listing side by side mods

eGoinMD

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
MD
If I could find a no logo version of the Kato, I'd be all over it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
FT used to have a logoless version, but it is sadly discontinued. I sometimes think about wrapping my "beater" EDC Kato with some kind of tape, but haven't done it...yet...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Believe me. This is definitely a working vacation. What we do for friends...

Oh dahlink. I'd get married for you, in a heart beat.

I do not have a Kabuki. If you'll go ahead and send me one ;-P

I also did not bring my Knight with me today... but...

The Talos V1 that ships with the kit is 22x40.5 mm, not including drip tip. The Kabuki measures 22x37.2 mm, not including drip tip. This would lead me to say yes, it will work, but you might want to use a longer drip tip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sound very much like a Kabuke in an XVO. Short, but extremely doable.

Exactly!

PLACE ORDER. :)

Sign me up?

HootOwl

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2016
Indiana
Lots of great ideas all over this site I'm really loving it. I would love to hear thoughts/suggestions on a Gizmo or Black Oak type side by side..... used with a KICK. I dont vape over 11 watts, just 'tootle puff' on either 22mm or now 19mm (loving this kayfun Mini V3). I have 18650s and 18350s and multi-charger, and could also do 18500s. Does the KICK just basically fit in mech mod and 'add' one batt size, like 18500 + KICK= 18650 ?? And for stealthy pocket carry low wattage vaping .... wd this be a good setup? Also would MUCH rather buy from USA vendors, but if not an option who do yall buy from overseas? I know that's a lot of questions, have a sandwich and a vape and get back with me when u have time. Thanks guys and gals!!!

Reactions: Katdarling

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Lots of great ideas all over this site I'm really loving it. I would love to hear thoughts/suggestions on a Gizmo or Black Oak type side by side..... used with a KICK. I dont vape over 11 watts, just 'tootle puff' on either 22mm or now 19mm (loving this Kayfun Mini V3). I have 18650s and 18350s and multi-charger, and could also do 18500s. Does the KICK just basically fit in mech mod and 'add' one batt size, like 18500 + KICK= 18650 ?? And for stealthy pocket carry low wattage vaping .... wd this be a good setup? Also would MUCH rather buy from USA vendors, but if not an option who do yall buy from overseas? I know that's a lot of questions, have a sandwich and a vape and get back with me when u have time. Thanks guys and gals!!!

Rather than a kick, I would consider the Wismec Control Head. Check it out. They're available from US vendors too. Discountvapers has a good price. So good I might just spring for one right now. :)

WISMEC OLED Screen VW MOD Control Head

Screenshot 2016-04-16 at 9.57.17 AM.png

Last edited:

HootOwl

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2016
Indiana
Rather than a kick, I would consider the Wismec Control Head. Check it out. They're available from US vendors too. Madvapes has a good price. So good I might just spring for one right now. :)

View attachment 547313
Yeah I saw you mention that earlier and did look Iinto it some, u think better than a Kick? I've never used either. Just that the Kick is small and slides right in w the batt .... isn't that how it works? Well I'm going to really consider this instaed then , if it fits or can go with my intended application then ill prob vet one too thanks!

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Yeah I saw you mention that earlier and did look Iinto it some, u think better than a Kick? I've never used either. Just that the Kick is small and slides right in w the batt .... isn't that how it works? Well I'm going to really consider this instaed then , if it fits or can go with my intended application then ill prob vet one too thanks!

I've had kicks and ended up never using them. This is much more useful if it works well with your form factor. Remember you said for side-by-side, some of which, like Black Oak, have lots of room for it. If you change your wattage now and then, accessing the pot on the kick can be annoying. Here you get easy button access, wattage/voltage regulation and battery readout. Also, you get to keep your 3000 mAh battery instead of downsizing to 1100 mAh.

I couldn't resist the price and just ordered one. Got a few rigs it would fit to nicely. :)

HootOwl

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2016
Indiana
I've had kicks and ended up never using them. This is much more useful if it works well with your form factor. Remember you said for side-by-side, some of which, like Black Oak, have lots of room for it. If you change your wattage now and then, accessing the pot on the kick can be annoying. Here you get easy button access, wattage/voltage regulation and battery readout. Also, you get to keep your 3000 mAh battery instead of downsizing to 1100 mAh.

I couldn't resist the price and just ordered one. Got a few rigs it would fit to nicely. :)
Yep, I am concerned with being able to adjust my wattage and battery life- this thing beats the kick easily onboth points, good call

Reactions: TheWestPole

HootOwl

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2016
Indiana

Really getting Iinterested in maybe doing a side by side setup like that... which ones do you know of that it works nicely on, and are you using 18650 mech mods? Thx

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Really getting Iinterested in maybe doing a side by side setup like that... which ones do you know of that it works nicely on, and are you using 18650 mech mods? Thx
O and I would really love to see pics of such a setup..... I bet some others would too. Good thinking and hope yours works out well 4u, keep us posted:thumb:

I'm kicking around ideas while I wait for it to arrive. Have several possibilities: a custom 26650 wood; a modified 18650 Phantus, a couple of Ignitions and various SMPL tube mechs to fit them. Haven't decided yet, but will post when I do.

Reactions: DPLongo22

eGoinMD

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
MD
Rather than a kick, I would consider the Wismec Control Head. Check it out. They're available from US vendors too. Discountvapers has a good price. So good I might just spring for one right now. :)

View attachment 547313

I'd almost consider that, with Kayfun Nano's, if I even slightly believed that you could screw that on to a Kato... Then again, I am happy with my 1.2-4ish KFL's in mech mode with 18650's.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I'd almost consider that, with Kayfun Nano's, if I even slightly believed that you could screw that on to a Kato... Then again, I am happy with my 1.2-4ish KFL's in mech mode with 18650's.

How much clearance do you have between your Kafun base and the mod when installed? If I could get a measurement on that, I could tell you when I get mine.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Users who are viewing this thread