listing side by side mods

omeringen

Sep 17, 2019
Hi,
Is there any info about Nucleo Nano chip comparing to dna or YiHi about customization or TC performance ?
I see tek-division Proxima is using nucleo chip:
https://www.tek-division.com/product-page/copy-of-proxima

/edit:
There is also a user manual of Nucleo on description section of Todd's review:

Last edited:

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Hi,
Is there any info about Nucleo Nano chip comparing to dna or YiHi about customization or TC performance ?
I see tek-division Proxima is using nucleo chip:
https://www.tek-division.com/product-page/copy-of-proxima

/edit:
There is also a user manual of Nucleo on description section of Todd's review:

From what I understand, TC performance is about as good as it gets. It's not customizable in the way dna boards are, but they have stuff like pretty advanced boost settings and 24 different coil materials + custom TCR.

I'm looking at a Nucleo chip myself, so I've done a little digging into them. It's one button operation, though, so things like adjusting wattage is a little involved. You can setup 5 different profiles, though, so you can set them at different wattages or temperatures and just switch between them.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Is there any info about Nucleo Nano chip comparing to DNA or YiHi about customization or TC performance ?

YiHi does TC in PWM. I don't know if many knew this.

I'm looking at a Nucleo chip myself, so I've done a little digging into them. It's one button operation

One button? The YiHi SX220 and SX300 only used one button. Although it used a tilt sensor for up (tilt right) and down (tilt left). Nor did they sport a buck converter. So battery voltage or higher is all you got.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I could be wrong, but my understanding has been that all chips use PWM, with the differences being how effectively it's applied (frequency, etc.). I am NOT an electrician, so my knowledge is minimal and all gained just from being a vaper.

Mods using just a potentiometer don't use PWM, which is why the vape from things like the early Billet Boxes (revs 1-3) is always so exceptionally good (low wattage vapers only).

Again, EVERYTHING I said above could be completely wrong. Almost everyone on ECF knows more than I do about stuff like this.

I push the button and vapor comes out ("Grunt"). :vapor:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Evolv's DNA boards utilize (smooth) DC, not PWM....

The DNA 60 for example:

Evolv DNA 60 – Evolv LLC

The DNA 60 is a 60 watt power regulated digital switch-mode DC-DC converter for personal vaporizers

EDIT: If one is interested in the differences between signals, check out PBusardo's reviews regarding Evolv and YiHi devices on YouTube...

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Looks like Evolv is also same:
About PWM – Modz By Nasy LLC

DNA boards do not use PWM for the output to the coil. You can clearly see PWM with an oscilloscope if they did. Both PBusardo and DJLsb Vapes often show scoped outputs in their videos. Being in electronics my whole life, I have a few oscilloscopes myself. While I never scoped an Evolv Darwin or a Evolv Kick (I never owned either), so I don't know what they used as an output. I also never scoped the DNA screen output either, but I wouldn't be surprised if PWM is used there for screen dimming.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DNA boards do not use PWM for the output to the coil. You can clearly see PWM with an oscilloscope if they did. Both PBusardo and DJLsb Vapes often show scoped outputs in their videos. Being in electronics my whole life, I have a few oscilloscopes myself. While I never scoped an Evolv Darwin or a Evolv Kick (I never owned either), so I don't know what they used as an output. I also never scoped the DNA screen output either, but I wouldn't be surprised if PWM is used there for screen dimming.

I'm running that through Google Translate to see what it means in English. ;)

I'm kidding, of course. :D

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
It admittedly wasn't MY favorite, but for any SbS addicts out there, $15.50 is nothing to sneeze at.

Aspire MIXX Box Mod
I already have 3. They are very nice mods and solidly built compared to some of the plastic bodied SBS's costing $$$.

$15.50 is only for the Amethyst Mixx. The Jet Black and Quicksilver are $38.50 (which is still a good deal).
Screen shot 2022-04-24 at 12.19.13 PM.png

Ummm... but I have a question... when you select any of them their page says "Partially In Stock" (see screenshot)... huh? o_O What on earth could that mean???

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I already have 3. They are very nice mods and solidly built compared to some of the plastic bodied SBS's costing $$$.

$15.50 is only for the Amethyst Mixx. The Jet Black and Quicksilver are $38.50 (which is still a good deal).
View attachment 973480
Ummm... but I have a question... when you select any of them their page says "Partially In Stock" (see screenshot)... huh? o_O What on earth could that mean???

Maybe they send just a battery tube & cap? ;)

It's a purdy color... :unsure: :laugh: :blink:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Were these Sunbox E8 Moonraker mods ever been mentioned here before? I've never heard of them before (until now) and they were first seen in 2016 and you could get them with a DNA25 or a DNA40. These sold for about 500 bucks out of Italy. And fancy panels for them were over 100 bucks a set. Kind of reminds me a little of a Vape.Tools Railbox DNA40 (which I do have), but this is smaller.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Were these Sunbox E8 Moonraker mods ever been mentioned here before? I've never heard of them before (until now) and they were first seen in 2016 and you could get them with a DNA25 or a DNA40. These sold for about 500 bucks out of Italy. And fancy panels for them were over 100 bucks a set. Kind of reminds me a little of a Vape.Tools Railbox DNA40 (which I do have), but this is smaller.

Yeah. I had a couple of them. A Railbox too. The Moonraker was a bit "sharp" for my personal taste, but it's a nice mod if someone likes that style.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Sunbox doesn't list the Moonraker E8 anymore.

3Fvape has the SXK Sunbox E8 Moonraker clone in-stock for $36.99. It uses the Sevo 70w chipset. They have a note that says "This chipset is SEVO 70, not DNA" which makes me wonder if SXK also sold a DNA version at one time.

Buy SXK SB E8 Mnraker Style 70W Sliding VW Black Vape Box Mod

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
Pretty much any of the thousand or so SbS options allow you to use your own tank. All of mine do, and all of the ones I know of do too. Options abound.

Thanks, but are any small SBS's designed to fit around a 19 mm diameter tank tightly? I retired my Nautilus mini 20mm and bought a Nautilus Nano 19mm..
And Ive seen some AIO's that have the side by side layout.. Are there any good SBS AIO's that have glass tanks?

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks, but are any small SBS's designed to fit around a 19 mm diameter tank tightly? I retired my Nautilus mini 20mm and bought a Nautilus Nano 19mm..
And Ive seen some AIO's that have the side by side layout.. Are there any good SBS AIO's that have glass tanks?

I know that TEK makes one or three. There might be other cheaper options that I'm unfamiliar with too.

https://www.tek-division.com/product-page/shred-v2

https://www.tek-division.com/product-page/shred-v3

For AIOs there are many, all built off the backs of the original of its kind, the Billet Box. They use glass tanks.

Billet Box Vapor

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Are there any good SBS AIO's that have glass tanks?
You might want to look at the Dovpo Abyss. I pair mine with an Ether RBA but it fits many boro-sized rbas as well. Has a glass tank and takes 18650 or 21700 batteries. Very sturdy, well built mods. You can use it as an aio or an sbs. Probably better suited to 24mm attys in sbs mode so might be too big for you.
There are some pretty good deals on them these days.

Users who are viewing this thread