanks!

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Hey folks.. It's time to resurrect this thread..

I'm looking for a small side by side because of the form factor and how stealthy they are, but I want a cleanable glass tank, not a pod. But it sort of looks like the VooPoo Drag Nano or Ak2 are my only choices..

Or are there any side by sides that work well with a nautilus mini or another smaller quality mini tank? The Rokin looks good, but I don't think its designed for e liquid.

Thanks!

Pretty much any of the thousand or so SbS options allow you to use your own tank. All of mine do, and all of the ones I know of do too. Options abound.

• Agree
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Most of the higher end stuff is sold via Facebook groups these days.
    Oh yeah! :D Lots of noice vape gear. :facepalm:

FB remains the most consistent way to nab something.
    Yes. Especially rare gear that's long been sold out elsewhere. I was hunting for an authentic FLVR RDA (Malaysia) for quite some time. Those originally went very quickly two years ago.

I recently joined the private FLVR FB group and sent a PM to Adrian Yew (the designer/maker of all things FLVR). Within 20 minutes he found one for me. A few days, and several thousand of miles later, it sits upon one of my squonkers. ;)

There are a bunch of groups, covering pretty much every vape-interest any vaper might prefer.
    Bunches and bunches and bunches of groups. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread